Curtis Stone restaurant to replace Sabatini's

KruzPrincess

They are doing it so they have to plate less and force you to serve yourself. Another cost saving measure cloaked as a specialty restaurant probably serving similar food as the dining room

Since the ocean is being sold,i doubt we will see it next january

Holdridge with an "e"..... The meat in the small towns of NE is actually pretty good! As we say in NE, the closer you are to the farm, the better the beef. I try to buy from local farmers as much as I can.

I just misspelled it Not thinking.

This is a similar concept to Qsine on Celebrity. You don't share with strangers only those in your party. We went with another couple they shared their chioces and my wife and I picked other items. I din't mind the concept but the price was $45 pp and in my opinion not worth it. It was a $20 pp experience at best. I am willing to give this new restaurant a try but I am wondering what the price will be if it's carrying the Curtis Stone name. I will miss the veal chop at Sabatini's.

Edited by Iamcruzin

According to his website, there is no menu at a Curtis Stone restaurant. One dish each month.

Actually, it's one ingredient each month used to make nine courses for 25 guests served at one time.

http://www.curtisstone.com/restaurant#restaurant-section-2

BTW, this is consistent with the videos on the Princess website that show a group of approximately that size all seated elbow to elbow at one long table.

I get it. Some will think sharing a table and nine courses with a bunch of strangers is a great experience. Very much like a family style MDR? Would you pass the peas, please? Not for me.

Here in the Los Angeles area (AOC, Gayot, Bar Toscana and many more) as well as other cities(Washington DC's Jose Andre's "Zaytinya" restaurant) that we have been to have this restaurant concept. It reminds me of Tapas where your party orders several "small plates" and "Share."

An interesting idea but I would think they would have tried it out on a few of the ships and spoken to the passengers to see if they enjoyed the eating experience. Because as we know "eating" is part of the cruising experience!!

Here in the Los Angeles area (AOC, Gayot, Bar Toscana and many more) as well as other cities(Washington DC's Jose Andre's "Zaytinya" restaurant) that we have been to have this restaurant concept. It reminds me of Tapas where your party orders several "small plates" and "Share."

An interesting idea but I would think they would have tried it out on a few of the ships and spoken to the passengers to see if they enjoyed the eating experience. Because as we know "eating" is part of the cruising experience!!

Makes one wonder if this kind of restaurant is also popular in the Seattle area? Could be something someone at headquarters thought would be a great idea.

You know, I understand that cruise lines need to evolve and match their product to their clientele. I also understand that Princess probably wishes to attract a younger demographic. New cruisers are the future. I see why they might wish to try this. I'm sure they're getting a good kick back from the chain as well.

We will watch the reviews. Maybe we're right and maybe we're wrong. Either way, we will miss Sabatini's.

This is a similar concept to Qsine on Celebrity. You don't share with strangers only those in your party. We went with another couple they shared their chioces and my wife and I picked other items. I din't mind the concept but the price was $45 pp and in my opinion not worth it. It was a $20 pp experience at best. I am willing to give this new restaurant a try but I am wondering what the price will be if it's carrying the Curtis Stone name. I will miss the veal chop at Sabatini's.

Absolutely divine!

02d6c2de-b505-4ea7-b61f-6ae63863fa3a_zpsz0m8suc5.jpg

I just hope his recipes don't make it into the MDR, I like the meals the way they are now, if I trendy food I'll just turn on the food network.

As a matter of fact, there are promised to be several dishes "Crafted by Curtis" added to the MDR menu in 2016. He will also be taking over the Chef's Table event.

I just hope his recipes don't make it into the MDR, I like the meals the way they are now, if I trendy food I'll just turn on the food network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hate to break it to you like this CB, but: "Guests sailing onboard any of Princess Cruises’ 18 ships will have the opportunity to savor fresh new cuisine designed by Chef Stone every day in the Main Dining Room. Personal reflections by Chef Stone will also accent each “Crafted” selection."

As a matter of fact, there are promised to be several dishes "Crafted by Curtis" added to the MDR menu in 2016. He will also be taking over the Chef's Table event.

Sounds good to me. Something different for a change.

Makes one wonder if this kind of restaurant is also popular in the Seattle area? Could be something someone at headquarters thought would be a great idea.

You know, I understand that cruise lines need to evolve and match their product to their clientele. I also understand that Princess probably wishes to attract a younger demographic. New cruisers are the future. I see why they might wish to try this. I'm sure they're getting a good kick back from the chain as well.

We will watch the reviews. Maybe we're right and maybe we're wrong. Either way, we will miss Sabatini's.

By the way, Princess headquarters are in Santa Clarita, close to Magic Mountain, in California, NOT Seattle.

That is nothing like the veal chop I had at Sabatini's. Mine was less than half that size and poor quality [emoji32]

So sorry to hear that. Quess you could file that under the Your Mileage May Vary heading...here's another glimpse of Richard Ramsfan's hunk o' meat. He's a rather large fellow and this was quite filling along with the short rib penne pasta, salad and bread. ;)

77e9dede-44e1-441a-bc04-5262ef553df0_zpsfvlqpao4.jpg

Edited by kcfoxy
Facial redness from several hours in the hot tub!

So sorry to hear that. Quess you could file that under the Your Mileage May Vary heading...here's another glimpse of Richard Ramsfan's hunk o' meat. He's a rather large fellow and this was quite filling along with the short rib penne pasta, salad and bread. ;)
Now the short rib penne pasta was very good both times we ate at Sabatini's but the lobster three ways is really only two ways and they should offer the lobster risotto as a separate dish. The steak was tough. We also ate there twice with the old menu. The first time was a 2-1/2 hour torture with the worst possible inattentive wait staff. The second time a few middling quality cold and hot appetizers, some pizza, pasta and an entree bout no fabulous multi course gourmet meal. YMMV but we were 0 for 4 on four different ships [emoji33] Edited by IECalCruiser

I don't get what the big fuss is all about. Princess is trying something new. If you don't want to go to Share and don't want to order Curtis' items in the MDR, then don't. Simple as that.

Here is what the fuss is about: if Sabatini's is one of your favorite restaurants on Earth, where you have had the best meals and the best service, you don't want to lose that. Not to mention the beautiful venues and the beautiful tables for two.

I am not happy to lose this. I don't want to sit elbow to elbow with 25 strangers.

I won't go to Share, but I don't have to like losing Sabatini's.

Attitude, a good bottle of wine, and meeting interesting people is the concept with the food as the underpinning of a great evening. We have met, over the years, some very different people we would not otherwise have met; like in a Japanese open table restaurant in Las Vegas two businessmen and their "dates" for the evening. To this day my DH giggle over this evening and how Midwest we must have looked to them.

I don't get what the big fuss is all about. Princess is trying something new. If you don't want to go to Share and don't want to order Curtis' items in the MDR, then don't. Simple as that.

Yes, it would be easy to avoid the items on the MDR menu, but as Cruisin'Rabbit says, the loss of Sabatini's is not a choice. Of course, as it stands, the new restaurant is only slated for a few ships, and there is no word that it will go fleet-wide or that Sabatini's will be scraped everywhere. It's possible this Curtis Stone idea will bomb and Princess will do something else. In any case, the big fuss is to be expected, I think, when Princess threatens to remove something many people like. I am not a big Sabatini's fan, but I do feel sorry for those who are and are losing their favorite restaurant.

Attitude, a good bottle of wine, and meeting interesting people is the concept with the food as the underpinning of a great evening. We have met, over the years, some very different people we would not otherwise have met; like in a Japanese open table restaurant in Las Vegas two businessmen and their "dates" for the evening. To this day my DH giggle over this evening and how Midwest we must have looked to them.

Yes, I have met great people at dinner, too. But my bottle of Opus One won't go too far for 25, seated elbow to elbow.