Okay, now I'm starting to get irritated.

ldlewis45

To be fair to the OP he/she has a point.

If you call and leave a message, you should follow that up with another call and then wait for a return call.

Calling a leaving repeated messages is bad business.

No return call means no interested in what you are selling...

I had the same issue with NCL...went on web site and then the calls began...I told the employee that I did not need any assistance but he continued to contact me...I finally called customer service and complained...told them they are about to loose a customer as I don't want to be constantly bothered by sales calls...calls continued...finally wrote a letter to NCL and they have finally removed me from the list!

Apparently, NCL has assigned my account to a new personal cruise consultant, and he's VERY eager to sell me a cruise. Dude's called me 5 times in the last 4 days, leaving me the exact same message each time (I haven't visited the site in a few days, either). I wonder if he realizes that he's basically ensuring that I will NEVER call him to book a cruise?

PCC's are in the same category as used car salesmen. They get paid when they sell and they will say just about anything to make the sale. Go into your account and change your phone number to something fake. Problem solved.

Lol, I've got my Carnival PCC's number blocked. I still have to clear out her messages, though. I wish there was a way to block the number entirely, so that I didn't even have to do that. If I want to talk to them, I will call them.

We have an Ooma VOIP phone and we can block a number so to the caller ti appears to ring and ring. It's a nice feature!

I agree with OP. He should not have to fend off someone's marketing attempts.

We shouldn't get spam. But we do. So we install spam filters.

We shouldn't get junk mail. But we do. So we pick it up and throw it away every 3 days.

We shouldn't be bombarded with television advertisements. But we are. So we DVR and fast forward through the commercials.

We shouldn't have to use our data allotments to display advertisements on web pages. But they are there. So we install ad block software.

We shouldn't be bothered by telemarketers during dinner. But we are. So we have the National Do Not Call List.

We shouldn't be pestered by cruise line PCCs. But we are. So we call them and ask them not to call.

Should I continue?

Edited by triptolemus

Federal law prohibits them from continuing to call you after you tell them to stop and enables you to sue them. Document that you have asked them to quit calling, then write an email to NCL and include this link: http://nypost.com/2015/07/08/twc-to-payout-229k-for-robo-calling-woman-over-100-times/

You can buy a lot of cruises for $229,000!

Oh please!!! Once you give them your number, call into there CR. In this case NCL. Then every subsequent visit back to the sight can trigger you to be put onto a call rotation.

I'm sure there is fine print that covers there butt. It's not cold calling if you give them the info to call you. And from my personal experience the only repeated calls we get is for an extended car warranty. Can't block the call because it always comes from another number. All others, I simply request not to call or if it's a robocall there is almost always a prompt to remove yourself from the list.

And lastly, this nonsense about TWC paying $229k is a totally different situation. This women was getting calls in error buy a faulty computer program. She was getting NOT sales calls, but rather calls about other TWC customers who's accounts were past due. Somehow she was getting several of these calls in error.

Never get calls in the UK from NCL.

Unfortunately call sales centres are KPI driven and they will be measured daily on call rates, talk time etc. If they don't reach the goal they are likely to be fired.

Until the system has been marked that he/she has spoken to you the calls will continue. Just be asked to be taken off the call list.

I am very confused, I go on NCLs web site sometimes daily (I know I have a bit of OCD) and never have I or my wife gotten a call. Yes most times I log in, not sure if it is a good or bad thing. :lol I'll call it good for now.:D

All you need to do is ask them to take you off their calling list. I've done it myself. It will take you about a minute. Much ado about nothing.

It's not that simple. I've done that. Then, a couple months later, another person called saying they were my PCC. Again, I asked to be removed. Then, a couple months later, another person called saying they were my PCC. This has been going on for years and I find it especially annoying because NCL is at the bottom of my cruise line favorites.

We shouldn't get spam. But we do. So we install spam filters.

We shouldn't get junk mail. But we do. So we pick it up and throw it away every 3 days.

We shouldn't be bombarded with television advertisements. But we are. So we DVR and fast forward through the commercials.

We shouldn't have to use our data allotments to display advertisements on web pages. But they are there. So we install ad block software.

We shouldn't be bothered by telemarketers during dinner. But we are. So we have the National Do Not Call List.

We shouldn't be pestered by cruise line PCCs. But we are. So we call them and ask them not to call.

Should I continue?

excellent post and good points. None of us like some of what we sometimes think of as harrassment, but we live with it or do something about it. If someone is getting all these calls and hasn't bothered to call and request thier name be removed what do they expect?

Edited by newmexicoNita

Have you asked them not to call you any more?

Clearly by reading the other threads on this subject, that doesn't work either.

I find it ironic that NCL who has a big problem with their lack of communication on important changes is irritating so many people with over communication of things they do not want or need to know.

I find it ironic that NCL who has a big problem with their lack of communication on important changes is irritating so many people with over communication of things they do not want or need to know.

Worked for me.

Just a few people claim that they are having a "big problem" and you want to bring up lack of communication. It's not a lack of communication if a person signs up or initiates business with a company and then get a call from them. So if NCL didn't call them when they asked would people complain about that? Yes they would.

How about the people that solved the problem by calling them to stop? I think that's what is at issue with this thread. Not a lack of communication and putting a blame on NCL.

If NCL or a company didn't stop after you told them to then yes that's harassment and can be handled through proper channels. But if you tell them to stop then go on the NCL site and log in you are in essence telling them you are interested in something , so I am not sure the legality of that but I think they would have the right to call you again.

Just a few people claim that they are having a "big problem" and you want to bring up lack of communication. It's not a lack of communication if a person signs up or initiates business with a company and then get a call from them. So if NCL didn't call them when they asked would people complain about that? Yes they would.

How about the people that solved the problem by calling them to stop? I think that's what is at issue with this thread. Not a lack of communication and putting a blame on NCL.

If NCL or a company didn't stop after you told them to then yes that's harassment and can be handled through proper channels. But if you tell them to stop then go on the NCL site and log in you are in essence telling them you are interested in something , so I am not sure the legality of that but I think they would have the right to call you again.

So there! NCL can do NO WRONG EVER. So just suck it up and stop complaining. Even if you don't "log in", even if they call you DAILY, even if you repeatedly tell them to stop and they just keep calling. NCL has every right to sit a PCC on your doorstep 24/7 "for your convenience". You are wrong, NCL is right. That is just the way it is.

And I am out because Cruise Critic at least on the NCL boards is nothing of the sort.

Do you think he has any idea he has called you 5 times in 4 days?

He sits down at a desk in the morning in front of a computer screen and starts calling the first name on the list, at the end of the day he goes home and starts the process all over again the next day.

instead of having a hissie fit , just call and ask to be taken off the list, if the calls continue then maybe get angry .

Not true. I've worked in sales. Nobody "has no idea who they called the day before" if they are any kind of a sales person with a reputable company.

The OP definitely has a legitimate complaint. NCL needs to know this is not ok and needs to train their PCCs about this issue. But I do agree the OP needs to pick up the phone and say "take me off your call list."

Not true. I've worked in sales. Nobody "has no idea who they called the day before" if they are any kind of a sales person with a reputable company.

The OP definitely has a legitimate complaint. NCL needs to know this is not ok and needs to train their PCCs about this issue. But I do agree the OP needs to pick up the phone and say "take me off your call list."

I agree with this. It is not ok if they keep getting repeated calls when told not to and they need to pick up the phone to have it stopped if it is becoming a common occurrence. They don't know unless you tell them.

Apparently, NCL has assigned my account to a new personal cruise consultant, and he's VERY eager to sell me a cruise. Dude's called me 5 times in the last 4 days, leaving me the exact same message each time (I haven't visited the site in a few days, either). I wonder if he realizes that he's basically ensuring that I will NEVER call him to book a cruise?

A new consultant got my account also and I have gotten tons of calls. I always tell her I am not interested, I already have one booked and will not be booking another after but she Keeps calling. It is really pissing me off and I'm a gonna get really rude soon I just know it.

A new consultant got my account also and I have gotten tons of calls. I always tell her I am not interested, I already have one booked and will not be booking another after but she Keeps calling. It is really pissing me off and I'm a gonna get really rude soon I just know it.
Why not just say "please stop calling me, I'll call you when I find something I'm interested in" or "I'm really to busy to take all your phone calls, would you please only communicate with my via email". Or, if you know the PCC name, just email them and ask them not to call you.

I told my PCC that I didn't want to receive any phone calls and to only communicate with me via email and that is all I get is emails, no calls.

Clearly you didn't understand my post. I said the NCL has a big problem with communicating their changes, and 99% of the people here, even cheerleaders agree with this.

I said it's ironic that they cannot communicate when it's important, and yet they find a way to overcommunicate what is not.

I told my PCC that I didn't want to receive any phone calls and to only communicate with me via email and that is all I get is emails, no calls.

This has been our experience too, with several PCCs. They call to guage your interest, and we tell them to stop calling, and email us. They have always, always done so.

But you have to tell them to stop. Those are the magic words. Not "I have a cruise booked and I'll call you when I'm ready." You haven't used the magic words. Say "Listen, please don't call me. Can you put that in the record? I don't want you to call but feel free to email me any specials you come across".

You have to tell them, specifically, to not call you to get the protections of the FTC applied to them. They are US based so those laws apply.

Happened to me a few times on another cruise line. Last one was a doozy and being nice DID NOT work. The PCC told me he had to call me even after I asked to be taken off his list. So asking to be taken off the list doesnt always work either. It wasnt until I went crazy *beep* on him weeks later did he get it. Sad I had to get rude before he would stop. To seal the deal, I sent an email to customer service detailing the ordeal and I was practically (happily) erased from the database at that point.