Disembark in Vancouver - How early flight home ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

We will be cruising Alaska on NCL. We will be able to disembark with the earliest group allowed (nice "suite perk").

The ship is scheduled to arrive into Vancouver at 8:00 AM.

Would like to be able to take a 11:00 AM flight home (instead of waiting for the

2:30 flight).

The last time a similar question was asked on this board was in 2007 - and several of the responses included concern with early flights due to hold-ups in Customs/Immigration.

Does anyone have recent experience disembarking in Vancouver - and getting to the airport from the cruise-port ?

THANK YOU

I would plan ontaking the later flight. Trying to catch the 11:00 flight would mean everything would have to align perfectly in order to catch that flight. It is about 30-45 minute trip to the airport with no problems. If you go for the early flight have a backup plan.

If it is a weekend, it can be very busy! I always use 1 pm (or later) as a guide in Vancouver. Sometimes I am there just in time and other times I have an hour to spare.

I have encountered very long Customs lines in YVR.

Edited by Coral

You need a 2 hour window at Vancouver airport. So ideally you need to be there around 9a. Most direct method getting there is by Sky train.

With you claiming "earliest group" you mean self disembark? Or are you thinking- in the first "group" with having to pick up your bags? ONLY the self disembark, in my opinion (which you don't need to be in a suite).

You'll have to haul your bags to the street and walk a couple blocks to the Skytrain.

I think you can see that the time is very tight, with a chance of you not making this flight.

This question is asked every year, yes several times since 2007. The best answer is don't book a flight prior noon. Some people will say you can make an earlier flight, but it would mean being off the first off the ship and rushing to the airport, way to stressful.

You need a 2 hour window at Vancouver airport. So ideally you need to be there around 9a. Most direct method getting there is by Sky train.

With you claiming "earliest group" you mean self disembark? Or are you thinking- in the first "group" with having to pick up your bags? ONLY the self disembark, in my opinion (which you don't need to be in a suite).

You'll have to haul your bags to the street and walk a couple blocks to the Skytrain.

I think you can see that the time is very tight, with a chance of you not making this flight.

How long is the "drag" with bags, time-wise?

So..... if we do self-assist, we can quite likely make a 12:45 pm flight? Does this sound like a "safe" option?

Thanks in advance for your advice! I will pack light, and I can pull my own suitcase.... so I am hoping this might be a good option. :)

So..... if we do self-assist, we can quite likely make a 12:45 pm flight? Does this sound like a "safe" option?

We were on the Radiance of the Seas in June and took a 12:45 p.m. from Vancouver back to Texas and we made it fine and even had time to eat a late breakfast/early lunch!

We were just off the Radiance in Vancouver this past September....Glad we had a 1:15pm flight back to LAX....With a flight time change Alaska Air made a bit more than a month prior to our cruise (I booked my original air 8 months out) they would have had my return flight at 10:30am no way was I going to take that chance...I changed airports from Burbank to LAX to get the 1:15pm flight home...so always be aware that flight times can change...take the later flight...not only disembarking in Canada Place but YVR can be a mess...It was for us and we were the last cruise of the season....and couldn't believe how slow things went at YVR.

We were on the Radiance of the Seas in June and took a 12:45 p.m. from Vancouver back to Texas and we made it fine and even had time to eat a late breakfast/early lunch!

Awesome! That is the last non-stop flight of the day back to Minneapolis/St. Paul. I would rather do non-stop if I can!

Thank you!

Thanks in advance for your advice! I will pack light, and I can pull my own suitcase.... so I am hoping this might be a good option. :)

Except with a rare problem, this time is very doable.

How long is the "drag" with bags, time-wise?

It's a long walk through the terminal to the street. There is an elevator up to the Pan Pacific, then about 2 more blocks worth of walking, a combo of street level and below ground.

So you have to have the ability without any significant limits.

It's a long walk through the terminal to the street. There is an elevator up to the Pan Pacific, then about 2 more blocks worth of walking, a combo of street level and below ground.

So you have to have the ability without any significant limits.

At this moment in time, I have no limits. :) Will take that under advisement closer to the date.

Thanks Budget Queen! I booked my 12:45 pm flight and will do everything I can to disembark smoothly and quickly. :)