Amex Offers $200 off $1000 in Princess cruise reservation

iceberg1116

I called Am Ex and got nothing. Said it was certain targets that maybe don't travel as much as I do. It would have been nice to save $200 dollars and pay off my next cruise. They raised my credit limit while on the phone so that was a plus I quess. She said there will be another one in January. But seeing I'm getting ready to book a Mediterranean cruise this next week, I suppose I won't be offered it then either.

I didn't call them - not sure if it made a difference just using the chat box on the web site? I told her that I had the Celebrity offer but not the Princess one, and could she get that for me, and she did. Maybe I just got a very helpful person - her name was Sally if that helps any!

It's not an OBC but a $200 credit back to AMEX on your $1000 payment to Princess. I'm hoping they do it again sometime before next Sept! I didn't know about what you mentioned. Is that if you book thru AMEX to Princess to originally book cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This must be different then the normal OBC's for booking with Princess thru AMEX. We always get $300 OBC, specialty dinners and canapes with a suite. I believe the mini's get $200 and other cabins get $100.

Yes, it is different because you could book with any TA or even direct with Princess.

Caribell, it's just a Delta AMEX. Nothing fancy. Maybe I lucked out with the online chat person idk. There were 62 different "benefit" offers and celebrity was one of them so I thought I'd just ask thru the online chat about the Princess one.

Caribell, it's just a Delta AMEX. Nothing fancy. Maybe I lucked out with the online chat person idk. There were 62 different "benefit" offers and celebrity was one of them so I thought I'd just ask thru the online chat about the Princess one.

Not on my Delta AMEX. Need to check my spouse's.

Maybe I lucked out with the online chat person idk. There were 62 different "benefit" offers and celebrity was one of them so I thought I'd just ask thru the online chat about the Princess one.

"Chat" did not work for me. I was told:

"Our marketing team put the offer randomly on every eligible account"

"The offers are based on past spending with the merchant." (I find this to be suspect as most of the offers associated with my AMEX cards are with merchants I have never done business with.)

It's not an OBC but a $200 credit back to AMEX on your $1000 payment to Princess. I'm hoping they do it again sometime before next Sept! I didn't know about what you mentioned. Is that if you book thru AMEX to Princess to originally book cruise?

I use a TA.

I am curious as to what if I were to book a cruise that is over a $1000. Then there is a price reduction before final payment and the cost is below the $1000. Would /could princess credit back in OBC so as not to disturb the Amex deal?

I have a $200 deposit for a cruise next Oct.-- Already paid final balance on upcoming partial Panama Canal cruise--- So I looked into Am Express on line and found that offer for my old blue cash card- had since upgraded to the Preferred one- hadn't used that card in almost a year. It never would have occurred to me to look at that card for offers---as it turned out none of the other AmEx cards had that offer. If it weren't for the original postal and the poster who said it appeared on the regular blue cash card..... Thanks for saving me $200 on my next cruise. This board is great! Anita

I tried with a "Chat" with Kristi. No luck. Said it is targeted to specific customers and agents have no control or mechanism to add offers. I had 21 offers on one card and 62 with another with no Celebrity or Princess offers. The chat agent suggested syncing my card with Facebook, which I did and got 60+ offers but still nothing.

and is showed the $200 immediately deducted and charge for just $800---

On all the Am Ex cards we use- there was no Celebrity offer, just the Princess one on a card I hadn't used in about a year. So again, thanks to the origional poster who mentioned this Am Ex offer.

The $1000 charge can be for any Princess charge. We have a cruise booked for May 2016 and it is way before final payment, but we called up and asked to charge $1000 against the balance and got the credit on the same day, so the net charge was only $800.

It does pay to check all of your logins and cards. We have a joint gold Amex account and I didn't have the Princess offer on my card, but DW did on hers.

Dw and I checked all three AmEx cards we have and no joy. I tried a couple of chat sessions to see if I could get the offer. Both basically said it was an offer from Princess based on whatever criteria they used. AmEx had nothing to do with determining who got the offer. Sigh.