Majesty of the Seas

Redsfan

We are thinking of doing a short 3 nighter on Majesty for mid-December and wondering thoughts on how the ship is holding up, etc? We would be taking 2 inside cabins likely for our family of 5 and curious if she is really showing her age, and how the food/entertainment has been. Granted this is a short cruise.

Thanks

We had a $400 credit from our Freedom of the Seas nightmare last year and put it towards this cruise so it is only running us $1,300 and change U.S. for the 3 day Bahamas cruise.

Can't be that bad for the money, and we spend time down at our family condo in Ft.Lauderdale. Have to read some reviews, and am I right the pool is heated?

We had a $400 credit from our Freedom of the Seas nightmare last year and put it towards this cruise so it is only running us $1,300 and change U.S. for the 3 day Bahamas cruise.

Can't be that bad for the money, and we spend time down at our family condo in Ft.Lauderdale. Have to read some reviews, and am I right the pool is heated?

I don't believe that pools (other than hot tubs) are heated on Majesty.

We love Majesty, will be on her for the 30th time over Thanksgiving weekend. Great ship for a weekend getaway. Yes, she is older and not so many bells/whistles, but we don't care. It is just a way to go away for the weekend.

It's just that there are so many better choices. ;)

We are on Brilliance for Thanksgiving

I don't believe that pools (other than hot tubs) are heated on Majesty.

so I see that is the case...was looking on ************* and they have it listed as heated...no big deal though, my kid's are fearless

We sailed on her for the first time last week and found it to be in pretty good shape. Minor wear and tear but nothing that I would ever complain about. We thought the food in the MDR was excellent but the Windjammer was only so so. The pools were not heated but since we were in nice warm weather, it was the same temp as the sea. Kids will never notice the difference. :cool:

We were on her a few weeks ago and I thought she was in great shape. The food in the MDR was good and the bar staff in Schooner were fabulous. We didn't do any shows but found the guitar and piano players in Schooner to be good. Enjoy your cruise.

think we are going to give this a shot anyhow...with 3 kid's space won't be that bad I don't think and it's a short stay...

More importantly, what is a Red's fan doing in Toronto? At least the Jays made the playoffs!

We were on her a few weeks ago and I thought she was in great shape. The food in the MDR was good and the bar staff in Schooner were fabulous. We didn't do any shows but found the guitar and piano players in Schooner to be good. Enjoy your cruise.

thanks, looking forward to the entire break from reality!

More importantly, what is a Red's fan doing in Toronto? At least the Jays made the playoffs!

ha, good question! Quietly rooting for the Jays, and took my 8 year old to a game a little while ago to give her a taste of a winning team. Grew up not really following our Toronto teams, not sure why...well except for the Leafs, pretty sure why I have never followed them.