Pre-Purchasing Beer Package

wowzz

I see from my cruise personaliser that I can pre-purchase beer. For example, 5 bottles of Heineken [using a 5 for the price of 4 deal] will cost £14.49, equivalent to £2.90 [$4.50] a bottle. Once I'd got over the shock of the price, I wondered how good a deal this was.

Is there any advantage in pre-purchasing this deal? Also, would I have to pay the 15% 'gratuity' when I get the beer?

Cheers!

The Price includes the service charge. Search Princess Cellars and you will see the same offers with a little more description. "Choose your favorite beer variety from the list below and receive 5 bottles for the price of 4. Price includes service charge."

You can also purchase the 5 for 4 on board. Another option is to go to the BOGO Happy Hour where you can purchase 1 beer at the regular price and get a second for $1.

The Price includes the service charge. Search Princess Cellars and you will see the same offers with a little more description. "Choose your favorite beer variety from the list below and receive 5 bottles for the price of 4. Price includes service charge."

You can also purchase the 5 for 4 on board. Another option is to go to the BOGO Happy Hour where you can purchase 1 beer at the regular price and get a second for $1.

BOGO happy hour? when is it?

BOGO happy hour? when is it?

The BOGO $1 happy hour is held twice.

Usually one hour in the afternoon (either 3-4 or 4-5) and another hour in late evening (either 10-11 or 11-midnight).

As posited out in the previous post, check the Patter for times and locations.

You are not limited to just one purchase. Your could, for example, buy 2 and get 2 for $1 more each.

The afternoon HH time varies based upon port/sea days. Like FlipSide mentioned, check the Patter.

And there's a second one later in Skywalkers, usually from 10-11pm.

You can BOGO at HH and not open the beer. We usually purchase a cocktail for the HH, and keep the beer for later. One way of doing it. Enjoy your cruise and cheers!

Just to go back to my original question - Is there any advantage in buying the beer package in advance?

If you purchase it in advance you will have a voucher for it in your cabin which can only be redeemed through room service. So two extra steps involved: (1) making the payment online; and (2) calling & waiting for room service--but no savings.

Just to go back to my original question - Is there any advantage in buying the beer package in advance?

No Advantage. The 5 for 4 is the same price on board either through room service or you can go to a bar and get a bucket to bring back to your cabin.

Going to BOGO +$1 route works out price wise to be around 7 for the price of 4.

No Advantage. The 5 for 4 is the same price on board either through room service or you can go to a bar and get a bucket to bring back to your cabin.

Going to BOGO +$1 route works out price wise to be around 7 for the price of 4.

Do they open the second? Say you buy 2 get 2 more, can you drink 2 and take 2 back to the room for later consumption? I know on other lines, the beer buckets (buy 4 get 1) usually come with a bottle opener so you can open and consume the other 4 at your leisure. Is princess similar?

The BOGO $1 happy hour is held twice.

Usually one hour in the afternoon (either 3-4 or 4-5) and another hour in late evening (either 10-11 or 11-midnight).

As posited out in the previous post, check the Patter for times and locations.

You are not limited to just one purchase. Your could, for example, buy 2 and get 2 for $1 more each.

For some reason I never saw the evening BOGO in the patter on our recent 17 day cruise. Maybe I missed it but I'm sure I looked...

The evening BOGO was held in Explorer's from 10-11 PM. I had expected it to be from 11-Midnight but the bartender told me it was moved up an hour earlier than usual because the passengers on the cruise were older. The bartender had it together. I would simply walk up and he would look at me and say, "Bulleit?" I would nod and he would pour me a double Bulleit bourbon with no ice. :) (Sadly they don't carry Bulleit rye.)

The afternoon BOGO was in Wheelhouse and I can confirm that we were able to order 2 beers each and only one each was opened by the server. We took the others back to our cabin and enjoyed them later.

Thanks for all the replies - very helpful. Looks like Happy Hour is the way to go. I see that if you order 2 beers, the second would be unopened. Could I order, say, 8 [pay full price for 4 and a $1 each for the other 4] and just have one opened?

I have ordered beer on many cruises. It is nice for convince sake and not having to wait for a happy hour. I call room service as soon as I get aboard and they bring it verily quickly. It has never been a problem and I set on my balcony and enjoy. I also pre-order a bottle of Crown Royal.