Celebrity computer problems again?

AtleeH

And don't forget all the jobs this lousy IT department generates...!! :rolleyes:

There must be many that have their jobs secured - just helping people to manage things that they should be able to do on the website....

Edited by sollan

Yesterday and for the past several days I tried to get into My Celebrity

It said password and/or name wrong

It wasn't

Called -/ they connected me with captains club

He said the password I just told him is

NOT my password but he would email it to husband's email address. Don't get that either since I make most arrangements. But ok guess what password they email to husband. Yes, the one I've been using all along.

It works now.

Celebrity It why won't they fix it?

Edited by true45

I got a call from X today. The woman on the other end gave me her name and phone number should I need to contact them again.

She apologized for the problems, and said it was IT first priority to get this fixed.

She said if I wanted to add excursions, I needed to do it without logging in. I just tried that. I didn't want any excursions, but thought I'd try it. The first thing that happened was it filled in my name and password. So that didn't work.

Oh well. Today was final payment day. Fortunately, my TA is doing all that for me.

And don't forget all the jobs this lousy IT department generates...!! :rolleyes:

There must be many that have their jobs secured - just helping people to manage things that they should be able to do on the website....

I know you're joking but I highly suspect they outsource most of the web stuff. To the lowest bidder.

I've had the same problem, plus I have once again been dropped from their mailing list for Tuesday Specials. I frequently cruise with a friend and he gets them and not me. I worked with the folks at Celebrity for a year to get this fixed and it finally started sending me the info, for about six months. Now, I once again am a non-entity to them. I also cannot access my reservation for January. Can you imagine what kind of idiot would pay for their on-ship internet? $300? The Internet on RCCL is outstanding. They need to share technology. I wonder if they ever read the CC posts. If they do, one would think they would establish an IT department.

We have 2 current reservations (one for later this month) and about a month ago suddenly could not access our reservation info. Our message is "The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation." and elsewhere it suggests trying again in 20 minutes. Never had this problem before, we tried accessing from 2 different computers using both the new Microsoft Edge and also Google Chrome.

This morning we called our cruise agency and asked if they can access our info and they were able to get into our reservations using the normal process. Tis strange. Being somewhat of a techie we did do the usual clearing our browser (deleting history and Cookies) but it did not help.

Hank

I've noticed a few RCI threads today about people being unable to access their accounts. So far they are getting the user error / "clear your cookies" responses. I wonder if the problem is spreading and if these two companies share an IT department.

Has Celebrity Cruiser (official) ever shown up on any thread about the sorry IT department giving any advise, or otherwise letting us know what's going on?

And if not, why not.

Someone named cle-guy claimed to be a brand ambassador of sorts and was asking us to email him the specific problems, but I think he got frustrated when people weren't sending him emails with detailed test-cases to reproduce the problems.

...which is something an actual QA department typically does for the coders. Not the customers.

And since they do have these online chat reps who are all but volunteers, it tells you that the decision not to put any money into the technical side of things goes all the way to the top. Trust and believe.

Edited by perditax

I'm trying to add a specialty restaurant reservation for my daughters cruise for her birthday --- really Celebrity , I am trying to send you some money .

Same issue, have been trying to add a speciality restaurant reservation for our 30th anniversary which we are taking this cruise to celebrate. For over a month the website cannot "retrieve" the reservation, or the booking is being "updated" whenever I try.

Big fail Celebrity. If it continues I will try the old way of the telephone - at least telephone charges have gone now nowadays for long distance international calls.

Same issue, have been trying to add a speciality restaurant reservation for our 30th anniversary which we are taking this cruise to celebrate. For over a month the website cannot "retrieve" the reservation, or the booking is being "updated" whenever I try.

Big fail Celebrity. If it continues I will try the old way of the telephone - at least telephone charges have gone now nowadays for long distance international calls.

Have you tried using their email link from the contact page on their website?

No telephone charges that way.

If you can access Celebrity's US website, there is an International access email option.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/

1) Down at bottom of this main Celebrity website page

Under CUSTOMER SUPPORT

click Contact Us

2) Right under the picture on the next screen, there is a Domestic tab and an International tab.

I used the Domestic tab (the default), but looked at the International tab and the screen options there look exactly the same:

3) Under Email (on the right side) click the link in

Please email us. We are committed to providing a response to your comments or feedback.

4) On next screen, where it says Topic

"Please choose a Topic"

pick Website questions

Fill out the form, describe your problem in the space provided,

Then click Send

It took almost a week before I received a reply, but my Celebrity account appears to be working correctly now (at least the features I have tried).

Good luck.

Edited by varoo

I've always read about folks having trouble accessing their reservations, but I have never experienced it.....until yesterday. Tried to go into my booking to look at shore excursions for our Feb. cruise.....got THE message. Tried again several hours later....no luck. So today I cleared cookies, etc. and tried. No luck. I guess X just doesn't want my money for excursions so I will start shopping private tours.

I'm just glad I got my registration filled out before this came up. Although I don't know how I will print out my Set Sail pass (or whatever it's called), but I can leave that problem to my travel agent.

And this is a hell of a way to run a business. At times X sure seems bush league.

I'm having a problem too. I can get into two of my bookings but not the third one. I'm trying to book Choice Air and they can't get into the third booking either. Both Celebrity and Choice Air say to check back later.

Cynthia

After weeks of trying to access our reservations without success we are giving up . Its just too frustrating and I'm tired of being angry .

I contacted our TA and they advised me that it all seems OK on their side -- and they can access - they advised to try and log in as a new "account " and we were able to do this on one reservation , just the one time . Today , the same messages as previously encountered. We are still 89 days away from cruise 1 but really , we would like to participate in our cruise and make some shore excursions, dining etc.Even just being able to log in and properly access what we have paid for would be nice !

We will enjoy these cruises , but will certainly look elsewhere in the future , I'm tired of the frustration and angst each time .:(

Have you tried using their email link from the contact page on their website?

No telephone charges that way.

Thanks varoo, glad your problems are resolved.

I tried that option and sent an email - with no response yet.

I am going to phone the local representative TA that was on the international tab on the contact us link.

I sent my email today, had a message from Celebrity on my phone when I got home from work. Still cannot access anything and they are unaware of any computer issues. I'll call in the morning.

Yeah, this is the real problem. Cruisers are unable to access their bookings and Celebrity just closes their eyes and says "we are unaware of issues." Well they do have lots of issues and issue #1 is that they are not even aware! I am enough of a techie to be able to solve most computer problems, but this is on their end. Despite using multiple computers, different browsers, clearing history and cookies, and trying different operating systems, we still get the usual message "The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation."

And then once you try a single time, if you try to get in another way (such as by not logging in) you will get the standard 20 minute lock-out (which is a really stupid way to design any system). We have started to realize that Celebrity's IT Programmers are Bush League (with apologizes to Mr or Mrs Bush). The only thing more worrisome then an IT Department that cannot do their job is an IT Department that seems to be totally unaware they even have a problem.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I sent my email today, had a message from Celebrity on my phone when I got home from work. Still cannot access anything and they are unaware of any computer issues. I'll call in the morning.

Yeah, this is the real problem. Cruisers are unable to access their bookings and Celebrity just closes their eyes and says "we are unaware of issues." Well they do have lots of issues and issue #1 is that they are not even aware! I am enough of a techie to be able to solve most computer problems, but this is on their end.

So here is a hint for the X IT folks (hope they read this). Your issue seems to primarily be related to registered users who are logged in to your site. If one clears cookies and simply accesses a reservation as a guest (without logging in) it is sometimes possible to pull up a reservation (at least for a minute).

As to fellow CCers who want to get in their reservation we suggest the following procedure. Make sure you are logged out of the site (on the upper right corner if it says "Welcome (your name) you are still logged in). Then you might be able to retrieve your reservation as a Guest by using your name and booking number (but not logging in). Start the process by clicking the "Online Checkin" located on the top right of the screen. But keep in mind that the geniuses at X do require that you wait at least 20 min between attempts.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Yeah, this is the real problem. Cruisers are unable to access their bookings and Celebrity just closes their eyes and says "we are unaware of issues." Well they do have lots of issues and issue #1 is that they are not even aware! I am enough of a techie to be able to solve most computer problems, but this is on their end.

So here is a hint for the X IT folks (hope they read this). Your issue seems to primarily be related to registered users who are logged in to your site. If one clears cookies and simply accesses a reservation as a guest (without logging in) it is sometimes possible to pull up a reservation (at least for a minute).

As to fellow CCers who want to get in their reservation we suggest the following procedure. Make sure you are logged out of the site (on the upper right corner if it says "Welcome (your name) you are still logged in). Then you might be able to retrieve your reservation as a Guest by using your name and booking number (but not logging in). Start the process by clicking the "Online Checkin" located on the top right of the screen. But keep in mind that the geniuses at X do require that you wait at least 20 min between attempts.

Hank

A major problem for Celebrity (and thus for you) is that the issues with their system are so (apparently) random. In my case I have had a few of the does-not-compute, cannot-connect type of error messages. And a couple of times in the last few weeks I've had the try-again-later message. (Usually if not always when I had forgotten to sign out from previous session.) Out of curiosity I just went to the site, logged in via the upper-right corner, did a show-all-reservations, saw my four reservations. Clicked the upcoming, went to manage-my-reservation, started browsing wine packages. All was fine, all seemed to work as it should. I didn't actually make any dinner reservations or purchase any wine - I'll do that once I am onboard. But the system does work.

I know this is no great consolation for those of you for whom the system does not work, but I hope you can see that the inconsistency of the issue(s) can leave the IT guys in a real quandary, unable to diagnose the problem(s). Just because they appear to be totally incompetent and disinterested does not necessarily mean that they are. Maybe they are, but maybe not.

Good luck!

Edited by GottaKnowWhen