So what's the deal with 2 for 1

ano

Is there a list of these so you can check if your TA is on the list?

No list in one place that I know of. But, if you have ever booked through (or transferred to) a TA member, and you have an O invoice, you'll see the club designated next to the TA name if they belong. Also, some TA members state their membership on their website or in their printed materials.

So do Oceania prices change over time like with most cruise lines? What happens if prices drop after booking? We pretty flexible on date and location. How do you find the best buys? Is the TA good at finding those?

If you are working with a TA who does high Oceania volume, he or she should keep you abreast of any price changes or new promotions that will impact your sailing. My TA watches prices carefully for all of my cruises, and if any deals come up after booking she will call me immediately. We've had that happen before, on another line - a new promotion came out, can't for the life of me remember what it was now, but it saved us a nice piece of change. She reached out to me as soon as it was announced, and we re-booked to get the deal.

It's nice to know I don't have to bother keeping track of pricing - I know she's on it. :)

So do Oceania prices change over time like with most cruise lines? What happens if prices drop after booking? We pretty flexible on date and location. How do you find the best buys? Is the TA good at finding those?

in my experience

I have not seen many price drop on Oceania they do on occasion add extra perks to the cruise like PPG internet etc..

if they drop the price it may be closer to sailing to fill the empty cabins which on some Itineraries may be very few

With exceptions for the "leftovers," no you don't. And the "leftovers" are available to anyone who subscribes to the O deals e-mails.

I find you response to be funny.

Since in my prior life I sailed with those mass market lines like Carnival, HAL, RCL, etc, "leftovers" on Oceania ain't so bad :D !

What are O deal emails. I get a bunch of emails from Oceania but the prices are the same as on the website.

I will bring forward from page three of this site a pistol I started over a month ago about great deals from my TA.

I will bring forward from page three of this site a pistol I started over a month ago about great deals from my TA.

And your point in doing this is??

You cannot name the TA so how do we know if you are truly getting a better deal than others or just trying to stir the pot :rolleyes:

For those that are questioning.....the previous thread was about the same idea...as stated, many folks received "deals" from their TA's with over 1/2 off the O published discounted price. It was mainly for cruises that did not sell well initially, i.e., the 12/12 cruise, etc. Yes, they were more than 1/2 off the published price, with OBC, PPG etc included. However, it is not for ALL cruises, just a select number that are given to brokers to sell bottom dollar. It happens, and some benefitted from it, and I for one was not happy that I spent more on my GV for the two, than if available as B2B, as mine was never offered nor could my TA even get any further benefits even though the one was severely discounted in order to fill the ship (as I was WAY past final payment). She did up my OBC a bit as a consolation prize, but just be advised, if a cruise is not selling well, they do dump them out to severe discounters to fill. Many on our sailing did reap the benefits of that particular discount offer.

So what you are saying if the cruise line is offering a fare at say $4000 you get it for $2000. is that correct?

Yes, on a few select cruises. Discounts range from 25% to 50%. But per the prior posts it appears these offers are for cruises that are not selling very well. The best deals I received three weeks ago was:

Rivera, 11/21/15, Barcelona to Miami, Veranda starting at $2,499 with free airfare, free internet, free gratuities, $200. Oceania website price was $4,699

Marina, 12/12/15, South America, same deals as Riviera. $2,599 vs Oceania's price of $4,599

Sirena, 7/7/16, Europe, $3599 vs $4599.

Yes, on a few select cruises. Discounts range from 25% to 50%. But per the prior posts it appears these offers are for cruises that are not selling very well. The best deals I received three weeks ago was:

Rivera, 11/21/15, Barcelona to Miami, Veranda starting at $2,499 with free airfare, free internet, free gratuities, $200. Oceania website price was $4,699

Marina, 12/12/15, South America, same deals as Riviera. $2,599 vs Oceania's price of $4,599

Sirena, 7/7/16, Europe, $3599 vs $4599.

Did you call and see if you actually book a cabin at those prices?

I did once on an inside at a great price and those rooms (that room) was already sold out, but they still had higher rooms at the same prices that matched the website. I'd call it something like bait-and-switch.

I stopped reading the O emails, the offers turn out to save $100-$200 so have never been something that made me want to buy something from them I would not buy at regular price.

The only time you can get a real deal on O is if they contact you about an existing booking and offer you a move-over or upgrade. Those can be sweet.

Its not all bad, you can buy knowing you will never feel bad about buying because you will never see the price take a big drop.

I do despise the O marketing department for the amount of my time they have wasted opening their promo emails, or reading their multiple mailed flyers, to find the "deal" saves $100.

Just stop opening their junk mail, opt out. But do watch for mail about any of your bookings.

Did you call and see if you actually book a cabin at those prices?

I did once on an inside at a great price and those rooms (that room) was already sold out, but they still had higher rooms at the same prices that matched the website. I'd call it something like bait-and-switch.

I stopped reading the O emails, the offers turn out to save $100-$200 so have never been something that made me want to buy something from them I would not buy at regular price.

The only time you can get a real deal on O is if they contact you about an existing booking and offer you a move-over or upgrade. Those can be sweet.

Its not all bad, you can buy knowing you will never feel bad about buying because you will never see the price take a big drop.

The prices I listed came from an email from a TA, not Oceania. There were actually ten different cruises listed. I routinely receive these discounts from the TA and have booked three cruises in the past two years at the discounted rates. Cabins have always been available when I called at the full discounted price.

I'm looking at several Oceania itineraries and think it will be time to try something other than Celebrity in 2017. The prices are displayed but there is also a "Request a Quote" button. Does that mean there is a super-secret price available for those who register? :confused:

If you are looking at the oceania website https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ if you click on "Request a quote" it will be directed to a TA who will contact you

You can always just call Oceania & ask for pricing & cabin availability

You can book with or without air with or without transfers with or without insurance etc.. so your bottom line may vary

What some are talking about with discounts are some online TA sites that offer deals

you can also sign up for offers on Oceania site

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/email-signup/

YMMV

[quote name='StanandJim'][SIZE="3"][FONT="Tahoma"]What with "the Haven" and Suite dedicated restaurants proving to be so popular, I wonder if it still makes sense to market the lowest category Cabins along with the others.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DkU9DO0IL.jpg[/IMG]
Tourist Class, anyone? :D[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Guess that depends if you want to target the top or bottom of the traveling public. I think some lines are going to two class which I like as you can have the best of both worlds on the same ship. Edited by hypercafe

[quote name='hypercafe']Guess that depends if you want to target the top or bottom of the traveling public. I think some lines are going to two class which I like as you can have the best of both worlds on the same ship.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Tahoma"]I agree, and I just learned last week that Marriott is offering their vacation club both with and without daily maid service, in an effort to capture a bigger slice of the lower end of the market.
Not sure that would work in a ship cabin, though......they're pretty cozy even with full time help :o [/FONT][/SIZE]