How do I stop PCCs from calling me?

redfantum

Every time I go to the ncl.com website, I get a phone call. I have asked them to stop, but I just get a different PCC calling. The last one told me there is no way to stop it, that since I gave them my information (of course I did, I've sailed with them 4 times) that they will call whenever I go to the site. I don't even sign in, so I guess they are going by my IP address. Is there somebody up the line I can email to get them to stop, or do I just have to give up looking at the site?

I believe if you go to your preferences and check "Travel Agent" under "Preferred Method of Booking" it will severely reduce or eliminate the calls. I believe that I saw that on here a while ago. I have that checked on mine and went from a call every time to maybe a call every now and then after I have been on the site. Also, if you don't log in each time, you can try clearing the NCL cookies on your browser, then the site wouldn't know who you were until the next time that you logged in.

Every time I go to the ncl.com website, I get a phone call. I have asked them to stop, but I just get a different PCC calling. The last one told me there is no way to stop it, that since I gave them my information (of course I did, I've sailed with them 4 times) that they will call whenever I go to the site. I don't even sign in, so I guess they are going by my IP address. Is there somebody up the line I can email to get them to stop, or do I just have to give up looking at the site?

Go in and edit your profile and remove your phone #.

Enter the web site in private browsing mode.

We are having the same exact problem lately! Every time I jump on-line quick to see if the Summer 2017 schedule is up I get a phone call the next day. I also got 4 letters in the mail with PCC business cards and magnets.

A PCC will not call you for visiting the website. However, phone reps will. Getting and working with a PCC will stop the phone calls.

You can also try looking at the site without being logged in as that is the only way that a phone rep can see your visit.

The other way to handle it is to tell them you are on the other line and ask them to "hold", then use the "end call" button as your "hold button". :eek:

A PCC will not call you for visiting the website.

Not true. Mine did. And he told me that he called because I visited the website. I said that I hadn't, even though I did without having logged in. I figured that I didn't owe him the truth, since NCL did not buy my computer for me. He insisted that I had visited the website. I said that maybe someone else used my computer to go to the website, but it wasn't me.

Luckily, he hasn't called me since then. If he should call me again, I plan to tell him that if he ever calls me again, I will ask NCL to assign me a new PCC and that he had better never call me again.

HMMMM...I have never ever been called by a PCC even when I asked for a call...what does this mean?

I have never been contacted by an NCL rep or PPC. I have often left my number asking to be called but they don't respond.. It seems like reverse psychology, if you don't want them to call they do and visa versa.

Edited by raining cats and dogs

HMMMM...I have never ever been called by a PCC even when I asked for a call...what does this mean?

I have never been contacted by an NCL rep or PPC. I have often left my number asking to be called but they don't respond.. It seems like reverse psychology, if you don't want them to call they do and visa versa.

I had this problem a couple years ago. I live overseas most of the year and my phone number on record is for my in-laws. Every time I visited the web site someone would call and then I would receive an email from my PCC stating they called and missed me. After asking the PCC to not call and only email me and it kept happening, I asked for a new PCC. I was then clear with the PCC about my situation and to only email or I would ask for another PCC. He has been great with honoring the request. Once he called the number and then quickly emailed an apology. The PCC works for you and should honor requests.

Whenever I've called the NCL booking dept. for any reason, I've gotten a slew of daily PCC calls for days/weeks after. The first time was before I'd ever even booked or sailed with NCL - I just called to ask a question and didn't give my name or phone number. The calls started the next day; I assume they used caller ID.

In retrospect, I wish I'd realized this wouldn't be the only shoddy treatment I'd get as a (potential) customer and had chosen another cruise line instead.

I visit the website many time a week either logged on to look at my bookings or to check prices or other things not logged on. Never get calls from anyone at NCL.

I think a lot of these responses of people getting many calls might be exaggerated in my opinion by the posters but I am not the one answering their phone to decide that.

Companies have your information once you give it to them, but you do have a right to not be bothered and ask to be put on a national do not call list or you can register it yourself. Companies have ways to go around this list but many will abide if you are in that list and don't want to be bothered anymore.