Ice Buckets, Wakeup Calls, and Naked

Dogs Friend

Are there ice buckets in each ocean view cabin of the Carnival Elation? If yes, does the room steward fill it up for me as needed or do I fill them up? If I fill it up, where do I have to go to get ice. I'm on the the Upper Deck 6.

Also, does the ship offer automated wakeup calls like a hotel does or do I need to bring my own bedside clock?

I have a ocean view room and would like to keep my curtains open while I'm lounging around the room and while I'm sleeping. Is there any reason I shouldn't keep the curtains open while I'm in the room, even if I'm walking around naked? :eek:

Thanks!

Dogs Friend

Are there ice buckets in each ocean view cabin of the Carnival Elation? If yes, does the room steward fill it up for me as needed or do I fill them up? If I fill it up, where do I have to go to get ice. I'm on the the Upper Deck 6.

Also, does the ship offer automated wakeup calls like a hotel does or do I need to bring my own bedside clock?

I have a ocean view room and would like to keep my curtains open while I'm lounging around the room and while I'm sleeping. Is there any reason I shouldn't keep the curtains open while I'm in the room, even if I'm walking around naked? :eek:

Thanks!

Dogs Friend

The big issue with curtains and naked, is when you wake up in port and your window is in line with a building:eek:

Oh yes listen ...when you are at sea...hey be naked in your cabin all you want...but when you are heading into port find some clothing.:D Or some painter hanging off the side of the ship might get a surprise!

Ice you can usually order from room service ( ask for a huge bucket not the baby dinky bucket) I tip 2 or 3 bucks..the room steward can and should be able to to do it but sometimes they don't always do it.

And I'd bring my own clock! :)

You can ask for a wake up call at passenger services.

They are very good about calling on time for you.

You can see the time on the tv in your cabin.

Of course you can bring your own clock if you wish also.

No one will care if you walk around naked in your cabin.

You ask the cabin steward for ice and tell them you want it kept filled up.

Thanks!

Dogs Friend

Just tell your steward you require ice, and he will supply the bucket and ice.

You can program wake up calls in your phone.

You can keep your curtain open, but there's always a chance you may be parked next to another ship at the same height, but you will know that immediately. Also make sure there is no walkway outside your outside room. By hey do exist.

Embarkation day catch the steward and ask for ice or you have to call room service. It melts fairly quickly, gets refilled at nightly turn down (if you get that!). I take a small collapsible cooler because I use a lot of ice and it gets filled 2x/day. I put it on the floor of the shower as it condenses. And the small ice bucket on the counter too. The "beer in a bucket" bucket will also condense and get everything wet.

I've been on Cruise Critic for many years and have read many stories of people coming out of the bathroom after a shower only to find themselves in port next to another ship with people looking into the cabin. Swore that'd never happen to me. Well, eat my words. We pulled into Cozumel and no other ship was there so when I came out of the bathroom stark naked sure enough another ship was pulling in and I was on show for all!

I've been on Cruise Critic for many years and have read many stories of people coming out of the bathroom after a shower only to find themselves in port next to another ship with people looking into the cabin. Swore that'd never happen to me. Well, eat my words. We pulled into Cozumel and no other ship was there so when I came out of the bathroom stark naked sure enough another ship was pulling in and I was on show for all!

I've been there myself lol! It's even worse at night when the lights in your cabin illuminate everything from the cabin door to your balcony and everyone on lido from the other ship gets a show. Close your eyes kids!

Are there ice buckets in each ocean view cabin of the Carnival Elation? If yes, does the room steward fill it up for me as needed or do I fill them up? If I fill it up, where do I have to go to get ice. I'm on the the Upper Deck 6. You now have to request the ice be filled from your cabin steward, it isn't automatic anymore. I've never experienced a cabin steward not keeping one full. We now bring a soft sided cooler and they do an excellent job of keeping it full for us.

Also, does the ship offer automated wakeup calls like a hotel does or do I need to bring my own bedside clock? Yes they do. We've used it many times, though now i just use my cell phone.

I have a ocean view room and would like to keep my curtains open while I'm lounging around the room and while I'm sleeping. Is there any reason I shouldn't keep the curtains open while I'm in the room, even if I'm walking around naked? :eek: Like others have said, fine at sea but can get you in an embarrassing situation in port! :D

Thanks!

Dogs Friend

Have fun!

Our second cruise on the Pride we had an obstructed view cabin on deck

5. We lucked out and the life boat right below our balcony was the flat

part of the boat, so we were able to look straight out with no obstruction.

Well one day I came out of the shower and when I walked into the cabin

to get dressed there was a crew member standing on top of the life boat

changing a rope. As he turned around we looked at each other face to

face. I have never booked that type of cabin again. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Thanks so much for all the answers. Y'all are great! I will make sure I don't have the curtains open except while we are at sea. I'd sure hate to give someone a view they would never forget (in a bad way!). :D I can see the headlines now, "Person Psychologically Scarred for Life After Accidental Viewing on Cruise Ship." :eek::D

I like the idea of taking a small foldable cooler in my checked luggage to keep filled up with ice in my room. I have back problems and often have to put an ice pack on my back at night. I'm taking big heavy duty zip lock bags and plan on putting ice in them when I need an ice pack.

I'll try to find a small alarm clock but if I can't at least I know now that I can get a wake up call.

Again, thanks for all the help! I love this forum. I almost feel like I've already been on a cruise before just because I've learned so much from this forum.

If requested, your steward will get you a bucket and fill the ice morning and evening. Never thought of asking for a larger pail, but it's worth a try. If not, get a beer bucket. If you need ice when the steward is off, just hit the lido deck and fill it yourself. I fill a water cup with ice and then dump it in the bucket, just for sanitary purposes.

You can set the phone to call you and wake you up. The instructions in the cabin are much to be desired. But yes they are there. We NEVER take a clock.

No ICE in cabins unless you request. And I cannot remember which deck but there is a ice machine and a cold drink machine that you can use.

I have been on Elation 5 times and sad to see it leave NOLA.

Hey if you like doing nudie thing, have fun!!

Everybody likes a free show!!

On our last cruise on the Magic, we were in Cozumel with the Conquest parked along side. I was sitting on our Cove balcony watching for pier runners and happened to look across the way at Deck 2 of the Conquest and noticed a VERY attractive woman in an OV directly across from us that was in the process of disrobing near the window. She looked like she was reaching to close the curtains, but it turns out that she was reaching for her male companion who had also disrobed. They then proceeded to put on quite the interesting "show".

I went inside to close our curtains so the kids wouldn't see and my wife asked what was up. I told her and she went outside for a curious peak and she couldn't help but notice that there were lots of people on our ship hanging out on the balconies apparently watching the "show" as well.

I guess some people are into the exhibition thing.:eek:

Thanks!

Dogs Friend

Just one warning; in the middle of the night if you get up to use the bathroom in a dark cabin, make sure you use the right door, or otherwise, you may find yourself, without any clothes, locked out in the hallway. It is happened!!!

Thanks so much for all the answers. Y'all are great! I will make sure I don't have the curtains open except while we are at sea. I'd sure hate to give someone a view they would never forget (in a bad way!). :D I can see the headlines now, "Person Psychologically Scarred for Life After Accidental Viewing on Cruise Ship." :eek::D

I like the idea of taking a small foldable cooler in my checked luggage to keep filled up with ice in my room. I have back problems and often have to put an ice pack on my back at night. I'm taking big heavy duty zip lock bags and plan on putting ice in them when I need an ice pack.

I'll try to find a small alarm clock but if I can't at least I know now that I can get a wake up call.

Again, thanks for all the help! I love this forum. I almost feel like I've already been on a cruise before just because I've learned so much from this forum.

The only comment I can add to the conversation is to be sure and place your "Snoozing" placard on the outside of your cabin door when you decide to do the naked thing. That should keep your cabin steward or other employees from entering your room when you don't want to be disturbed. :)

ON the Magic last week I called housekeeping to request some ice to be brought to the cabin. This was between the times that the room steward is servicing the cabins. They actually had bar service bring a pail of ice that is usually used for buckets of beer. Had to sign for it an everything.

Thanks!

Dogs Friend

I love it.lololol

I always bring a small alarm clock. (wal-mart $10) And I also bring a power strip to plug it into. since usually only have one plug and don't want to unplug and reset everytime i need to plug something else in.

As someone else stated, If you going to go naked alot in you room, hang snoozing sign on door. Stewards have been known to knock once and then just walk in. Has happened to hubby more than once, especially if he was in shower and didnt hear them knock.

I think the stewards have a good giggle at us crazy cruisers when this happens. lolololol

I love it.lololol

I always bring a small alarm clock. (wal-mart $10) And I also bring a power strip to plug it into. since usually only have one plug and don't want to unplug and reset everytime i need to plug something else in.

As someone else stated, If you going to go naked alot in you room, hang snoozing sign on door. Stewards have been known to knock once and then just walk in. Has happened to hubby more than once, especially if he was in shower and didnt hear them knock.

I think the stewards have a good giggle at us crazy cruisers when this happens. lolololol

I can only imagine the stories.

• 1 month later...