Does Soda and More Package include Milkshakes?

cruzhappy88

We will be on the star. We always purchase the soda and more package and in the past it has included milkshakes from Sundaes. I don't see milkshakes listed in the package at Princess.com. Does anyone know if these are still available with the package on the Star?

We will be on the star. We always purchase the soda and more package and in the past it has included milkshakes from Sundaes. I don't see milkshakes listed in the package at Princess.com. Does anyone know if these are still available with the package on the Star?

Yes, it includes milkshakes on Star from Sundaes....

Not only does the online description of the Soda and More package no longer include milkshakes, the description of the Ice Cream stand no longer mentions shakes available for purchase:

SOFT SERVE ON DECK

When you want to cool down, or just have a craving for something sweet, head on deck for complimentary soft serve chocolate or vanilla ice cream. You can also purchase sundaes with a variety of toppings from sprinkles and nuts to hot toppings, gummy bears, cookie crumbs and more.

Charges apply for select items.

...even though there was a recent review of one ship also claiming that sundaes were not available.

So hopefully someone will report from onboard if shakes are even offered for sale at all.

(As an aside, it also appears that the website has also removed the erroneous statements that the basic Soda Package includes Root Beer and/or Orange soda, which we all know are not gun sodas)

Edited by fishywood

All of the above and the fact that the basic (gun) soda package wasn't available for sale on-board for some cruises makes me wonder if Princess may be considering "combining" the soda and "soda+" packages so there's just one that includes all sodas (guns/cans) and virgin drinks. Maybe without the milkshakes they will lower the price to be somewhere between the two packages?

All of the above and the fact that the basic (gun) soda package wasn't available for sale on-board for some cruises makes me wonder if Princess may be considering "combining" the soda and "soda+" packages so there's just one that includes all sodas (guns/cans) and virgin drinks. Maybe without the milkshakes they will lower the price to be somewhere between the two packages?
Doubt you will ever see a reduction in price. Sounds like they might only offer one package at $7.00/day ($8.05/day with gravity) and no milkshakes.

Doubt you will ever see a reduction in price. Sounds like they might only offer one package at $7.00/day ($8.05/day with gravity) and no milkshakes.

Yes, I agree. Price decreases for this would be unlikely.

Just purchased the $8.05 per day package for one of us and the AIBP at $56.35 per day for the other. Interesting that one day of the AIBP is the cost of 7 days for the Ultimate Soda Package! :eek:

FWIW, I just called Princess since we are sailing on the Ruby and I was told that they do still serve milkshakes and it is included in the "soda and more" package. I'm happy because I think my kids would have stormed the parlor if they didn't have them anymore!

FWIW, I just called Princess since we are sailing on the Ruby and I was told that they do still serve milkshakes and it is included in the "soda and more" package. I'm happy because I think my kids would have stormed the parlor if they didn't have them anymore!

Hopefully you received accurate info however based on the Princess written info posted by 'fishywood' showing no shakes, I'm afraid that you talked to someone at Princess who was uninformed about this recent change. :(

I believe that the Choco Banana is actually a Mocktail. Only milkshake I have seen offered at the ice cream bar are chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

Yes I just ordered my first Choco Banana and you have to order it at the bar; although it is not made with the same homemade icecream as the Scoops malts are.

Both are good, but have different taste you have to try one of each to see what you enjoy. Last malt was on the Grand in Sept. and all I can say is can't wait to have more next summer.

Interestingly, the PDF order form for the soda and more package states "mocktails, juices, milkshakes, floats and complementary hot chocolate" while the description on the website now states only "mocktails, juices and complementary hot chocolate"

Contradictory info is becoming more common on Princess just like the updated Cruise Answer Book statement that "bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted".

I just had a thought...Maybe Princess DOES still offer milkshakes as part of the UKP, but since the Royal and Regal don't offer milkshakes, they took milkshakes off the official list. This prevents them from having to repeatedly let pax down when they're disappointed at not getting milkshakes on those 2 ships.

I just had a thought...Maybe Princess DOES still offer milkshakes as part of the UKP, but since the Royal and Regal don't offer milkshakes, they took milkshakes off the official list. This prevents them from having to repeatedly let pax down when they're disappointed at not getting milkshakes on those 2 ships.

Great thought-- let's hope that is true!!

I think the web site previously indicated which four ships did not have milkshakes available, so nobody should have been surprised.

In the summer of 2014, it was not listed on the website; I found out on CC, so I at least knew prior to our Regal cruise. There have been several threads since then of pax inquiring about milkshakes on the Royal and Regal. That's good Princess eventually added the info, but it wasn't there for a while.

Had this package last week on Emerald, so cannot speak to Star. Though the package must be fleetwide.. Enjoyed shakes, as well as hot chocolate and Chocobanana, Nojito, FruityRita, and Key West Cooler...

There are other beverages available - search through the CC-posted AIDP pdf ... [emoji5]️

Had this package last week on Emerald, so cannot speak to Star. Though the package must be fleetwide.. Enjoyed shakes, as well as hot chocolate and Chocobanana, Nojito, FruityRita, and Key West Cooler...

There are other beverages available - search through the CC-posted AIDP pdf ... [emoji5]️

Can you get ANY nonalcoholic foo foo drink or just ones on the menu? I like to order virgin mudslides and virgin Lava flows.