2018 Itineraries - Now Available (10/28/15) & World Cruise ?

Andy

Hi Everyone,

FYI, Larry Pimentel just Tweeted that bookings open for the World Cruise, on November 22.

Hope this is helpful !

Thank you! Will prices and dates/all ports etc. be available before that date on the website? Or do you just call in that day and find out all the details then? Thanks for any insight!! LuAnn

I do not think it is a problem

1. Azamara have a fantastic process pre turnaround day and on the day so you have no delay getting cards etc

2. Where it requires any other input from the guest that is because of the immigration/ port authorities over which they have no control - USA is one of the worst

3. SOLAS drill is a legal requirement- no big deal you can also attend a catch up drill later but usually the drill is timed for after all aboard time anyway

Apart from in the USA we have never had issue going ashore when we wanted to explore on turn around day

I would be more concerned at the extent menus and entertainment repeated than turn around day (and I'm sure on that point Azamara have plans)

Very strange to call a Sydney to London trip a "round the world cruise." Oh well. It is indeed very long and has its many, many attractions.

Crystal has been advertising a "world cruise" for years which rarely does what Magellan did. Circumnavigating South America is hardly going around the world, but they still called it a "world cruise."

Hi Everyone,

FYI, Larry Pimentel just Tweeted that bookings open for the World Cruise, on November 22.

Hope this is helpful !

There is an email going out to LCV members today/tomorrow. It will include advance details of the 2018 itineraries, including the World Cruise.

Crystal has been advertising a "world cruise" for years which rarely does what Magellan did. Circumnavigating South America is hardly going around the world, but they still called it a "world cruise."

I know, and Seabourn's World Cruise only covers a portion of the World. But one of the links brought me to an Azamara announcement that this WC would be "round the world." Hardly. But still, not to knock it. It would be lovely, depending. Long period on the sea, lots of ports (including some unusual ones, hopefully), lots of attractions.

Just a technical note Bonnie. At this point, I can't get the link in the email to work on my iPhone 6.

At least you received an email Nordski :)

Thankfully, the link above, will offer the 2018 overview.

Just received the email and noticed that there are many longer voyages; no mention of a "world cruise" but indeed several long segments from Australia to Europe. I'm so disappointed that there are no cruises on the Eastern U.S. (I was hoping for a non charter cruise from Canada to Miami) and nothing at all for the Western U.S. There is a mention of new smaller ports but I guess we have to wait a few days for the details. I'm afraid that nothing in the itineraries as described at present is at all appealing.

At least you received an email Nordski :)

Thankfully, the link above, will offer the 2018 overview.

Yes, I should have thanked need2cruisesoon for posting a working link.

Looking forward to the details.

I look forward to seeing the itinerary details.

I did notice lots of golf cruises, the British Open and Monaco Grand Prix cruise, two cruises featuring World Cup competition, and a number of cruises beginning or ending in Lisbon or London.

A few years ago, Azamara had two very unusual itineraries featuring Seville--one during Semana Santa and one during the April Fair. Unfortunately, I have not seen these cruises replicated since that time.

2018 itineraries seems to be same old, same old. I do not see anything new or extraordinary. Would really have loved to have seen itinerariies for east coast Canada and U.S, Canadian Arctic, Newfoundland/Labrador and Greenland. And there is nothing in South America. Que pasa?

Just received the email and noticed that there are many longer voyages; no mention of a "world cruise" but indeed several long segments from Australia to Europe. I'm so disappointed that there are no cruises on the Eastern U.S. (I was hoping for a non charter cruise from Canada to Miami) and nothing at all for the Western U.S. There is a mention of new smaller ports but I guess we have to wait a few days for the details. I'm afraid that nothing in the itineraries as described at present is at all appealing.

We too are somewhat disappointed that there are no Eastern U.S. cruises nor Western U.S. Also would have liked to see some west coast of South America cruises. Hopefully maybe 2019 ??

You may have to look to another cruise line to meet your desires. West Coast US you'll have to look for Alaska, Mexico or Hawaii bound lines. East coast would be only the Canada-bound cruises in the fall, or possibly something that starts in NYC and heads to the Caribbean.

As others have said, there are no jaw-dropping itineraries that I can tell so far. But, I don't mind repeating cruising regions over and over again as long as there are some innovative ports, so I'm looking forward to seeing some details. Having said that, I really like the cruises into and out of the Tower Bridge in London, and New Year's Eve in Sydney sounds wonderful. I'm sure we won't have trouble finding good cruises, but hoping for a lot of maiden port calls.

Michael

Edited by TxnAquarian

As others have said, there are no jaw-dropping itineraries that I can tell so far. But, I don't mind repeating cruising regions over and over again as long as there are some innovative ports, so I'm looking forward to seeing some details. Having said that, I really like the cruises into and out of the Tower Bridge in London, and New Year's Eve in Sydney sounds wonderful. I'm sure we won't have trouble finding good cruises, but hoping for a lot of maiden port calls.

Michael

I love the idea of NYE Sydney. Bit i need to see all the ports first. it would be my 3d time in sydney in 3 years. .long flight home. being docked in london vs outside it would be fun but again i bet i done all the ports to much.. i had hoped for S America but the West coast. looking at italy in my mind.

There is an email going out to LCV members today/tomorrow. It will include advance details of the 2018 itineraries, including the World Cruise.

Did it go to UK guests?

We don't see to have it (spam has been checked it's not hiding there)

it arrived on the 28th mid afternoon. S America is a no show as other cruise i have enjoyed. .the best is down under. does not list ports just start-end.. no middle. almost Monday

Ellbon, the first segment sails from Singapore via all the usual stops in Indonesia to Broome, Australia (overnight), then Exmouth, Geraldton and an overnight in Perth at the end. The second segment sails from Perth to Albany, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Sydney (3 days, 31 December to 2 January), Hobart/Tasmania and finally Melbourne. In other words, you get from Singapore to Sydney via the south side of Australia and then backtrack to Melbourne. This seems to be the only truly new piece in the 2018 itineraries.

The two yearly segments from Singapore to Europe in April include the best of the best this year, including a double overnight in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Mumbai, Dubai, Aqaba (for Petra), Luxor, Israel and others.

Floris