No more door organizers

javafish

I started using an organizer when we sailed on the Ecstasy and later on Sensation. There is very little storage in the bathrooms on this class of ship....or there wasn't in 2007. We were surprised when we sailed on the Triumph for the first time at the large vanity and shelves.

Well, that stinks. I always take my organizer. I cannot stand clutter or things sitting around, like toiletries on the counter top or on the desk top. I always hang it over the door in the bathroom, except on the Breeze, would not work, could not close the door so hung it in the closet.

Fortunately, mine has a hanger that attaches also so will still be able to take it and hang in closet or on the robe hook.:D

Used the door organizer once. Then I started using a plastic shoe container, $ 1.00'from the dollar store. Packed the items I need in it. Like small stuff, nail polish toothpaste, comb brush, etc. one for me one for hubby. Then when we unpack put it on the shelf under the sink.perfect. Use it then close it up and put back below the sink. I'm a bathroom neatnik. Nothing on counters.

While some of you "never quite understood the need for over the door organizers", "have no use for an organizer", or "don't understand the need for one either", there are plenty of people who like the convenience. We personally travel with many of our friends and family, most of whom use some type of hanging organizer for their "stuff".

I appreciate the OP posting this information because sometimes we miss the little changes, and while we can usually improvise, adapt and overcome (Happy 240th Birthday USMC) being forewarned is forearmed, and information is power. The new rule says "Do not use adhesives (such as tape or glue) and over-the-door hanging organizers as they can damage the door."

The rule specifically addresses "over-the-door hanging organizers", not "hanging organizers".

Totally agree!! I, too, hate clutter all of the place and LOVE my over the door hanging organizer! I put everything in that thing! It doesn't take up much space in the luggage at all. It's plastic and folds flat! Not difficult!

I'll figure out a way to hang it on our March cruise that's for sure! I'll hang it in the closet as others suggested!

Thank you OP for the heads up!!

While some of you "never quite understood the need for over the door organizers", "have no use for an organizer", or "don't understand the need for one either", there are plenty of people who like the convenience. We personally travel with many of our friends and family, most of whom use some type of hanging organizer for their "stuff".

I appreciate the OP posting this information because sometimes we miss the little changes, and while we can usually improvise, adapt and overcome (Happy 240th Birthday USMC) being forewarned is forearmed, and information is power. The new rule says "Do not use adhesives (such as tape or glue) and over-the-door hanging organizers as they can damage the door."

The rule specifically addresses "over-the-door hanging organizers", not "hanging organizers".

Rod in Az., you left out part of the information.

For the full information, go here to read the rule regarding the over-the-door organizer.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/kw/over-the-door%20organizer

Over-the-door organizers ARE allowed, but they have to be fire retardant. Not sure how the cabin stewards will be able to determine that.

Edited by beachbum53

I've used them in the past but it's easier for me to hide the clutter ( deodorant,etc in one of the drawers where it's handy) I do take my own shampoo, conditioner and body wash because I don't care for Carnivals. I try to keep things at a minimum. I've discovered what we REALLY use and what we don't. If I take an organizer it's an invitation for me to bring more junk I don't need. I can tell you I do door decorate and use ticky tak like we use in our classrooms. Comes off easy!

The OPs post had it the way it originally appeared yesterday. It seems Carnival decided to, or needed to, clarify further. I know the door decoration group I'm in on the F site was asking for more clarification about being able to put stuff only on the doors now and not the walls (thank goodness it's officially only the doors, the wall decorations were getting so out of hand).

Rod in Az., you left out part of the information.

For the full information, go here to read the rule regarding the over-the-door organizer.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/kw/over-the-door%20organizer

Over-the-door organizers ARE allowed, but they have to be fire retardant. Not sure how the cabin stewards will be able to determine that.

Actually, I didn't. The link you pointed to is now changed from what it was at the time I made my comments. I think we can all agree that Carnival's "roll-out" of new rules on their website is almost always a "work in progress".

This is what was on that same page last night at 8:25 (MST):

Use only fire retardant materials.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.

Do not use adhesives, (such as tape or glue) and over-the-door hanging organizers as they can damage the door.

The information I posted was "cut-and-paste" directly from the page that was up at the time.

Based on the link provided above, here's what I read:

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom)

This is NOT a ban on the organizers. It just sets the criteria for their use.

With this information, it looks like we can still use ours in the manner that we do. Now back to your regular programming. :D

The more I read the statement, I'm thinking that organizers you hang on the hook in the bathroom would be fine. Mine is made of cloth and hangs on a regular clothes hanger. It would be no different than hanging a dress in the bathroom. And I can understand those that go over the door and then you try to shut the door.....possible doing some damage. I agree with whoever posted that stewards probably won't be able to tell the difference. You cannot tell the difference in fire retardant fabric and non. I'm really thinking this was aimed at those who hang on the stateroom door whether inside or outside and am betting it has a lot to do with door decorations. I've seen some really extravagant ones.

Hi guys,

As beachbum53 says, they are allowed, but they have to be fire retardant, they can't damage the door in any way (maybe better to hang them somehow with magnets or adhesive strips?), and they have to be hung inside the cabins (not in the hallways or on the outside of stateroom doors).

Cruise Critic's editorial staff confirmed it directly with Carnival PR. It also appears on John Heald's Facebook page.

Happy organizing!