Curtis Stone restaurant to replace Sabatini's

KruzPrincess

Yes, it would be easy to avoid the items on the MDR menu, but as Cruisin'Rabbit says, the loss of Sabatini's is not a choice. Of course, as it stands, the new restaurant is only slated for a few ships, and there is no word that it will go fleet-wide or that Sabatini's will be scraped everywhere. It's possible this Curtis Stone idea will bomb and Princess will do something else. In any case, the big fuss is to be expected, I think, when Princess threatens to remove something many people like. I am not a big Sabatini's fan, but I do feel sorry for those who are and are losing their favorite restaurant.

Thanks for the perceptive and thoughtful comments concerning the loss of Sabatini's not being a choice. Thanks so much.

As I am sailing on The Emerald in a couple of weeks-before she goes into dry dock- what do those of you who enjoy Sabbatini's recommend having there? Hoping to go one night to say good bye!

I have always ordered the veal chop and was never disappointed.

Yes' date=' I have met great people at dinner, too. But my bottle of Opus One won't go too far for 25, seated elbow to elbow.[/quote']

I know I'm going to sound selfish...but I won't be sharing my Opus One or my Caymus Cab....except with my DH! LOL!

Edited by suzyed

Thanks for the great picture! As is often said' date=' a picture is worth 1000 words.

What a concept:). Share:)[/quote']

DH and I frequently share a table with "strangers" in restaurants...granted, it's usually a BBQ place or casual dining.

I used to have a hard time with it, but hubby has gotten me used to doing it!

LOL! I heard that you will only have to "share" with those in your immediate party...not everyone!!

Thanks for the great picture! As is often said' date=' a picture is worth 1000 words.

What a concept:). Share:)[/quote']

DH and I frequently share a table with "strangers" in restaurants...granted, it's usually a BBQ place or casual dining.

LOL! I heard that you will only have to "share" with those in your immediate party...not everyone!!

Wouldn't it be nice if they had it setup on the Caribbean next April . Plenty of time to try it on a transatlantic. :) And it makes perfect sense about your immediate party.

Joe

Wouldn't it be nice if they had it setup on the Caribbean next April . Plenty of time to try it on a transatlantic. :) And it makes perfect sense about your immediate party.

Joe

Sure would! Would love to experience it!

We enjoy Sabatini's but also would enjoy something new!!

I heard Curtis Stone is also going to "take over" the Chef's Table...not sure if that's true though.

Sure would! Would love to experience it!

We enjoy Sabatini's but also would enjoy something new!!

I heard Curtis Stone is also going to "take over" the Chef's Table...not sure if that's true though.

True, you probably read it on the Princess website.

A special Chef’s Table by Curtis Stone experience

Don't you think there is a major difference between sharing a table at a BBQ place and at an Italian restaurant you booked for a romantic evening?

I think most agree that sharing would be between your immediate party. But sharing really comes into it's own when there are large groups since the selection of items ordered increases and there is more selection to share.

A special Chef’s Table by Curtis Stone experience

So now the Chef's Table will be served "family style" and platters will be passed around so all can share and help themselves. Doesn't sound as elegant as what we have come to appreciate at the Chef's Table on Princess service-wise.

So now the Chef's Table will be served "family style" and platters will be passed around so all can share and help themselves. Doesn't sound as elegant as what we have come to appreciate at the Chef's Table on Princess service-wise.

Maybe they will just be using his recipes and not using the SHARE experience.

Don't you think there is a major difference between sharing a table at a BBQ place and at an Italian restaurant you booked for a romantic evening?

I think most agree that sharing would be between your immediate party. But sharing really comes into it's own when there are large groups since the selection of items ordered increases and there is more selection to share.

Of course! There is a huge difference between sharing in a casual place vs a romantic Italian dinner! I wasn't comparing those! I love Sabatini's....I would prefer they leave it alone...but that's not up to me.

Agree. If that's how they are going to do it, I don't think we will partake.

I dread the idea of sharing, even with my own DH. When we go out, I want seafood and he wants meat . IMHO , the joy of going to a restaurant is we each can have what we want. HAL has one of these restaurants where you share on its Lido, and neither of us was happy when we tried it .

Maybe they will just be using his recipes and not using the SHARE experience.

From the video, I took it to mean that "Share" was only in the Share restaurant and the chefs table would just be Curtis Stone inspired recipes but the format would stay the same. Like I said earlier in the thread I imagine that the share experience would be similar to the experience in Qsine, the Celebrity resturante. My wife and I shared and the other couple with us shared with each other. Nothing was passed around the table. Also in the video Curtis said that he hopes that the food was so good that nobody would want to share. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I have found nothing yet stating the Chef's Table will use the Share concept. As has already been mentioned it could be just a new menu designed by Curtis Stone.

To be fair, I've had to 'share' main dishes at the Chef's table before. I've been to 2 such dinners where there was a rack of meat that was flambeed in front of us, and everyone took meat from the communal rack. And the side dishes (potatoes, vegetables) were also on communal plates to take. But only for the main course.

I have been to many dinners (not on cruises) that have been served what we call "family style". It is okay. They just place large platters of food on the table and you take what you like.

One restaurant called Carmines, a chain which has a restaurant in Atlantic City, NJ. only serves this way.

I guess this would be the same thing as what they are calling Share. Nothing especially unique in my opinion.

Its okay for a party I guess, but I don't think you would get as much choice as at a regular restaurant.

marge