Royal Caribbean Website is terrible!!!

Torinate

I can't seem to get into the Booking section. Been trying since yesterday! When I select the cruise I want and click on "Book Now" it goes to the initial booking page and indicates it is "Loading" but that's as far as it gets. I've waited as it "Loaded" for up to 20 minutes and NOTHING! Tried in a couple of different browsers with the same result. This is beyond annoying.

Tried all day yesterday...no luck. I get as far as book now and it goes to a blank page with some headings on it. Now today, same thing. :mad: I honestly thought that the website got a bit better and hadn't had any problems until yesterday. BTW- my son, who is a web developer, says it is one of the worst sites to navigate.

After using Internet Explorer for my entire life I just stopped using them because of all the trouble I was having accessing ALL websites. I switched to Mozilla Firefox this summer. Life has been grand since this summer. This may not have anything to do with the problem you are having accessing RCCL but try switching and see if that helps.

I have been online with RCI for nearly 15 years. I have never found the website to be down or unresponsive. Most of you that complain have an issue with your own computer/tablet/smartphone. Don't blame RCI for your technical problems.

Hardly a week goes by without a thread complaining about the problems people have, using their website. They can't all be wrong....I just did a forum search, here are some examples :- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=78579877

after using internet explorer for my entire life i just stopped using them because of all the trouble i was having accessing all websites. I switched to mozilla firefox this summer. Life has been grand since this summer. This may not have anything to do with the problem you are having accessing rccl but try switching and see if that helps.

i do believe that you hit the nail on the head....it's a browser problem.

100% not a browser problem

I have tried chrome, IE,Mozilla,,, and safari each with it's own set of problems.

perhaps some people just get lucky or whatever ip they are getting to the server on......

trust me, No one wants to have issues.

Besides. All the other cruise lines and travel agents website work fine for me, so it's clearly not that hard to make a website that works on any browser......

it's a joke

Thats interesting that smarcbie wants to tell everyone that the problem with the website is the browser. IN this post by Smarcbie from 2013 they talk about how the website did not automatically cancel his reservation for non payment. ( so clearly the NON FUNCTIONING website has caused them issues) LOL

their post..."""For some reason, RCL never (automatically) canceled the 3rd cabin, even though the only payment made was a $500 deposit. It's still listed under my account.

Yes, I will call them ASAP. My primary concern was that I would be responsible for paying 50% of the cruise. Of course, I would also love if I got back some of the $500 deposit to"""""

100% not a browser problem

I have tried chrome, IE,Mozilla,,, and safari each with it's own set of problems.

perhaps some people just get lucky or whatever ip they are getting to the server on......

trust me, No one wants to have issues.

Besides. All the other cruise lines and travel agents website work fine for me, so it's clearly not that hard to make a website that works on any browser......

it's a joke

Yes but have you tried Firefox? I haven't because I don't want to load another browser on my new computer....just wondering what is everyone using, especially those who have gained access.

Yes but have you tried Firefox? I haven't because I don't want to load another browser on my new computer....just wondering what is everyone using, especially those who have gained access.

Everyone seems to try different browsers. It's clearly an RCCL IT issue that they have never been able to resolve and instead of trying to fix one version of the website.. they just keep completely changing it burying the issues even deeper.

Almost every time I visit I have a problem. I use another website like Travelocity most times. It is generally the same price and quicker.

I agree thats what is the most frustrating thing. The TA website are accessing the same information ( for the most part, minus the my cruises , etc) and yet you can easily navigate them, find room availability WAY EASIER than you can on royal, especially with the new site... So I cant understand why someone does not wake up and fix it. Simply put. If the ceo of RCCL tried to book his own cruise on his own website, instantly he would fix this problem. Unless of course they are trying to push everyone to the travel agents, like they do the drink packages. That way they could cut 1/2 of their call center staff and let the TA do all the work for them.

It's just bad. Thank god I just call club royale and let them deal with it for me. but simply going on line to do my set sail is a challenge. I bought the soda package for someone travelling with me and that was a week ago and I still have not gotten the confirmation email. UGHHHH

"Hello [MY TRAVEL AGENT NAME],

I am sorry to bother you, but I believe RCI is having another sale and I would love to check how my current booking(s) look, unfortunatelly their site is not usable.......

"

Is how all my emails to my TA start. And no, I only have over 17 years of experience in IT, so it's not my computer. lol.

I have firefox and that doesn't work either.

I've been on the phone with C&A last week and yesterday about their internet problems with cruisers trying to use various parts of their website. We use Apple and PC computers with various browsers, and we have had problems with all of them. C&A indicated they have had problems themselves with the glitches. They logged into my profile, and they had the same problems as other cruisers and Pinnacle members have been telling them about for months, as well as, the new prblems. They got the Resolution Department on the phone with me as a three way conference call. Even the Resolution Department had problems when they tried to log on, etc. Of course, both the C&A Department and the Resolution Department are unhappy about the problems. The IT Department has a lot of explaining to both of them.

I work in IT and have responsibility for parts of a public website. We test and test every possible browser we can to ensure when we release something it works in all cases.

How a company can only have their site work under a few specific conditions amazes me. And to top it off they are probably loosing bookings because of it. People try the website and realize oops no good, get frustrated and move on. I thought they were looking for those new cruisers which are probably the first to move on.

I work in IT and have responsibility for parts of a public website. We test and test every possible browser we can to ensure when we release something it works in all cases.

How a company can only have their site work under a few specific conditions amazes me. And to top it off they are probably loosing bookings because of it. People try the website and realize oops no good, get frustrated and move on. I thought they were looking for those new cruisers which are probably the first to move on.

correct thats the whole point of the BOGO hohoho, no sale , super sale, weekend sale, wow sale, wow it's another sale, it's not really a sale but we call it a sale , sale.....

thats the point is to take advantage of new cruisers who dont understand the hocus pocus of their pricing structure. So they suck them in and then they push them away because they cant actually book anythingl.

again, it's a shame, I love RCCL 100% my preferred cruise line, just wish they would hire someone qualified to oversee it operations....

As a shareholder I'm pissed and embarrassed at the RCL's website. The original one was much easier and less onerous to get to the desired dates, itineraries and ships. This version simply SUCKS. Every time I enter a parameter it refreshes itself and so on, and so on. In addition, I haven't been able to get to the selected results since last night--the screen freezes. What a waste of IT resources.