The World Series On Princess

spcl4cs_gal

I think it's likely any cruise with a bunch of North Americans aboard will have World Series games, probably on the MUTS screen. For our Oct. 10 California Coastal cruise, the pre-cruise email on entertainment says they'll be showing NFL games and MLB playoff games.

Jim

Last October sailing the Regal from NYC to Ft Lauderdale (via the Caribbean) they showed the WS but the location could vary. It was usually in Club 6 (an overcrowded venue) and sometimes on the cabin TV. Checking my Patters for games during our cruise (6 & 7) it only shows in Club 6 but neither were scheduled on MUTS due to a Sunday night NFL game (game 6) and a movie (game 7).

So it appears that it's shown when the ship is in an area & a time zone that is a good option. Where on the ship it is shown has varied as staff decides how the keep sports fans & movie viewers happy.

I think it's likely any cruise with a bunch of North Americans aboard will have World Series games, probably on the MUTS screen

This is usually the case; if not, the games will be in one club or other. In 2007 on Crown the final game was scheduled for a club and a forgettable movie for MUTS...there was a near-mutiny and they changed it to MUTS.

We were on a west coast cruise to Mexico last fall and watched the world series on MUTS. I was great at least if you were a Giants fan (we are). We saw the superbowl on the Island after traversing the canal on our way to FLL. They had set up a serving line outside on the lido deck with all kinds of finger food for the showing on MUTS. Some chose to watch it from the hot tubs or pool. The HC was right there as was the pizzeria and grill. We had a great time both times.

We were on a west coast cruise to Mexico last fall and watched the world series on MUTS. I was great at least if you were a Giants fan (we are). We saw the superbowl on the Island after traversing the canal on our way to FLL. They had set up a serving line outside on the lido deck with all kinds of finger food for the showing on MUTS. Some chose to watch it from the hot tubs or pool. The HC was right there as was the pizzeria and grill. We had a great time both times.

Oh my! To have it on MUTS would be fantastic. Games 1 and 2 are scheduled for the week we are away. :D

I was also on that cruise and thought it was one of the most exciting World Series I had ever watched and such a perfect setting. You don't have to be a Giants fan (I am) to have enjoyed that last game. And the post game excitement lasted throughout the evening.

They did last year on our SF-Mexico cruise. Because SF was the port city, there were lots of Giants fans on that cruise. We even chose to miss dinner a couple nights to watch the game on MUTS. It was a hella lot of fun!

WAIT A MINUTE there fellow SF Bay Arean: So you're saying you left on a cruise when the Giants were in the World Series?!? You blaspheme Sir! Just PLEASE don't do it next October (2016) because of course you KNOW, after winning the WORLD SERIES in 2010, 2012 and 2014 that next year will again, of course, be OUR year!

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

It will depend where in the world you are sailing.

In most of the world Baseball?? is a non-event.

My memory on this is shaky, but I think we had World Series games on the Coral when we did a full transit through the canal a couple of years ago. DH always finds the sporting events they show on the ship. (I don't. :))

My memory on this is shaky, but I think we had World Series games on the Coral when we did a full transit through the canal a couple of years ago. DH always finds the sporting events they show on the ship. (I don't. :))

In the Panama I would expect it to be shown.

There were a LOT of us "blasphemers" on that cruise as there was already standing room only in the MUTS' two deck areas. And it was during dinner time. :eek: And you know how people never want to miss dinner on their cruises. Even if I had a choice of being on a ship during a World Series with my home team or sitting in the bleachers I would chose the cruise. :p

WAIT A MINUTE there fellow SF Bay Arean: So you're saying you left on a cruise when the Giants were in the World Series?!? You blaspheme Sir! Just PLEASE don't do it next October (2016) because of course you KNOW, after winning the WORLD SERIES in 2010, 2012 and 2014 that next year will again, of course, be OUR year!

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Even if I had a choice of being on a ship during a World Series with my home team or sitting in the bleachers I would chose the cruise. :p

Not me.

I know we've (the Giants) had an embarrassment of riches lately, but one can take a cruise any of 365 days a year.... However, I saw Willie Mays hit many a homer at the 'Stick and was also there during the '89 (earthquake) World Series (which we lost), so waited more than 50 years for us to win one in my lifetime. I know how wonderful a cruise is, but I have to say, I'm a much different type of fan than you.

was also there during the '89 (earthquake) World Series (which we lost), so waited more than 50 years for us to win one in my lifetime. I know how wonderful a cruise is, but I have to say, I'm a much different type of fan than you.

Cruise vs. earthquake. Hmmm... Hard choice. LOL. :D

Hi All

Wish Princess would stop showing minority sports, we want world cup rugby.

yours Shogun

And the ironic thing is, Shogun, that Scotland will probably do better than England in the next few weeks, and you won't be able to watch it.