Epic Refurbishment

Single Cruiser

The new La Cucina

ff12787d1ab457fdf82c64cedcdecf67.jpg

5cc9c46523c76fe83ed77381cfdf0458.jpg

4c697aa1f4ff6b69ebead69a5498937c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the new look. A big change from the "Olive Garden look". The new look is much more elegant.

I guess they're trying to justify the cost increases. It does look much better. I'm just thinking if it's the same food at a higher price, they had to do something.

I've never eaten there on any of ships because I felt like it was something I could get at home. Nothing looked special enough to pay for. I hope the menu is different. Since I have UDP I'll definitely will give it a shot in November. Thanks to everyone for posting pictures. Can't wait until the 29th. Whoop Whoop

Le Bistro looks pretty similar? Maybe new chairs thats about it?

I would agree. Not even new chairs but new carpet. I think that is it. Here is a pic I took of Le Bistro during the crossing over to Europe in April. I actually prefer the old carpet. It looks more custom designed for the space and less generic.

17412769776_81c2efa271_b.jpg

Edited by eroller

Wonder how the first cruise is going after dry dock! Hope priscilla is wowing them really looking forward to that show

We were at opening night of Percilla. The 9:30 show was standing room only. The cast did a fantastic job! So did the bus! Now,,,, almost a slight, they are showing the Percilla movie on the movie channel on board. I would hate to be the floating singers if the seas are rough.

Have all the cabins had a refurbishment ? We are sailing on the 24th of February and can't wait!

Kim

All of the cabins got new carpet and new new mattress. Some/all had some laminated floors replaced with tile. Touch up paint as needed. "Behind the walls" there were some mandatory electrical and hvac updates in all rooms.

In the Haven, they have new very heavy pillow tops in the master bed and a new sofa bed topper in the second bedrooms, some new furniture, new tile, new coffee makers (good bye Lavassa).

All of the cabins got new carpet and new new mattress. Some/all had some laminated floors replaced with tile. Touch up paint as needed. "Behind the walls" there were some mandatory electrical and hvac updates in all rooms.

In the Haven, they have new very heavy pillow tops in the master bed and a new sofa bed topper in the second bedrooms, some new furniture, new tile, new coffee makers (good bye Lavassa).

Thank you Birdtravels hope your enjoying the ship

The resident Beatles band and owner from the Cavern Club in Liverpool are aboard the Epic to dedicate the new Epic Cavern Club. Playing to packed crowds. They will disembark in Lisbon tomorrow.

Fat Cats use to have rows of chairs. The Cavern Club has more lounge chairs which decreases the number of seats available.

cab7b85ae011f1a34f4b0f07f75861f2.jpg2ecb620c3874bc8e55913a3a0cd5d89a.jpg

As one final observation for the evening, as we left the dock in Vigo, Spain, the ship stopped dead in the water. We noted 3 engineers and an officer in a station up in the mast with sighting equipment. We then started a verrrrryyyyy slow rotation. After about 45 min, the Captain came on the PA to say that due to the extensive new metal work done in dry dock, they needed to recalibrate their magnetic compass to back up the newer gyro and gps systems. After another 45 min we got underway.

By this time, we were in Cagney's seated at the aft windows. We felt the ship's props come up to full power with a lot of shaking and rattling in the dining room. Then with an even greater shaking (now with dishes dancing only the tables) we execute an emergency stop (props in full reverse). Dead in the water again for 20 mins.

The restaurant manger said that they were taking advantage of the glassy waters in Vigo bay to run more tests.

I've never eaten there on any of ships because I felt like it was something I could get at home. Nothing looked special enough to pay for. I hope the menu is different. Since I have UDP I'll definitely will give it a shot in November. Thanks to everyone for posting pictures. Can't wait until the 29th. Whoop Whoop

You can just make the trip across the Licking river and go to Pompilio's. LOL

Thanks for posting all these incredible photos. She looks like a new ship!

I like the new La Cucina but I think they should have swapped locations.....Le Bistro where La Cucina is and vice versa. Le Bistro on Epic is so cramped and dark.

The carpet is the same in the suites but they did change the fabric on the chairs. I cant wait to see the Haven lounge. That place was amazing and so over the top I am not sure you could have made it better.

Thanks for posting all these incredible photos. She looks like a new ship!

I like the new La Cucina but I think they should have swapped locations.....Le Bistro where La Cucina is and vice versa. Le Bistro on Epic is so cramped and dark.

The carpet is the same in the suites but they did change the fabric on the chairs. I cant wait to see the Haven lounge. That place was amazing and so over the top I am not sure you could have made it better.

I like the Le Bistro on the Epic, it is nice and spacious in my opinion. This is compared to the Le Bistro on the Breakaway which is more of a dark cubbyhole compared to the Epic!

Thank you for the photos! We booked the Epic for 2017 while onboard the Getaway earlier this month. Looking forward to experiencing The Haven again! For those that have sailed both Getaway & Epic, is the Haven similar? I know Epic layout is much different than the Away class in general, but not sure if that pertains to the Haven as well?