Will Princess recognize our anniversary?

2pbears

As I recall, when we sailed on our first Princess cruise back in 2006 we were onboard for our anniversary and Princess sent a nice cake to our table when we had dinner in the Sterling Steakhouse on our anniversary.

Our anniversary is November 6th and we board the Grand on November 8th. Will Princess recognize our anniversary or do you have to be onboard on the actual date of the event? Just wondering. :rolleyes:

As I recall, when we sailed on our first Princess cruise back in 2006 we were onboard for our anniversary and Princess sent a nice cake to our table when we had dinner in the Sterling Steakhouse on our anniversary.

Our anniversary is November 6th and we board the Grand on November 8th. Will Princess recognize our anniversary or do you have to be onboard on the actual date of the event? Just wondering. :rolleyes:

Yes they will celebrate it if you let them know when it is. One pf the questions in the personalizer is "are you celebrating anything special". It doesn't have to fall on the exact date of your cruise. Our anniversary is Feb 22, we cruised end of March. They had an anniversary greeting on our cabin door and a card to present to our waiter in the dining room for a celebratory dessert.

Have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary.

Happy anniversary! We will celebrate our 50th on June 3, but are taking an early celebration cruise in Nov. The Princess rep said we were welcome to celebrate our anniversary with them 7 months early. :)

Thanks to everyone for your prompt response. Daisyloo, I have searched the Cruise Personalizer and cannot find the area where it asks if we are celebrating a special occasion. Can you help me out by telling me where I can find that? Thanks.

We sailed on Oct 1st, our anniversary. Sign on the door and Balloons. There was a card in the room to take to any dining room. We heard the waiters singing Happy Anniversary on a couple of other tables and decided not to present our card :)

Hi There

No problems, does not need to be even close so long as you have a reason

you will get a cake and a song,

enjoy your cruise

yours Shogun

Actual Anniversary date must fall between 6 months before and 6 months after your cruise 🙂

Thanks to everyone for your prompt response. Daisyloo, I have searched the Cruise Personalizer and cannot find the area where it asks if we are celebrating a special occasion. Can you help me out by telling me where I can find that? Thanks.

It's on the Guest Checkin section of the Cruise Personalizer. All the way at the bottom of that page in a section titled Special Occasions.

Edited by Jojiboy

Sign in to your Princess account. Go to Guest check in - at the bottom of the first page there is a form called Special Occasions. Just fill that in and submit.

I had mentioned DH's Birthday on the Personalizer prior to a cruise. Once onboard, I checked with Passenger Service Desk and they did not have any info about it. No problem - they notified our cabin steward and Dining Room and we had balloons, a door sign and a card to take to the Dining Room for a cake.

Lesson - even if you think they know about it, be sure to verify once on board the ship!:)

Also remember if this happen to be your 50th anniversary Princess will give you an extra $ 50.00 on board spending money as long as you sail during the month that your anniversary is.

Theo

We sailed on Oct 1st, our anniversary. Sign on the door and Balloons. There was a card in the room to take to any dining room. We heard the waiters singing Happy Anniversary on a couple of other tables and decided not to present our card :)

I don't like the singing routine at any restaurant. I'm too low profile.:o

DH handed in the card, so he could try the cake. But asked our waiter to please not have the team sing. Whew

Also remember if this happen to be your 50th anniversary Princess will give you an extra $ 50.00 on board spending money as long as you sail during the month that your anniversary is.

Theo

Well this is only our 39th but that's good to know. We'll make it a point to cruise for our anniversary in eleven more years. :D

I don't like the singing routine at any restaurant. I'm too low profile.:o

DH handed in the card, so he could try the cake. But asked our waiter to please not have the team sing. Whew

I would have done that if I had known to ask for 'no singing'

Theo

Princess phone rep told me this was discontinued some time ago.

Well this is only our 39th but that's good to know. We'll make it a point to cruise for our anniversary in eleven more years. :D

Won't happen then.

The $50 OBC for being your 50th anniversary the month you are sailing is for this year only since Princess is celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year.

(If this year is your 50th Anniversary and you are sailing in a different month, you get a bottle of wine instead of OBC.)

Princess phone rep told me this was discontinued some time ago.

Princess phone reps do not always have the correct information . Phone again and an other rep will most likely tell you something different.;)

Theo