Pajamas?

Lmarie6

Hello! I'm looking for advice on pajamas. We'll be cruising for the first time in about 10 days on the Grandeur of the Seas - are you able to set your own cabin temperature? If not, does it tend to be warm or cool? I don't want to bring a bunch of cold-weather pajamas like I've been wearing at home in Pennsylvania if it's going to be nighties or t-shirt temperature in the cabin. Do any of you have any experience on the Grandeur with pajamas that you'd be willing to share? :)

Thanks!

Summer pajamas should be just fine, but if you're concerned about being too cold, you can always being one warmer pair, or something warmer that can do double duty if you end up deciding you don't need the warmer pjs. (Like yoga pants and a t-shirt that you can always wear to the gym or something). It won't be freezing, but I know it can be hard to get out of the "cold weather" mindset that first night.

You can set the cabin temperature from icebox to oven. Just remember not to turn off the master electrical switch (which looks like a normal light switch) when you leave, or the climate control will shut off as well.

The OP is sailing on the Grandeur which does not have a master switch like some of the newer ships have.

But the alcohol package and you will be warm:D

No in all seriousness ----

It was not till we got on the Oasis class ships that I found the cabins to have the ability to be cooler, on the other ships it seems that we always got too warm in the middle of the night, and we always dressed with summer PJS.

Enjoy

Thank you all for your responses! I think I will take a pair of lounge pants and comfy t-shirt just in case - could be cold the first night or two. Does RCCL limit the amount or weight of luggage you can bring? Since we'll be driving to port we don't need to worry about airline limits or fees on luggage.

Thank you all for your responses! I think I will take a pair of lounge pants and comfy t-shirt just in case - could be cold the first night or two. Does RCCL limit the amount or weight of luggage you can bring? Since we'll be driving to port we don't need to worry about airline limits or fees on luggage.

I believe they like the suitcases to weigh under 50 pounds a piece but I have never seen them not handle one that is heavier. Just remember, you have to be able to handle it yourself when you are not on the ship and going through customs on your way off the ship. Try not to over pack. It is hard to do, I know.

No, they do not limit the weight of the luggage. Most people keep it to around 50lbs because of the airlines restrictions but we always fly first class to port so the airline allows for 70lb bags and our bags have always been taken by the cruise line with no issues.

Not even the slightest limit. Bring the kitchen sink. :)

Just returned from Grandeur yesterday. We spent the night before the cruise in Baltimore and I had warmer PJ's that I wore for the first night on the cruise, then it got warmer and I switched to a lighter weight pair. We found the temperature in the cabin to be difficult to control and there wasn't much difference between what was supposed to be the warmest setting and the coolest. Unless you get very cold, I think you would be fine with lighter weight PJ's the entire trip, but that could change as the weather gets colder.