American Express cardholders, check your AMEX offers - 125 back on 500 with Celebrity

JasonV1

Celebrity.com is not the same as Celebrity cruises and therein lies the confusion. The part of the "terms" offer that reads "at celebritycruises.com" may suggest that other venues (ie. not celebrity.com) wouldn't be available for the offer.

Evidently though this is not the case and my interpretation is full of beans.

Actually, they are exactly the same. Both domains resolve to 12.45.86.30. Celebrity.com rewrites to celebritycruises.com. (Check the HTTP headers.)

The minute your browser tries to contact celebrity.com, you're hitting the celebritycruises.com server. The server doesn't know, nor does it care.

I am amazed at how fast the credit went on. I made a $500 dollar final payment on the 14th to my AMEX and the rest on my BOA Celebrity Visa because I wanted the points. I have text alerts set up with my card on AMEX and it said that I had qualified for the credit. I figured it would take at least two cycles for the credit to appear on our bill.....not so with this one. I just got an email saying that it was credited to this bill. Very surprised and happy....fastest that I've ever received a credit from them!

Does anyone know if I can pre-purchase shore excursions (easy to spend over $500 with a family of four) and/or other goods & still get the credit? I added the offer to my card last week.

For anyone who has the same question I had...the answer is...YES! I just booked my excursions online and immediately received a message from AMEX to look out for my $125 credit! [emoji13]

I have a Canadian Air Miles Gold Amex card and I signed up for online account yesterday to try and see if this promotion is offered but I can't figure out where to look for promotions. I called Amex for assistance and talked to a rep for 10 minutes but she seemed to have no idea what I was asking and kept answering questions I wasn't asking. Can someone please explain where I would look for my offers? Thanks so much

They are at the bottom of the summary page for me (right when I log in), just make he scrolls through them all using the show more button.

Most will probably be worthless, but you'd be surprised.

I have a Canadian Air Miles Gold Amex card and I signed up for online account yesterday to try and see if this promotion is offered but I can't figure out where to look for promotions. I called Amex for assistance and talked to a rep for 10 minutes but she seemed to have no idea what I was asking and kept answering questions I wasn't asking. Can someone please explain where I would look for my offers? Thanks so much

Post #10 on this thread.

When I sign into my Canadian Amex account there is absolutely nothing at the bottom of my account summary page and when I called customer service they were confused too. I was wondering if the Canadian site was different or if there is a different page other than account summary that was mentioned

When I sign into my Canadian Amex account there is absolutely nothing at the bottom of my account summary page and when I called customer service they were confused too. I was wondering if the Canadian site was different or if there is a different page other than account summary that was mentioned

Not all Amexes have these offers. Do you make your payment to American Express or another entity? My wife has a Dillards card that is an Amex, but it doesn't have the offers like our 3 Delta Amex cards. Payments on it are made to Dillards, not Amex. We make the payment to American Express on our Delta cards. Of course none of our three Deltas have this specific offer either:mad:

Thanks, Jason, for the info. I just made a pmt. to Celebrity using my Platinum card tied to this offer; and before I got my confirmation email from X, Amex had sent me an email telling me to watch for the credit! I never would have known about this if it weren't for this board. Thanks, everyone for the info you share.

This was not on the offers for either of my two AmEx cards.

Today I got an email that I had new offers.

Went and looked, but still not this offer.

However, there was a new offer for Embassy Suites, which I know a lot of people like for Ft Lauderdale.

Just thought I would share.

Embassy Suites by Hilton

Spend $250 or more, get $50 back

Expires:

12/21/2015

Details

Get a 1X $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $250+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Embassy Suites by Hilton™ from 10/19/15-12/21/15. Book direct with Embassy Suites. Brand exclusions apply.

Terms

Offer only valid at Embassy Suites by Hilton in the US & US Territories. Excludes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio - A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Reservations must be made online at embassysuites.hilton.com, via the HHonors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. Excludes gift card purchases. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/21/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BWXS:0001

Had this on the Hilton Amex not bad if you need to get tickets to Europe

Virgin Atlantic Airways

Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back Select to View Detailsof Offer from Virgin Atlantic Airways

Expires

12/31/2015

Keep in mind you can still get this offer if you call and speak with your AMEX rep as well....we did not find the offer with any of our AMEX cards so my hubby called and spoke with a rep and he said since we were excellent customers he would add the offer to our card. And Voila! it was applied within 3 days.! In fact it was credited before we even charged the $500 to our upcoming Alaska Solstice cruise.

So take the time to call and ask nicely!:D

Edited by BecciBoo

Keep in mind you can still get this offer if you call and speak with your AMEX rep as well....we did not find the offer with any of our AMEX cards so my hubby called and spoke with a rep and he said since we were excellent customers he would add the offer to our card. And Voila! it was applied within 3 days.! In fact it was credited before we even charged the $500 to our upcoming Alaska Solstice cruise.

So take the time to call and ask nicely!:D

Took some time and called, but I guess our pidly charges and age of our Costco Amex didn't get the same attention as yours and it was not added. Agent said though these offers are rolled out in batches on groups of cards so there is still hope, though only a smidgen.

With the amount of money I charge on my AMX card with Celebrity, it is truly disappointing I cannot receive this promo. I do have the embassy suites, not staying there though, and I did call, and was told absolutely not it was not an offer I could have.

I suppose the key is to have multiple ones. We checked them and nothing there either.

Maybe next time. And good for those who received it.

With the amount of money I charge on my AMX card with Celebrity, it is truly disappointing I cannot receive this promo. I do have the embassy suites, not staying there though, and I did call, and was told absolutely not it was not an offer I could have.

I suppose the key is to have multiple ones. We checked them and nothing there either.

Maybe next time. And good for those who received it.

Sherry

we had the same result and felt the same way. :(

I tried calling and so did my husband as some of our multiple Amex accounts are separate. :(

No luck! :(

EDIT: I just tried again (just in case)

There are new offers but not the two (Princess and Celebrity) that I want.

Edited by chamima

Sherry

we had the same result and felt the same way. :(

I tried calling and so did my husband as some of our multiple Amex accounts are separate. :(

No luck! :(

I guess we are in the same boat. :eek:

$125 is rather small considering how much I spent this year, but frustrating none the less.

I probably need to reevaluate all my cards and which ones work best for travel.

I also called since the offer has not appeared in any of our cards. The rep told me that the merchant needs to make the offer available to my card and that they can't manually add it. I explain how some people got the offer after calling and she said (this was a supervisor since it was an escalated question) that it could had just been coincidence as the offer is been roll out in phases by the merchant. Unfortunately, it is out of their hands to add it to the cards.

It leaves me wondering how others got it "applied" to their card. We have had our amex for a long time and it is the card we use for everything. While it makes sense to make the offer available to those who do not use the card often for celebrity purchases, I am not sure that is the case.

Oh well, at least I try. I will keep checking but I have a cruise on hold that I need to put deposit down for in the next days and it will be nice to get an extra off.

I spoke to two reps. The first one made it clear it was all easy and it was just a matter of wanting it. But after we coundln't find it online she transferred me. The second rep said absolutely not, it was impossible, no one can add it and it was impossible to do so. Then (maybe I was imagining it) it seemed he sneered at me and said spending levels must be at certain levels to get it. (It was sort of a strange tone he added for sure.)

It makes no sense as we charge a lot on this card, unless no spending is what gets it. But then the Amx card we don't use didn't have it either.

The process of getting it applied is certainly not universal.

For those who have Costco Amex, just a heads up. As posted by someone previously here the Costco Amex goes bye bye in March 2016. But Amex wants to keep the Costco Amex customers and has offers on some of their other cards if you sign up for another card. I found this out from having to call Amex to discuss a disputed charge on my Costco Amex. They offered to sign me up for a new Amex Blue Card, which accumulates various cash back rebates, increased my credit limit to 3 times that of my Costco card - and wait for it - the real clincher was that they will post a $200 credit to my account if I spend $1000 in the first 3 months after card activation. Easy Peasy way to knock $200 off my next cruise, soon to be booked, with anyone. Did not have to cancel the Costco Card either. So, maybe you Costco Amex groupies might want to give a call to Amex and see what they will offer. BTW, Amex is now being accepted at Sam's Club.

For those who have Costco Amex, just a heads up. As posted by someone previously here the Costco Amex goes bye bye in March 2016. But Amex wants to keep the Costco Amex customers and has offers on some of their other cards if you sign up for another card. I found this out from having to call Amex to discuss a disputed charge on my Costco Amex. They offered to sign me up for a new Amex Blue Card, which accumulates various cash back rebates, increased my credit limit to 3 times that of my Costco card - and wait for it - the real clincher was that they will post a $200 credit to my account if I spend $1000 in the first 3 months after card activation. Easy Peasy way to knock $200 off my next cruise, soon to be booked, with anyone. Did not have to cancel the Costco Card either. So, maybe you Costco Amex groupies might want to give a call to Amex and see what they will offer. BTW, Amex is now being accepted at Sam's Club.

Hmm... that is a nice and quick way to get $200! I have gotten some marketing stuff in the mail about the Blue card but have not done anything since there was no incentive to sign up. My current Amex gives me great benefits for what we use but if they offer me $200, I would not mind splitting the usage between my go to card and the blue one. Maybe I will wait until I get more incentive to switch.