For those who've done Meet & Greets in last 90 days

chrismch

In the last two cruises I went on with different cruise lines, the M & G's were very streamlined. They offered coffee, water, juice and cookies or danish - did not have anyone from the crew there. In the past, someone from the cruise director's staff at a minimum was there and at least 1-2 more. What's been your experience?

Edited by chrismch

In the last two cruises I went on with different cruise lines, the M & G's were very streamlined. They offered coffee, water, juice and cookies or danish - did not have anyone from the crew there. In the past, someone from the cruise director's staff at a minimum was there and at least 1-2 more. What's been your experience?

We attended the M&G on our Gem cruise last month. The Captain and most of the department heads attended. They also had a table set up with coffee, water, juice, and pastries. It's been that way on every M&G I've attended on NCL cruises. A year ago on the Norwegian Pearl the Hotel Director invited everyone to meet again on the last sea day to offer feedback to him on their cruise experience.

I just hosted the meet and greet on the Getaway on the October 10th cruise.

They actually had a sign in sheet for us.. Brought name tags. I had forgotten those so it we appreciated that!

The Sn staff came and JC (cruise director) introduced everyone and Sponge Bob even came.

They all walked around for quite a while meeting everyone and hanging out.

They also had the standard treats like cookies etc but also went around with little smoothies and blueberry muffins.

It was a great turn out and a lot of fun.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On the Epic sailing at the end of August, most department heads attended, although the Captain did not. The Hotel Director was the highest ranking one there, and he was very personable. There were probably about 7-8 department heads, I'd say.

There was a sign-in sheet as you entered. There was coffee, water, juice and cookies available. My M&G on the Pearl is in 5 days, so I can report back after that one, too.

On the Epic sailing at the end of August, most department heads attended, although the Captain did not. The Hotel Director was the highest ranking one there, and he was very personable. There were probably about 7-8 department heads, I'd say.

There was a sign-in sheet as you entered. There was coffee, water, juice and cookies available.

At the end of September we did a M&G on the Dawn between Boston & Quebec. What we found was very similar to the above. We were also given a card with the names & phone numbers of all the senior staff with the request to call if they could do anything for us. :D

Well worth attending as we got to meet new people and also learned things from the staff present.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Retired Coin Collecting Kiwi by Choice.

I think they are a very useful way to spend an hour. I always attend.I have attended many M & G on NCL and find them a great way to meet fellow cruisers and to get some idea of who the senior hotel officers are and what they look like. I have to say that having been to around 12-14 of these I have never seen a Captain at any of them although the Hotel Director always does.

I just hosted one on the Dawn a couple of weeks ago. Coffee, tea, water and danish/muffins were made available, and several of the officers attended. The captain was held up on the bridge, so the hotel director did most of the speaking. They answered some questions from our group and then left to go about their days. They had everyone sign in on a sign up sheet, and would have provided name tags if I didn't already have them. They also provided cards with all the department managers names and numbers. It was typical of my experience with cruise critic meet & greets over the past several years I've sailed with NCL.

since the HD is in charge of over 75% of the crew - and those who affect your cruise experience - it is only right that they are there to meet and greet with you. The other half of the M&G is for us to meet each other in person - to put a face to the screen names.

Do you still have to sign up or is everyone on the roll call automatically included? The reason for asking is, with all the NCL cruises we have been on, signing up has not been a problem, but now I do not see a place to sign up.

I presume this is dependent on your roll call and who volunteers to help steer this along? NCL will want to know rough numbers, so usually those on the roll call act as first estimate, once a day/time is known, exact numbers can be asked for.

I presume this is dependent on your roll call and who volunteers to help steer this along? NCL will want to know rough numbers, so usually those on the roll call act as first estimate, once a day/time is known, exact numbers can be asked for.

Thanks! That's about what I thought. Nobody has volunteered to do that on our roll call, I don't think. Our OP only posts once every 3 months or so.

Do you still have to sign up or is everyone on the roll call automatically included? The reason for asking is, with all the NCL cruises we have been on, signing up has not been a problem, but now I do not see a place to sign up.

You sign up through your Roll Call. Not everyone on a Roll Call will attend a Meet Greet however.

I just hosted the meet and greet on the Getaway on the October 10th cruise.

They actually had a sign in sheet for us.. Brought name tags. I had forgotten those so it we appreciated that!

The Sn staff came and JC (cruise director) introduced everyone and Sponge Bob even came.

They all walked around for quite a while meeting everyone and hanging out.

They also had the standard treats like cookies etc but also went around with little smoothies and blueberry muffins.

It was a great turn out and a lot of fun.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did you mention to Sponge Bob he was losing his job shortly? Maybe he knew and was stocking up on cookies before his departure.

You sign up through your Roll Call. Not everyone on a Roll Call will attend a Meet Greet however.

And only half of the ones that do sign up attend?:rolleyes:We have been to a lot of them. This is the first time signing up has been a problem. Maybe because nobody has volunteered to host it.

And only half of the ones that do sign up attend?:rolleyes:We have been to a lot of them. This is the first time signing up has been a problem. Maybe because nobody has volunteered to host it.

Maybe this is your chance?

If no one volunteers to do it there won't be a M&G..

I'm the OP on my roll call, but I'm not organising the M&G. Its not just up to the OP. The OP just happens to be the one who books first and gets to the rollcall first. :)

I see your last cruise was HAL, I was a huge HAL fan for years. Many years ago HAL made it a big deal to have Officers at the CC Meet and Greet. HAL has changed and unfortunately not to the good in many areas. I think you will see a HUGE difference between Officers on Norwegian and Officers on HAL. Basically HAL Officers now stay away from passengers so they do not have to hear complaints of many mechanical problems and issues such as plumbing and a/c. The Officers on Norwegian are the way they use to be on HAL. At The NCL Meet and Greets the Hotel Director at least in my experience has always been there along with many of his Dept Heads. They normally give you a card listing your Officers on board and a direct extensions to contact them if you have any problems. They WANT to be told of any problems that occur and state they do not want to read about it on Cruise Critic after the fact, they want to be given a chance to fix the problem. I have always been quite impressed with the Officers on NCL and wanting the passengers to have a great cruising experience.