Pit Bull to be Godfather of Escape??

SuiteCruiser

Honestly, I don't care - Pitbull being the godfather doesn't really distract from the fact that Escape is awesome ship or make it any less than it is. And besides, if people are really that upset about that; then they should be really upset regarding the 80's party and 80-10's music playlist that they blast over the sound system since that's for the 'young' too. :rolleyes:

How many of us wouldn't know a thing about this, or even have a clue that such a thing as "Godfather/mother" of a ship even exists if we didn't read it here? *Raises hand*

That just shows me how insignificant this is.

YOU PESKY KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!

(j/k)

Pitbull has an appeal, but I watched his NYE special this year, it was actually rather boring and unimpressive. He has some fun songs, but "live" performance showed his lack of performance ability. Most of his "hits" are songs that feature other artists (Cristina, Chris Brown, NeYo, etc.), the studio is his best stage, live wasn't too entertaining.

I have no clue what Godfather means, but this one doesn't make the Escape any more appealing to me.

When I think of Miami and music I think of Miami Sound Machine, so why not have Gloria Estafan ....she's also involved in the community and pretty down to earth too.

Oh man, she was live on Neil Patrick Harris' show "Best Time Ever" last night. She sucked it up all over. She struggled to get the notes out. Time to retire, that one.

When I think of Miami and music I think of Miami Sound Machine, so why not have Gloria Estafan ....she's also involved in the community and pretty down to earth too.

She's one of like...6 Godmothers to the Oasis of the Seas.

As far as I can tell, Pitbull is the first godfather for a major cruise ship.

I hope this endorsement does bring a different demo of cruisers on board. Its very sad when the nightclub is empty at midnight with most cruisers in bed by 10pm. We still make it work and have fun but more people up later would be great and Pitbull may bring that.

Oh well, I don't have a clue a about Pitty...unless they interview him on NPR :D

Gloria Estefan was one of the seven(!) godmothers of Oasis of the Seas.

How many of us wouldn't know a thing about this, or even have a clue that such a thing as "Godfather/mother" of a ship even exists if we didn't read it here? *Raises hand*

That just shows me how insignificant this is.

Hehe, very true!

The symbolic value of a godmother is a negligible part..

Nothing to talk about folks? You all must be as bored as I have been the last couple of days.

Not me, going to busy - Got year end crush til Thanksgiving week.[emoji19] Plus, getting ready for 12 day trip at end of November, so double the fun for me, in a good way.[emoji4]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I hope this endorsement does bring a different demo of cruisers on board. Its very sad when the nightclub is empty at midnight with most cruisers in bed by 10pm. We still make it work and have fun but more people up later would be great and Pitbull may bring that.

Try one of the Sixthman cruises. Music on The Rock Boat usually ends around 2am. On the last night, it ends when the last person goes to bed. One year I got an hour nap in between docking back in Miami and getting up to leave the ship.

When were they last popular? 20-30 years ago?

I understand that Pitbull isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's a smart marketing decision on the part of NCL. I'm pushing 40 and I like dancing to his music.

Never thought I would feel old and irrelevant at 42. I saw this announcement and had to ask "who or what is Pitbull". That being said, I am a middle aged attorney from Canada, whose most recent exposure to rap was Run DMC's version of Walk This Way.

Let's be honest - there are any number of hosts from NPR who would be much, much more relevant to me and my listening preferences. :cool: (yes, yes I am supercool!)

Seriously though, now that my daughter is a tween, I guess I need to turn off the talk radio and start listening to music again, just so I have some idea of the crappy music that the kids listen to today, and can then complain about how much better it was in "my day" - U2, Aerosmith, Genesis...

Edited by Maddysdaddy

You know what they say - Age is just a number. Can be old at 35 by not knowing who Pitbull nor liking current dance club music and young at 60 for knowing who he is and dancing to him at 2am at the club, lol. [emoji23]

You know what they say - Age is just a number. Can be old at 35 by not knowing who Pitbull nor liking current dance club music and young at 60 for knowing who he is and dancing to him at 2am at the club, lol. [emoji23]

Well said.

For the record I too am very happy with NCL's decision on this one. I'm not a "Pitbull" fan per se, but I do like his music and the entertainment and energy he brings to the table.

Best part is like some other posters already pointed out, I've been on 24+ cruises and don't remember one godmother, but I will surely remember the Escape's Godfather:D