Posting pictures and documents

chefestelle

Great! :) My only complaint is that you can't build a library of images there, and have to upload a "fresh" image each time. So, I also have a photobucket account with pictures that I use repeatedly.
Correction - I just discovered that if you join tinypic you can create albums and save images! :o

When I went to this thread and opened a reply, there was an image of a camera on the bottom of the screen. I touched that and it went to my pictures. I selected the puffin picture and it a uploaded. Next time I'll resize first so it is a smaller image.

I use ImageShrink for Android to resize photos. I have Photoshop and PaintShop Pro on my computer. If you are using iOS, I'm sure there's something similar.

Another good posting tool with resizing and no software to install is:

http://postimage.org/

Someone here on the HAL board recommended it last year. I apologize that I forgot whom exactly. I sort of think it was sppunk, but I can't find the thread.

Remember to limit your image size to 800 px, or it makes the page weirdly wide for people using CC in their browsers. (I know this because I was guilty of it when I posted ginormous photos of ships from my phone during sail away. Someone pointed it out to me, which is why I have reformed my wicked ways. :eek: )

Edited by POA1

Quote from jtlee: I like to use tinypic.com because unlike most photo-sharing sites (photobucket, smugmug, etc) you don't need to sign up for an account and then forever be bugged regularly to buy stuff from them.

Just go to http://www.tinypic.com, browse to the location of your pic, choose a Re-size, upload it, and copy the line that says "IMG code for Forums & Message Boards" directly into your post. You will need to click on an ad to get a "security code", to prove you're a human, not a computer doing an auto-load.

John, thank you for the instructions! I followed them and was able to upload 4 photos in another thread! :)

Edited by Bill S

Someone here on the HAL board recommended it last year. I apologize that I forgot whom exactly. I sort of think it was sppunk, but I can't find the thread.

Remember to limit your image size to 800 px, or it makes the page weirdly wide for people using CC in their browsers. (I know this because I was guilty of it when I posted ginormous photos of ships from my phone during sail away. Someone pointed it out to me, which is why I have reformed my wicked ways. :eek: )

Which choice do you use to copy/paste here? I either got just the address or a very small picture.

Edited by Scrapnana

Which choice do you use to copy/paste here? I either got just the address or a very small picture.

I hadn't used postimage.org in a while. I'd recommend AGAINST it based on a new look. Tinypic.com is a better bet. Choose the 15" monitor 800x600 size

Then, you copy and paste the code that has IMG tags around it.

The code looks like:

IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2hrliq0.jpg[/img - except that there's an opening and closing bracket.

2hrliq0.jpg

Edited by POA1

But just as in your wine tasting test you were testing this out for all of us, right.

Heleb:)

I hadn't used postimage.org in a while. I'd recommend AGAINST it based on a new look. Tinypic.com is a better bet. Choose the 15" monitor 800x600 size

Then, you copy and paste the code that has IMG tags around it.

The code looks like:

IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2hrliq0.jpg[/img - except that there's an opening and closing bracket.

Results with tinypic.

ifxuzm.jpg

Thanks, POA1! I have bookmarked it and am going to get the app for my iPad.

Edited by Scrapnana

Results with tinypic.

ifxuzm.jpg

Thanks, POA1! I have bookmarked it and am going to get the app for my iPad.

Hey, it's Portland Head Light! Did you take the photo from Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth, Maine?

Then, you copy and paste the code that has IMG tags around it. ...

]

1zlc7zt.jpg

Oh my gosh, it worked!! How easy. Thank you!! Now when I do a cruise review I can include photos.

This time I used one size smaller than 800x600. Next time I'll try the larger size that you recommend.

Edited by NMLady

I had some lessons from Kazu when we were on the Westerdam in posting photos from my iPad using Tapatalk - so easy! I use Photobucket, too, on my MacBook Pro, but I have found that the photo disappears on the CC thread if I later on delete the photo from Photobucket. So it would be good to know which of the storage sites are only "loaners".

Hey, it's Portland Head Light! Did you take the photo from Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth, Maine?

My first trip to Maine and I loved it, especially the lighthouses (well, the lobster wasn't bad either:D). We were at a viewing spot where you could get a nice picture of the Portland Head Light.

My first trip to Maine and I loved it, especially the lighthouses (well, the lobster wasn't bad either:D). We were at a viewing spot where you could get a nice picture of the Portland Head Light.

The vantage point looked familiar. Great photo!

I had some lessons from Kazu when we were on the Westerdam in posting photos from my iPad using Tapatalk - so easy! I use Photobucket, too, on my MacBook Pro, but I have found that the photo disappears on the CC thread if I later on delete the photo from Photobucket. So it would be good to know which of the storage sites are only "loaners".

Cruise Critic uses the URL as a pointer to the photo. When you delete the photo, and thus the URL, from any of the online photo repositories, Cruise Critic has nothing to point to. So, they are all "loaners" in that sense and will act in the same manner as your Photobucket example.

Edited by Fouremco

Cruise Critic uses the URL as a pointer to the photo. When you delete the photo, and thus the URL, from any of the online photo repositories, Cruise Critic has nothing to point to. So, they are all "loaners" in that sense and will act in the same manner as your Photobucket example.

So that explains that!:D I guess then, using Tapatalk, you are posting the actual photo and not a URL, so it stays on the thread even if you delete the photo from your device.

So that explains that!:D I guess then, using Tapatalk, you are posting the actual photo and not a URL, so it stays on the thread even if you delete the photo from your device.

As I usually don't use Tapatalk to post photos, I hadn't thought about that when composing my first answer, but looking at some of the photos that have been uploaded with Tapatalk, that seems to be the case. Why CC allows you to upload in one case and only provide the link in the other I don't know.