LAFFNVEGAS "Live" from the Norwegian Jewel

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa,

Glad to hear Stephen is your HD - I agree he is the best . Yes, the staff on the Jewel is special. The service on the Jewel equaled - or exceeded- anything we ever experienced on HAL. I can't imagine what it will be like when we are in the Haven.

Marion

Good morning from the absolutely beautiful Norwegian Jewel, I had planned to go to the spa this morning to spend a couple hours but it ended up that with losing one hour of sleep last night that we slept until 9 o'clock this morning. So new plan is my relaxing routine of sipping coffee and reading CC and Facebook. Then I will get showered and dressed and do lunch here on the ship prior to catching the tender for our excursion.

I think we will go to the Garden Garden Cafe, I am always impressed with what all is offered there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple questions if you don't mind

1) what does ncl do for the meet and greet? Is it arranged by the cruise line or does someone have to request it?

2) is there any way to equate the cabin type you are in to Hal? Would it be like a Neptune suite, signature suite etc. How does pricing compare to Hal. I'm thinking to a vista or sinature ship not the older ship. Thx.

The ship we are on is the same size as the Vista Class, same age, a bit more passengers, a LOT more crew (just over 1100) no Hal ship has that many.

The cabin is. Category SF on the aft. Size wise the same as a Signature Suite maybe just a tiny bit smaller. But this is a full suite with far more suite amenities than Hal offers.

Price is most of the time for this category the same as category SY on Hal.

I book this cabin a year ago it with NCL specials rebooked to get Unlimited Beverage, Unlimited Dining, free Gratuities and Shore excursion credit. And still was slightly less than any Signature Suite 7 day under Explore4.

Good example the under Explore4 for Oct 2016 comparing Westerdam to the Jewel same week the SY was the same exact price as category SF on the Jewel but with the suite had all the packages offered.

We just got off the Jewel yesterday! Hanno is so super nice and you will absolutely love the Hotel Director Steven... he may be the BEST that I have ever had. Have a brilliant cruise this week! We miss it already!

Agreed. Steven was an incredible HD. There are 2 on HAL I consider at the same level... Lisa will know who I mean :) Well... 1 that's still with HAL but still...

Edited by InTheWASide

The ship we are on is the same size as the Vista Class, same age, a bit more passengers, a LOT more crew (just over 1100) no Hal ship has that many.

The cabin is. Category SF on the aft. Size wise the same as a Signature Suite maybe just a tiny bit smaller. But this is a full suite with far more suite amenities than Hal offers.

Price is most of the time for this category the same as category SY on Hal.

I book this cabin a year ago it with NCL specials rebooked to get Unlimited Beverage, Unlimited Dining, free Gratuities and Shore excursion credit. And still was slightly less than any Signature Suite 7 day under Explore4.

Good example the under Explore4 for Oct 2016 comparing Westerdam to the Jewel same week the SY was the same exact price as category SF on the Jewel but with the suite had all the packages offered.

Thank you for taking time to answer. Interesting about the difference in crew. Enjoy cabo.

Hola!!! We made into Cabo earlier than I expected and we have enough time to have lunch at one of our favorite called Eco Bar. Love the Margaritas here they use a very high quality tequila it takes like Anejo not sure I spelled that right but a very smooth sweet tequila. Free wifi and a great view. We were last here Dec 2013

Lunch here is amazing [emoji106]🏻ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447184440.972413.jpg.04d59058deb7fa4745c8439802c48917.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447184377.735869.jpg.d12a45d7ac94ac7e9ce2c19680ffd062.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447184397.328953.jpg.30bd22cd12ffb91194096d77b5f5c0a2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447184412.920876.jpg.395e9b707da35041b235fec93e09c57c.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447184426.556976.jpg.ad8f4dd5fc3427ba43bb9e492f4d88fd.jpg

Hola!!! We made into Cabo earlier than I expected and we have enough time to have lunch at one of our favorite called Eco Bar. Love the Margaritas here they use a very high quality tequila it takes like Anejo not sure I spelled that right but a very smooth sweet tequila. Free wifi and a great view. We were last here Dec 2013

Lunch here is amazing [emoji106]🏻[ATTACH]368171[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368172[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368173[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368174[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368175[/ATTACH]

Looks great! It's right in the Marina? Will have to stop in after we visit Lovers Beach

Hola again, still in Cabo but back on the ship. We have been to Cabo many times with Hal and once with RCI but have to admit Cabo definitely has the edge especially how they handle tendering and priority tendering.

The tour was also the nicest Cabo Coastal we have ever been on. Unlimited drinks, very nice huge catamaran not at all crowded. [emoji106]🏻

I wanted to post a bunch of picks but the wifi is not cooperating [emoji45]

Tonight we have dinner reservation in the Brazilian Restaurant called Moderno. Not sure I will each much for all the meat but will fill up on salad bar [emoji6]

Talk about a small world. My wife and are will be on the same ship same suite, Jewel 10666, next week. We are first time cruisers and really appreciate all the good info you veteran cruisers provide.

Wow that is great, since you have nothing to compare it too I will just say you will really enjoy it. We have been on more cruises than we can count and this is our favorite all time cabin. It is not the largest we have had but it is comfortable. We love the balcony.

I am just not having any luck uploading photos in Tapatalk here on the ship but I will try post again tomorrow.

Good Evening from the Beautiful Norwegian Jewel. This will be a short wrap up of today.

This week is gong by way too fast, we really need another week on board but sounds like MinnestoaMel would like me to move out [emoji6]

Dinner was as I expected I had just soup and Salad Bar and a glass of Riesling. I find the meat way too salty in Moderno and a bit on the tough side so totally passed on the meat but Tom did have it. I am just not a fan but Tom wanted to go. I really planned to go to the spa but just too tired. The heat and higher humidity just wore me out. It would not be bad to walk all the way forward but it's that walk back after you are totally relaxed that does me in.

While eating dinner the ships office kept paging two people to please call in. Last tender was at 6:30 not sure if the two made it on board. We left about 7:10 but went very slow leaving, slower than normal. Being total dark out one of the resorts had a fantastic fireworks display that we watched from Moderno so that was an added plus to the evening.

If you noticed I have not mentioned shows. Now I can tell you what is performing what night but these same shows have been on the ships for the past 5 years. I lost count how many times I have seen Band on the Run and Cirque while both are excellent we just end up skipping. Although I am hearing some new shows are coming to the Jewel VERY SOON [emoji6]

Great live reporting.

I have been to PV many times.

How do you like the other ports?

I'm booked for Jan 2017

We both love all three ports, we have specials we like to do in all of them so it makes for a good familiar cruise for us. Br a lot of planning just doing what we know we like to do. [emoji2][emoji106]🏻

We both love all three ports, we have specials we like to do in all of them so it makes for a good familiar cruise for us. Br a lot of planning just doing what we know we like to do. [emoji2][emoji106]🏻

Loving your review! We will be on the Jewel in December and it's our first time to these ports. Also enjoying the great pictures. Enjoy your week:D

Lisa I agree with everything you are saying. My wife and I have switched all our business over to Norwegian after sailing exclusively with HAL. We find NCL to be (service, hospitality, and ship cleanliness wise) where HAL used to be in 2008ish.