Current Concierges continued discussion

Spoke to Felix Vargas in the CL on the Indy today and he said he was going home in January and be back end of February. We cruise March 5 and he stated he should be back by then but no exact dates at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is that permanent??? Or just that one cruise due to large numbers of upper tier C&A members?

If permanent...I will miss the CL use (especially if the darn coffee machine is broke in the DL :() And very frustrated that D+ have been kicked out of the CL on RH. I have two future cruises booked on board. :o

I hope future RH cruisers will post whether this is permanent or just for large crowds of D+ and up.

I got off the Adventure on November 4. Maria Altan became the Diamond Lounge on September 20. She came from Guest Services on the Oasis. Maria is an exceptional young woman and is doing a great job as Concierge.

Sucell Anderson is the suite concierge in the old concierge lounge location. However diamond plus members are still allowed in the lounge.

Maria told me that Ryno Stapp is on another ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for the information -- I updated the Google Doc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Spoke to Felix Vargas in the CL on the Indy today and he said he was going home in January and be back end of February. We cruise March 5 and he stated he should be back by then but no exact dates at this time.

Thanks -- I updated the Google Doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

I hope future RH cruisers will post whether this is permanent or just for large crowds of D+ and up.

I have long wondered how and when such a change would take place. I always envisioned something abrupt like how it was handled when we were kicked out of the lounge as Diamonds. But it feels like Royal is taking a gradual approach this time. Sort of death by a thousand cuts. Or like the old story of how to boil a frog. I think that they are using a 2 pronged approach. Changing right away on the new/large ships and as crowding occurs on the smaller ones.

We will be on the Rhapsody on 1/28/2018 and again on 2/25/2018. I see your cruise on Rhapsody is between ours. In any event, I will post if our first cruise has a CL or SL.

We are currently on the Grandeur, also Vision class. She has both a DL and CL.

Thanks! I really have to assume that situation was due to extremely large numbers of higher tier C&A members on the TA.

~ I wanted to thank you Sherri for updating the list as well as everyone else who provided updated information to make it all possible ! ~ Is there anyone on the Jewel of the Sea's right now who could give Diego Tripaldi leaving RCI on 2-25-2018 a huge HUG from the Lennon Family / Me ~ We have met some Amazing People over the years while cruising , Staff & Other Cruisers alike !

Diego Tripaldi is one of a handful of the people that has kept us wanting to cruise with RCCL ! ~ Sorry to read he's leaving !

And I'm unsure who Alan is , replacing Ligia Kandler ! Guess we will find out in a few weeks from now !

Or if anyone here would like to share any information they may have it would be greatly appreciated .

Hope everyone is having a good day ! :)

J.L.

Thanks! I really have to assume that situation was due to extremely large numbers of higher tier C&A members on the TA.

You are most likely correct. Do you know how many D+ were onboard the Rhapsody?

On the Oct. 28th Grandeur Cruise, we have over 200 D+ and 27 P (also over 400 D). The CL is available for D+, P, and Suites.

You are most likely correct. Do you know how many D+ were onboard the Rhapsody?

On the Oct. 28th Grandeur Cruise, we have over 200 D+ and 27 P (also over 400 D). The CL is available for D+, P, and Suites.

No idea. Just know that TA cruises are always upper tier heavy. :confused:

I have long wondered how and when such a change would take place. I always envisioned something abrupt like how it was handled when we were kicked out of the lounge as Diamonds. But it feels like Royal is taking a gradual approach this time. Sort of death by a thousand cuts. Or like the old story of how to boil a frog. I think that they are using a 2 pronged approach. Changing right away on the new/large ships and as crowding occurs on the smaller ones.

Clint - Agree with your post. We got to use the CL lounge on the Freedom when we made Diamond. It was then quite a disappointment when we could no longer use the CL.

f735d7900ae4cf4ffd83efc892b356ff.jpg

Hoping to see you and Zandra again on an upcoming cruise. been a long time since the Vision and Grandeur cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the opposite holds true? We will be in a Grand suite, not yet a Diamond level, can we use the DL?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but no. The DL (Diamond Lounge) is reserved for C&A members only that have attained that level and above. There have been some reports that suites cards are working at the door, but usually the DL concierge will come around and introduce themselves, plus sometimes the waiters will ask to see your sea pass card that has your C&A level on it that first night.

You will, however, be able to use the CL (concierge lounge) and the SL (Suites Lounge) on ships that have them.

~ I wanted to thank you Sherri for updating the list as well as everyone else who provided updated information to make it all possible ! ~ Is there anyone on the Jewel of the Sea's right now who could give Diego Tripaldi leaving RCI on 2-25-2018 a huge HUG from the Lennon Family / Me ~ We have met some Amazing People over the years while cruising , Staff & Other Cruisers alike !

Diego Tripaldi is one of a handful of the people that has kept us wanting to cruise with RCCL ! ~ Sorry to read he's leaving !

And I'm unsure who Alan is , replacing Ligia Kandler ! Guess we will find out in a few weeks from now !

Or if anyone here would like to share any information they may have it would be greatly appreciated .

Hope everyone is having a good day ! :)

J.L.

Diego is a great Concierge.

You could use the email link on the Google Doc to communicate with him. Alternatively, you could post on the Jewel's roll call for his last or next to last cruise. You could also post on the RCI board to find people who will be in RH's CL in February.

Alan del Fierro has been a concierge on a few ships. I think he was in Mariner's CL a few years ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

One of my partners for this thread and the Google Doc just got off of Oasis and updated the Google Doc.

CL -- Federico Taylor until 11/12/2017 (back on 1/21/2018) - Lyli de Leon until 1/21/2018 (back to DL 3/2018, exact date not determined); Claudine Benjamin back on 11/12/2017 to replace Federico

DL -- Beatrice Chirmus until March - exact day not determined. Lyli de Leon will cover the DL while Beatrice is on vacation.

-

Diego is a great Concierge.

You could use the email link on the Google Doc to communicate with him. Alternatively, you could post on the Jewel's roll call for his last or next to last cruise. You could also post on the RCI board to find people who will be in RH's CL in February.

Alan del Fierro has been a concierge on a few ships. I think he was in Mariner's CL a few years ago.

~ Thanks , Will email him or post on the Jewel Board / Who knows ! We may just book another cruise on the Jewel before he departs .

I realize there's a lot of people who come and go weekly or B2B ~ However when we met him ! He was Genuine an Real and treated Me an My Family the way one would hope to be treated ~ We have met other Concierges & Cruise Personnel in the past that we have come to use Diego Tripaldi as a Guide Line for what it is we expect as far as service an what a Concierge / Cruise Represenative should be like no matter what the circumstances !

Thanks Sherri for the information on ways to contact him!

Have A Nice Day All !

J.L.

Just out of curiosity...since I have been simply sailing in JS cabins upon retiring, when do most of you get your email letter from the CL/SL concierge prior to boarding when you are booked in a GS or above?

A week? 2 weeks? :confused:

Normally 5-7 days before sailing should get mine next week