Cream/Lotion on Emerald

beachlvn

I apologize if this was discussed already. I tried to do a search but didn't come up with anything.

I understand EMERALD now has the shampoos & conditioners in auto dispensers in the shower (UGH) but what about the cream/lotion that was always in the cabins? I love, love, love them. It was a eucaplyptus spa lotion. I need to know cause I hate to have to bring anything extra that I don't need to. Thanks in advance!

I guess it's fleet-wide, we were on Grand last month, 2 bottles in the shower: shampoo and soap; bar soap and lotion in a small tube on the sink. Don't remember the brand, but no eucalyptus, something cheaper. Still useful if you don't want to carry liquids on the plane, but not as enjoyable.

We were on the Regal last week and the Royal last year, and both times it was a tube of the Lotus Spa lotion but it has very little scent - no more eucalyptus lotion - I feel the same way! I keep an old bottle around just to sniff at home when I'm feeling cruise-homesick!

• 3 weeks later...
I apologize if this was discussed already. I tried to do a search but didn't come up with anything.

I understand EMERALD now has the shampoos & conditioners in auto dispensers in the shower (UGH) but what about the cream/lotion that was always in the cabins? I love, love, love them. It was a eucaplyptus spa lotion. I need to know cause I hate to have to bring anything extra that I don't need to. Thanks in advance!

On the Royal Princess in Jan. 2015.

This is what I got (Lotus spa lotion 2 Fl. Oz. Created exclusively for: Princess Cruises)

Tony

On the Royal Princess in Jan. 2015.

This is what I got (Lotus spa lotion 2 Fl. Oz. Created exclusively for: Princess Cruises)

Tony

I just got off the Regal last Sunday and the above is an accurate description of the lotion. I found it very nice and highly effective. If you need more, just ask.

As for the liquid soap and shampoo/conditioner, I hate them. I either use the bar soap, which is nice, or bring a bar or bottle of soap. The shampoo/conditioner really stripped the color in my hair. I can't believe that I forgot mine.

Maureen

Have not had opportunity to try the new lotion, but sure loved the eucalyptus scented lotion. As for the stuff in the shower, I think Princess was very clever to do that. I am sure it saves them a ton of money. I would never touch it, would bring my own, which I am sure many do.

You are correct the stuff in the shower is TERRIBLE. :eek:

I find the body wash in the shower is pretty watered down. It seems to require umpteen squirts onto my washcloth to be able to make any lather.

I have congenitally very dry skin and don't get much lasting moisturizing effect from the lotion now provided. The good old eucalyptus lotion was thick and creamy, and worked well for me, and I miss it and it's pleasant clean scent.

I find the body wash in the shower is pretty watered down. It seems to require umpteen squirts onto my washcloth to be able to make any lather.

I never use it. I just ask the cabin steward for additional soap bars to use in the shower.

Have not had opportunity to try the new lotion, but sure loved the eucalyptus scented lotion. As for the stuff in the shower, I think Princess was very clever to do that. I am sure it saves them a ton of money. I would never touch it, would bring my own, which I am sure many do.

Good point! :D I really miss the eucalyptus stuff. It smelled like "vacation" to me. :) One thing the shower gel is good for is washing out socks. Works like a champ. :p

Good point! :D I really miss the eucalyptus stuff. It smelled like "vacation" to me. :) One thing the shower gel is good for is washing out socks. Works like a champ. :p

Same with me too!!! I sure miss the eucalyptus scented items.

Maybe Princess will read this & realize how many people miss the eucalyptus line & bring it back, even if we have to pay extra for it. Why couldn't we buy it in the Lotus Spa???

• 1 month later...

THe shampoo/conditioner combo in the shower was....suboptimal. Will bring our own next time.

The body wash was...just OK at best. As above, needed to use quite a bit to get the effect I'm used to. I gave up and went with the soap.

The lotion was fine--pleasant consistency, unscented. Nothing to write home about but totally acceptable.