What's Your Favorite Size Packing Cube?

karinad

We use different sizes depending on what's being packed. Smaller ones for underwear, larger ones for pants.

I like the ebags ones. There are lots of different sets. Eagle Creek also makes excellant ones.

The Eagle Creek Spector series weighs the least, has the highest cost.

There are lots of threads on the Fashion and Beauty board.

Edited by SadieN

I love Ebags packing cubes. If I was going to buy one size I would buy medium, but I like small and medium the best. The large ones would be useful if you were packing things like jeans or sweaters. I have a few large, but mostly mediums and smalls. I also have a few long slim ones. I was able to pack for 2 weeks in a TLS Motherlode Weekender convertible by using cubes and rolling everything. It was so nice to be able to remove the cubes and set them in drawers. Beats having to peel a "bundle" apart and waste precious vacation time ;) These things weigh pretty much nothing either. We must have a couple dozen among our household.

Here is a link to the cubes that will also get you 15% off . You can search "ebags packing cubes" at this link to see the other sizes. You can also click "packing cubes" next to "back to results" They are on sale right now - plus you can get 15% off if you go through my link .

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/packing-cubes-3pc-set/13032?productid=10150075

Edited by Athankfulheart

Are you talking about space bags or something new? I can't vision them.....

Look at post #3. Tracey posted a link to follow and it'll show you what they are. They're not Space Bags and I don't feel that they really save space by using them. They do organize your clothes, etc. and make unpacking easier.

I use the small and medium mainly. One large. The best part is unpacking. Just placing the cubes in drawers or on shelves and everything stays neat and organized. Everything I pack (except shoes) is rolled and goes into a cube. Electronics, cords etc have their own little cube.

Look at post #3. Tracey posted a link to follow and it'll show you what they are. They're not Space Bags and I don't feel that they really save space by using them. They do organize your clothes, etc. and make unpacking easier.

If packed tightly, there is some compression but not like Space Bags.

I've got all sizes of the ebags and Eagle Creek cubes. They make my packing so much easier. I use one of the packing folders for better shirts/pants/sweaters. I use the Medium for rollable shirts and pants. I use the Small for rolling in undies, bras. One for my workout gear/bathing suit. I have a "tube" one for rolling socks. I have another small or medium one for electronics cabling (depends on whether or not I have to take my laptop). Having everything in compartments makes it easy to place in my luggage and then just put in drawers when I arrive at my locations. Any excess space left in the luggage is easy to find and fill with shoes. I also use one to put my change of clothes in to put in my daypack which I use as my carryon - with long flights and long connections or a change of temperature at arrival, it's nice to just grab that bag out and make a quick change.

My last purchases this Spring was a set of the EC Specter with the folder, and a couple of bags. And, a Specter toiletries kit to replace my old one. My toiletries and folder were from back in 2000, so they were due for replacement!

I say, don't knock it, till you try it. I'm going to try them on my upcoming cruise. No matter how much I tighten the straps to hold my clothes, they always end up in a big pile at bottom of suitcase. At least now when they do this, they will be in separate bags. I see it as an organization tool.

I also like I can put electronics and cords in one and put in carry on, and various other things I bring besides clothes in another.

From all the positive posts on the Fashion and Beauty thread, I thought why not give them a try.

Edited by crzndeb

Mostly medium. Small is nice for unmentionables, and I use a couple of big ones sometimes, such as for dresses I don't want to pack too tightly. But mediums do the heavy lifting. I usually pack them by category. One with swimwear, with with loungewear, one with everything I need for the gym including shoes, etc. I am a big fan.

I must admit I was unsure of how useful they would be but used them recently for a trip in July. I found small and medium worked best for me.

We usually do longer cruises with a pre and post cruise stay. I used them to pack for the days pre cruise and my underwear. Then when we got to the hotel I could just remove those without having to disturb my bundle packed cruise clothes. I felt a lot more organised. I will definitely use the same method again.

I just think they'd make packing and unpacking much easier, especially when you're the main packer and unpacker. They add no weight to your luggage unlike some old organizers I bought years ago. These were pouches that you could hang in the closet or bathroom and were helpful, but heavy and bulky.

I'm also looking at a new piece of lighter, check-in luggage. It's called IT. A 25/26 inch one is only supposed to weigh about 5 lbs.

I just think they'd make packing and unpacking much easier, especially when you're the main packer and unpacker. They add no weight to your luggage unlike some old organizers I bought years ago. These were pouches that you could hang in the closet or bathroom and were helpful, but heavy and bulky.

I'm also looking at a new piece of lighter, check-in luggage. It's called IT. A 25/26 inch one is only supposed to weigh about 5 lbs.

I have that IT check in bag and it is amazing! So light but very sturdy. Lots of outside pockets too. I just bought an IT tote for my laptop on Amazon. Great!

DD has a carryon IT two wheel and a 24" IT. They've flown LAX-FCO many times. Only issue with the check thru has been the scuffing from the airport. She's gotten hers at TJ Maxx.

I have that IT check in bag and it is amazing! So light but very sturdy. Lots of outside pockets too. I just bought an IT tote for my laptop on Amazon. Great!

I'm trying to decide between the 31" or 26". I understand that the wheels are included in the measurements and the bag isn't expandable. I'd go with the 31 inch if it's within the airlines limits.

I'm trying to decide between the 31" or 26". I understand that the wheels are included in the measurements and the bag isn't expandable. I'd go with the 31 inch if it's within the airlines limits.

Mine in 28" including the wheels. 17" wide so I guess that would technically make it a 26". It does not expand but is about 9" deep with two front pockets. It really holds a ton, especially when using the cubes.

I use two or three sizes plus a folder for husband's shirts. My favorite ones are lightweight nylon/mesh that I found on ebay. Think they were five or six for about fifteen dollars. New and have to buy whole set; several colors so easy to sort out family members' cubes. Also have picked up a few at places like TJMaxx or Ross but that's hit-or-miss shopping!

Mine in 28" including the wheels. 17" wide so I guess that would technically make it a 26". It does not expand but is about 9" deep with two front pockets. It really holds a ton, especially when using the cubes.

Thanks! That sounds like the one I'm looking at. IT Luggage has a few different kinds. This one comes in several colors: black, grey, pink, blue. I'd love to get something other then black, but our ds will be using it too, so pink wouldn't do. Plus, black won't show the dirt. I'll just have to dress it up to recognize it.