2018 Itineraries - Now Available (10/28/15) & World Cruise ?

Andy

Ellbon, the first segment sails from Singapore via all the usual stops in Indonesia to Broome, Australia (overnight), then Exmouth, Geraldton and an overnight in Perth at the end. The second segment sails from Perth to Albany, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Sydney (3 days, 31 December to 2 January), Hobart/Tasmania and finally Melbourne. In other words, you get from Singapore to Sydney via the south side of Australia and then backtrack to Melbourne. This seems to be the only truly new piece in the 2018 itineraries.

The two yearly segments from Singapore to Europe in April include the best of the best this year, including a double overnight in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Mumbai, Dubai, Aqaba (for Petra), Luxor, Israel and others.

Floris

Thank you Floris. Seems this winter i will see most of AU minus Perth and Albany. do land there after cruise. but it is still a good cruise. seeing KI this winter and the Blue mts after cruising.. 3 days Sydney is great unless wrong docking again. I have been to Myanmar and Sri Lanka and Mumbai.. all port i do not want to see again.. Petra and Luxor would be nice.. as always i am trouble winter cruises vs summer.

i feel like others we need to go back to S America -both sides. wonder why oi were able to pull them and i have not.. really did not try. thanks again

i feel like others we need to go back to S America -both sides. wonder why oi were able to pull them and i have not.. really did not try. thanks again

I'm going to South America this winter on Seabourn. I agree that Azamara should go back there. I was especially hoping for a sailing up and down the Amazon river and a Rio de Janeiro Carnival cruise, but alas.

The full 2018 itineraries are posted on the website. Some dates are already missing....one in particular I was looking for.

Bonnie...is the Sept 10 - London to Lisbon 11 night itinerary being offered as was listed on the initial announcement or has this been chartered?

Thanks.

Edited by JVNYC

The full 2018 itineraries are posted on the website. Some dates are already missing....one in particular I was looking for.

Bonnie...is the Sept 10 - London to Lisbon 11 night itinerary being offered as was listed on the initial announcement or has this been chartered?

Thanks.

I have not been informed of charters for 2018.

I have not been informed of charters for 2018.

You are quick! Thanks. I don't see it listed on the website and all others have been listed. It's funny b/c this is the one itinerary I was waiting to see. Any info if it's forthcoming? Thanks Bonnie!

All the itineraries look pretty ho-hum, honestly. I was hoping for some new ports, but it seems to be all the usual suspects. A couple of itineraries might work for us, but we'll wait to see what the other cruise lines end up doing for 2018 (Crystal's 2017 offerings are much more innovative than Azamara's, for instance, but we prefer the AZ ships). I do like the addition of the Kiel Canal transit and docking at London's Tower Bridge, but other than that nothing new stands out.

Michael

All the itineraries look pretty ho-hum, honestly. I was hoping for some new ports, but it seems to be all the usual suspects. A couple of itineraries might work for us, but we'll wait to see what the other cruise lines end up doing for 2018 (Crystal's 2017 offerings are much more innovative than Azamara's, for instance, but we prefer the AZ ships). I do like the addition of the Kiel Canal transit and docking at London's Tower Bridge, but other than that nothing new stands out.

Michael

i got the list bit not seeing where to click for ports. though the NYE in Au was nice.. but sydney 3 years running??? thought you were on Soltice?

Still a lot of options for us.

I can understand why Sydney - it's their growth market

People were wanting Caribbean and its there

The challenge is all our wants vs two ships

They need to keep capturing new customers and many of them probably want to go to places serial cruisers have been to

As I say, I'm ok with what is offered and have some choices to make!

i got the list bit not seeing where to click for ports. though the NYE in Au was nice.. but sydney 3 years running??? thought you were on Soltice?

Haha, I am on Solstice at the moment, just off the coast of New Caledonia, but that doesn't stop me from planning more cruises :) The 2018 itineraries are on the site now. We will probably do Baltic or the NYE in Sydney. But I am bummed there aren't some new ports. Oh well.

Michael

Still a lot of options for us.

I can understand why Sydney - it's their growth market

People were wanting Caribbean and its there

The challenge is all our wants vs two ships

They need to keep capturing new customers and many of them probably want to go to places serial cruisers have been to

As I say, I'm ok with what is offered and have some choices to make!

I'm not trying to make this a Crystal vs Azamara discussion, but Crystal only has two ships as well and have far better itineraries and many rare ports. BUT I love the Azamazing Evenings and AZ ships, so nothing is perfect. Like you, I have found a few different options that will work for us for 2018.... We won't be hurting for destinations to visit :)

I agree it's a balancing act for Azamara re: new cruisers and veteran cruisers. And I really love the AZ product. I just feel lucky to have this itinerary "problem" to deal with haha

Michael

Haha, I am on Solstice at the moment, just off the coast of New Caledonia, but that doesn't stop me from planning more cruises :) The 2018 itineraries are on the site now. We will probably do Baltic or the NYE in Sydney. But I am bummed there aren't some new ports. Oh well.

Michael

what really funny is I picked another cruiseline for Feb 2017 that includes New Caledonia and other ports I never been too. my very first Celebrity was on Solstice. I know the cruises are up but have to wait to monday to book. meanwhile final payment due on my last winter cruise an my A&K land tour this weekend. love to know all the ports Solstice did. mainly start/end. .it is a bigger ship for open water.

The cruise i just book ends in AU 2017 and i get to fly home from there. Three flights and I will sleep in LA as the jet lag kills me. the NYE one looks good and new ports for me. .but no S America again -there still a few land locked places i could go in 2018 in summer. .but i need a winter break from the cold here. going down to 4 tonight or tomorrow night.. and it will be worse before i leave in 6 weeks.

Just booked the Dec '18 Xmas/NYE cruise. I couldn't pass up doing NYE in Sydney on the ship, as this has been offered by Crystal a couple of times, but pricing and dates didn't work for me. I think this will be a fabulous cruise with, I'm sure, a great onshore event. Now I am looking at the Baltic World Cup cruise out of London for Jun '18. I'll probably do it, but am waiting to find out when Celebrity's new ship will debut.....

Michael

Just booked the Dec '18 Xmas/NYE cruise. I couldn't pass up doing NYE in Sydney on the ship, as this has been offered by Crystal a couple of times, but pricing and dates didn't work for me. I think this will be a fabulous cruise with, I'm sure, a great onshore event. Now I am looking at the Baltic World Cup cruise out of London for Jun '18. I'll probably do it, but am waiting to find out when Celebrity's new ship will debut..... Michael

I'll see you on the Sydney cruise :)

but am waiting to find out when Celebrity's new ship will debut.....

Michael

Hi Michael,

According to the Press Release, the first Edge class ship is scheduled to debut in Fall of 2018. The second ship is due in Early 2020. Hope this helps !

Thanks.

Hi JVNYC,

That 2018 voyage is showing up now. Thank you for pointing out it was missing from the website. We appreciate that the CC community is our eyes and ears :)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1536552000/11-night-wine-romance-voyage

I'm still struggling with the first world luxury problem of what to book for Christmas 2017... Journey is doing a 'standard' Hong Kong to Singapore run, which I've done before, and Quest is doing a quite boring (I'm sorry to say) Eastern Caribbean cruise. Decisions, decisions... :( Is anyone else of the Azamara regulars booked on any of these two cruises? Thoughts?

Floris

I'm still struggling with the first world luxury problem of what to book for Christmas 2017... Journey is doing a 'standard' Hong Kong to Singapore run, which I've done before, and Quest is doing a quite boring (I'm sorry to say) Eastern Caribbean cruise. Decisions, decisions... :( Is anyone else of the Azamara regulars booked on any of these two cruises? Thoughts?

Floris

doing the standard carribbean in 2016. i have nothing booked in 2017 on AZ or any other line. .for me 2017 is harder to decide. 2016 was easy and now looking at 2018 and nothing popped out unless i decide to go cold weather and do Norway again. i was hoping for S America on the West Coast.. oh well:(

Floris

I totally agree with you. I know it sounds spoiled that we are complaining about these boring itineraries, but I really couldn't justify booking one - and December is always a month we cruise. So I booked the new Silver Sea ship Silver Muse out of Barbados. Haven't told my husband yet cuz he is content doing Celebrity and Azamara the rest of our lives - but it hits a lot of rare ports and we can use a different ship to spice things up.

Michael

Floris

When I saw how many times Azamara was stopping in Miami and San Juan I was excited but it didn't last long. I was really disappointed in the ports. There are so many ports that Azamara could go to that the larger cruises can't and yet they stop at all the same ports. I'm sorry but adding Coco Cay, Samana and Labadee doesn't excite us. We really enjoyed Virgin Gorda but enough of Dominica, Nevis, St Thomas and St. Martin. Would love to see Anguilla, St Vincent, Tobago, Jost Van Dyke, Grenada, Tortola, Grand Turk just to name a few. We have been trying to get back to Grenada. Our cruise on the Summit that was going to Grenada in 2017 has been chartered. Oh well.

Edited by beachseeker
Typo