Recent/Current Reflection Cruisers - Lunch in Luminae on Port Days?

jenniebnyc

Perhaps it's time to get a consumer advocate or interest a 60 minutes producer or an investigative reporter involved. Some bad press might get someone in hq to focus on consistency and matching what's delivered with what is promised.

Celebrity and especially their official representative here just have earned their loss of all credibility on the luminae issue....and not sure their continued participation here is of value.

Edited by ghstudio

I have a friend, and common poster here chatting with me elsewhere currently on Eclipse. The ship was unaware of free dining for lunch in B5 and she was told in an RS that lunch was not included in the unliminted dining. She spoke to the MC Concierge, GRM and HD and all agreed, not included, so she asked them to contact Miami. Miami confirms, lunch is included in B5 for RS/PH and on port days for CS/SS.

How can they not communicate THEIR OWN POLICIES better? Why are WE (the passengers) training the staff onboard.

Shame on Celebrity. They say they want to be the Ritz but behave like the Radison (at best). They want to know how they can do better, but we shouldn't have to constantly tell them, they should be PROACTIVE and EMPOWERED and have to do less recovery than they do.

Sigh, if only.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Lol ya. A 60 Minutes investigative report. The American people will be outraged when they learn that Suite guests are no longer getting Luminae on port days. The public out cry will be over whelming in sure.

I can completely understand being annoyed with inconsistent messages from Celebrity. Seriously, consistency between the various ships and policies shouldn't be a difficult task. but some of the reactions on here are over the top IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Lol ya. A 60 Minutes investigative report. The American people will be outraged when they learn that Suite guests are no longer getting Luminae on port days. The public out cry will be over whelming in sure.

I can completely understand being annoyed with inconsistent messages from Celebrity. Seriously, consistency between the various ships and policies shouldn't be a difficult task. but some of the reactions on here are over the top IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The absolute best post of this very entertaining thread, which reads like a Second City skit.... 60 minutes investigative reporter,.... I love it!

Edited by richsea

I have a friend, and common poster here chatting with me elsewhere currently on Eclipse. The ship was unaware of free dining for lunch in B5 and she was told in an RS that lunch was not included in the unliminted dining. She spoke to the MC Concierge, GRM and HD and all agreed, not included, so she asked them to contact Miami. Miami confirms, lunch is included in B5 for RS/PH and on port days for CS/SS.

How can they not communicate THEIR OWN POLICIES better? Why are WE (the passengers) training the staff onboard.

Shame on Celebrity. They say they want to be the Ritz but behave like the Radison (at best). They want to know how they can do better, but we shouldn't have to constantly tell them, they should be PROACTIVE and EMPOWERED and have to do less recovery than they do.

Sigh, if only.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I should also mention that most other people I have spoken with on board that were in suites went to B5 for lunch and were surprised by the no charge bill. Policy has not been effectively communicated, to say the least.

Is any one else getting tired of all the BS? There is no consistency between what is posted on Celebrity's web site, FB page, CC, etc. Celebrity, put on your big boy pants and own up to what has been promised, or at least own up to the new promises being made and be consistent across the fleet. I'm not getting ready to cancel any cruises over lunch but at some point enough is enough.

Well said, it is beyond a joke now.

Step up to the plate Celebrity and answer

1. What is the policy you have communicated to the ships (not what you want to spin it to be on here)

2. When are you going to deal with the outstanding queries re the CS issues (you know what they are you have been advised as requested via the concerns mailbox)

I have the flights to book for the cruise very soon and suffice it to say they are not being booked just yet...... but I very much hope I feel happy enough to do so

The absolute best post of this very entertaining thread, which reads like a Second City skit.... 60 minutes investigative reporter,.... I love it!

Certainly there would not be a specific article on Celebrity (although that could happen on some of the internet consumer advocate sites), but there is a broader story about how cruise companies change things without notice...including ports, amenities, policies. Maybe a sub-story about cruise line cutbacks....positioned against the advertising like "modern luxury". Perhaps another sub-story about how they give you an OBC, but then artifically hold early/late dining so that you can't use that OBC for gratuities (of course this is a hypothesis...we don't know if that's really the case)

With a little urging, they could use celebrity as their example similar to the UK story on cruise ship crew pay.

I don't think anyone actually wants to go this route.....but the continued inconsistency and lack of any communication or information from Celebrity that one can count on gets very frustrating...and one starts to think of ways to clearly get the message through to Celebrity Management (and that apparently includes their CEO as well) that all passengers are important irrespective of whether they are suite guests, in the target demographic or other...and whether they are new or repeat customers. I don't know about others, but I don't exactly feel like an important guest these days....I feel more like a number or maybe a wallet. Maybe it's just me.....

Certainly there would not be a specific article on Celebrity (although that could happen on some of the internet consumer advocate sites), but there is a broader story about how cruise companies change things without notice...including ports, amenities, policies. Maybe a sub-story about cruise line cutbacks....positioned against the advertising like "modern luxury". Perhaps another sub-story about how they give you an OBC, but then artifically hold early/late dining so that you can't use that OBC for gratuities (of course this is a hypothesis...we don't know if that's really the case)

With a little urging, they could use celebrity as their example similar to the UK story on cruise ship crew pay.

I don't think anyone actually wants to go this route.....but the continued inconsistency and lack of any communication or information from Celebrity that one can count on gets very frustrating...and one starts to think of ways to clearly get the message through to Celebrity Management (and that apparently includes their CEO as well) that all passengers are important irrespective of whether they are suite guests, in the target demographic or other...and whether they are new or repeat customers. I don't know about others, but I don't exactly feel like an important guest these days....I feel more like a number or maybe a wallet. Maybe it's just me.....

Never mind.

I continue to find this thread to be great entertainment; very humorous. I keep expecting to see a tongue in cheek emoticon included on many of the posts.

Edited by richsea

You would think that accurate info on Luminae restaurant hours of operation and alternative venues (complimentary or not) when not open could be left in your suite each night, so suite passengers know what to expect. NOTE: not all suite passengers read this board and have no clue what they should and should not be receiving as part of their fee.

I finally found an answer to my question about Luminae being open for lunch when docking in PR at 3:30pm. It appears to be open. Though Celebrity never answered my question. I had to wait for a poster who is on Reflection right now.

I am afraid to voice my feelings too much here because of the lurkers who wait to pounce on victims who they don't agree with, but I will reiterate this---sending an email from Miami to each ship on policy is not difficult. It amazes me that staff on ships continue to get their best and most accurate info from passengers and not their superiors. I am dumbfounded how a company of this size operates with such sloppiness and randomness.

Edited by jenniebnyc

You would think that accurate info on Luminae restaurant hours of operation and alternative venues (complimentary or not) when not open could be left in your suite each night, so suite passengers know what to expect. NOTE: not all suite passengers read this board and have no clue what they should and should not be receiving as part of their fee......

All one has to do is read the Celebrity Today that is left on your bed the prior evening. It contains the hours of all the restaurants, even Luminae. No need for a special notice.

All one has to do is read the Celebrity Today that is left on your bed the prior evening. It contains the hours of all the restaurants, even Luminae. No need for a special notice.

It does not however mention that B5 is available to all suite class guests without a fee for lunches on port days on some ships

You are probably picking up on the end of this thread. When we all booked suites, we were told that we got breakfast lunch and dinner there (which were all told would be super doper). Then they started messing about, not doing breakfasts, replacing it and lunch with a brunch, which suited some but not all. Then a few weeks ago they decided they were stopping lunch on port days but suite guests would be allowed to use Bistro on 5 complimentary.

Now guests are arriving on ships and the staff on board know nothing about the complimentary Bistro and are making guests pay, despite "Celebrity Cruises" posting on this board 2 or 3 weeks ago on here advising what was going to happen from now on. We have had it when we were on the Eclipse - you need to take copies of posts and show them to the staff to get what was advised which is nonsense.

We know when the hours are, most having already done 1 or 2 cruises since the restaurant was introduced in April, but what is irritating is Celebrity saying one thing and doing another, which is how this whole "Suite Class" roll out has been handled by them. Promise X,Y and Z and deliver part of A, b and D.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

richsea - we have to remember that some cruisers want a Mickey D's type of approach to their liking, while others go with the flow and make the best of it and understand that all ships will not operate in the same manner as 'dictated' no matter how hard they try OR not.

The best of Great Expectations, to be sure, but one thing is certain, there are other lines if some of these items are deal breakers, right? No need for me to dwell on something which may or may not be to my liking, more than four or five times that is.

I do not need more glue.

bon voyage all and have a great gastronomic experience on your next sailing! If not, I trust your sailing is port intensive so one can eat there.. :D

Just off the Reflection Thanksgiving week cruise. Overall, fantastic. Luminae was also fantastic. Closed on port days for lunch, but Bistro on 5 was NO CHARGE. We were in a sky suite.

(FWIW, we had my parents and some friends with us, also in sky suites, also no charge at bistro for port day lunch.)

And, I am happy to report that Bistro on 5 was quite good.

....thank you for this recent information. But, things can change by the time any of us sail next on any of the fine X ships.

bon voyage ....

richsea - we have to remember that some cruisers want a Mickey D's type of approach to their liking, while others go with the flow and make the best of it and understand that all ships will not operate in the same manner as 'dictated' no matter how hard they try OR not.

The best of Great Expectations, to be sure, but one thing is certain, there are other lines if some of these items are deal breakers, right? No need for me to dwell on something which may or may not be to my liking, more than four or five times that is.

I do not need more glue.

bon voyage all and have a great gastronomic experience on your next sailing! If not, I trust your sailing is port intensive so one can eat there.. :D

So, we should welcome a $10 charge when we eat lunch in Bo5 even if X states it is complimentary on port days? What is the point of your post? Just to be snarky?

So, we should welcome a $10 charge when we eat lunch in Bo5 even if X states it is complimentary on port days? What is the point of your post? Just to be snarky?

Actually YOU do not have to accept the charge, you can 'pre-empt' it upon boarding to be safe OR do as a previous post indicated, send the info to Corp HQ upon return or just before the fact of eating in Bo5 go to Guest Services to reconfirm or demand that the fee not be charged to ones account. I Am sure you will be accommodated on this, without fail. As a previous post, recent, confirmed that there were NO charges for Bo5 during a port day, unless I mis-read what was written?

There are several ways to approach this 'issue' in my mind. A few of which were already provided, any suite passenger can select the one which best fits their personality and desired approach.

Problem/issue, somewhat, solved. No snark involved at all, just the facts restated/reworded/etc..

bon voyage

You are probably picking up on the end of this thread. When we all booked suites, we were told that we got breakfast lunch and dinner there (which were all told would be super doper). Then they started messing about, not doing breakfasts, replacing it and lunch with a brunch, which suited some but not all. Then a few weeks ago they decided they were stopping lunch on port days but suite guests would be allowed to use Bistro on 5 complimentary.

Now guests are arriving on ships and the staff on board know nothing about the complimentary Bistro and are making guests pay, despite "Celebrity Cruises" posting on this board 2 or 3 weeks ago on here advising what was going to happen from now on. We have had it when we were on the Eclipse - you need to take copies of posts and show them to the staff to get what was advised which is nonsense.

We know when the hours are, most having already done 1 or 2 cruises since the restaurant was introduced in April, but what is irritating is Celebrity saying one thing and doing another, which is how this whole "Suite Class" roll out has been handled by them. Promise X,Y and Z and deliver part of A, b and D.

No, I have been following ALL of the threads regarding Luminae. I agree that Celebrity has screwed the meals up. What I find comical are the rants as if the loss of a few lunches in Luminae, when there are a host of other options available. One would think that the only reason to book a suite is to get lunch in Luminae, when it is obvious that despite the rants, not enough guests were using Luminae on port days to warrant them keeping it open.

Sigh, if only.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Could it be that/those e-mails did not make it to the top of list of 'must read/digest' when arriving to their in-box? Could it be that none of them got the memo but through prodding from on-board guests a follow up was made and confirmed, before the first port dining disaster happened...

I cannot imagine all of the emails they get before and during any sailing on many issues related and unrelated to that cruise. Just imagine how many passengers get access to their email addresses and start sending.

We want them to service us in every possible way how we believe it should be delivered. With so many people wanting and needing to contact them and vie for attention on 'special' challenges/issues at any given moment, it is no wonder things slip through the cracks, good or bad, they do.

It takes a special crew member to work with it all, that is for sure..

:D

bon voyage

As a previous post, recent, confirmed that there were NO charges for Bo5 during a port day, unless I mis-read what was written?

People are reacting to this other report from this same thread from a passenger who is saying that the crew on their ship has a different impression of what is to be offered:

Both the staff in Bistro on five and guest services on board have confirmed that bistro on five is only complimentary for PH and RS guests during port days. This conflicts with what the Celebrity 'Official' account posted previously in this thread, hence me pointing this out for those it may affect.

People are reacting to this other report from this same thread from a passenger who is saying that the crew on their ship has a different impression of what is to be offered:

Thanks bE - I need to stop being baited on topics/subjects like these.

I can get cranky and cantankerous over some things, which in the overall scheme of cruising, may be minor... LOL

Alas, I do recognize that I Am not the one paying for these individuals sailing and they have the right, as first world cruisers, to complain about any and everything we pay for and decide what we are entitled to for what we paid/promised/desire/believe.... etc..

bon voyage my friend, bon voyage and have fun! Thanks for your insight.

Edited by Bo1953

Could it be that/those e-mails did not make it to the top of list of 'must read/digest' when arriving to their in-box? Could it be that none of them got the memo but through prodding from on-board guests a follow up was made and confirmed, before the first port dining disaster happened...

I cannot imagine all of the emails they get before and during any sailing on many issues related and unrelated to that cruise. Just imagine how many passengers get access to their email addresses and start sending.

We want them to service us in every possible way how we believe it should be delivered. With so many people wanting and needing to contact them and vie for attention on 'special' challenges/issues at any given moment, it is no wonder things slip through the cracks, good or bad, they do.

It takes a special crew member to work with it all, that is for sure..

:D

bon voyage

Seriously?

This is so wrong. How many hotel director email addresses do you have? GRMs? You send them the policy, they discriminate it. What if this was a safety policy, would that get buried? They must have a way to communicate with staff. It should not take weeks to communicate. Airlines and hotels can roll out a new policy, train thousands at call centers in advance of changes and implement it correctly on day one.

We enjoy Ceelebrity, we know how to get them to rise to the occasion. Their communication of THEIR policies to the ship is amateurish at best.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Indeed, I can only comment on Millennium as we're currently sailing on her, but here the BO5 staff and guest relations team are unaware of the announcement from the Celebrity Official account. The guest relations team are very aware of cruise critic and are aware of this very thread.

However as previously stated, they take their direction directly from Miami. They have been advised B05 is only complimentary for PH and RS guests. I suspect if someone else in Miami had taken the call, or picked up an email we may have got a different answer.

Celebrity X consistently, inconsistent! :)

Anyway, I made it very, very clear to guest relations that the issue was not the $20 cover charges every time we eat there, but the principle that X is not delivering what is advertised. The lady actually understood and saw my point completely. I made it clear that because X had not honoured their part of the bargain then we would not honour ours as it's a matter of principle. I agreed to pay the cover fee and then responded in kind. So it's over as far as we're concerned. My posts are really to warn others that the official X poster cannot be trusted and that you may very well be embarrassed and charged if dining there if sailing in SS or CS class.

Edited by Mynki

Indeed, I can only comment on Millennium as we're currently sailing on her, but here the BO5 staff and guest relations team are unaware of the announcement from the Celebrity Official account. The guest relations team are very aware of cruise critic and are aware of this very thread.

However as previously stated, they take their direction directly from Miami. They have been advised B05 is only complimentary for PH and RS guests. I suspect if someone else in Miami had taken the call, or picked up an email we may have got a different answer.

Anyway, I made it very, very clear to guest relations that the issue was not the $20 cover charges every time we eat there, but the principle that X is not delivering what is advertised. The lady actually understood and saw my point completely. I made it clear that because X had not honoured their part of the bargain then we would not honour ours as it's a matter of principle. I agreed to pay the cover fee and then responded in kind. So it's over as far as we're concerned. My posts are really to warn others that the official X poster cannot be trusted and that you may very well be embarrassed and charged if dining there if sailing in SS or CS class.

insanity

Have a look at the Dear Celebrity cruises thread.

Have a look at the Dear Celebrity cruises thread.

Hi Gordon

Thanks for the heads up. There has been a development. Yesterday our waiters told us they expected Luminae to be open today. We docked in Phuket this afternoon and were not due to disembark until 1.00 pm, however it transpired that today is classed as a port day and Luminae was in fact closed, despite the late arrival time.

I spoke to out maître d', Vladimir this morning and broached the subject of changing Luminae schedules and confusion on this very forum. He too is well aware of Cruise Critic. I explained that BO5 appears to be complimentary on other ships for all suite guests on port days. He advised that he would raise the issue with his manager and in turn with the hotel director.

By the time I'd walked up two decks, kicked off my shoes and cleaned my teeth the phone rang. Vladimir advised that if other ships were offering complimentary lunches in BO5 to ALL suite guests them the hotel director would do the same.

So, our thanks to Vladimir and the hotel director. We had already decided that we'd head to BO5 today regardless. So we arrive at BO5, order, pass the waitress our silver sea pass cards and are reminded about the cover charge. I just smiled and said "no problem". :D I wasn't going to let a niggling little issue annoy us on what is proving to be a good cruise.

When the time came to pay, we were then advised that there was no charge! Communication had been made. It transpires that all suite guests can now enjoy a complimentary lunch in BO5 and that any previous charges will be refunded here on the Millennium.

So... All I can say is that if other CS and SS guests are affected, raise it with your maître d' or hotel director. I should have done earlier when advised by fellow CC members, so my apologies to them.

I did advise the maître d' to have their hotel director take a look at the forum whilst explaining there are complaints and Celebrity's communication could be improved, suggesting that they put a confirmation out after communicating this with the rest of the fleet.

To those considering trying Luminae, I'll add that the food is good, a genuine step up from Blu etc. The service excellent, the staff are attentive and work very hard to ensure you are happy and there is no waiting to be seated etc. The lunch menu is a little limited, though ordering from the MDR regular menu is not an issue and they have even altered dishes to our request.