How to get an early embarkation slot?

marylizcat

I know for passengers who may have travelled to Southampton and stopped overnight at one of port side hotels, if they then get a late afternoon embarkation time, I would be pretty miffed after leaving the hotel at 10am !!!

We were in the travelodge and could stay until 12 pm but our embarkation time was 3.30 pm. We managed to pass the time but do have to say an earlier time would have been so much better but someone has to get the later times:eek: We did arrive a bit early but had to wait for an hour and a half which we expected.:(

Haha this is soo funny. Would there be anyone who would go to these lengths? Imagine the stress and worry when the eticket is being checked and the embarrassment if you are found out. Not for me I am afraid, will just stick to my time.:D

I wont mention my "Machine out of order - do not use" laminated tent card idea for use in the launderette to reserve your machine. It's got the P&O logo on it and everything.

Regards John

I wont mention my "Machine out of order - do not use" laminated tent card idea for use in the launderette to reserve your machine. It's got the P&O logo on it and everything.

Regards John

I have seen a sign on a washing machine door..short while after someone came in, took label off the door, put their washing in, turned machine on..and off they went.

Having read this whole thread about the new P&O boarding times process I find it very interesting.

I will be in Southampton prior to boarding Azura for a 5 night Guernsey/Amsterdam cruise in April 2016.

I`m staying overnight at the Premier Inn West Quay as I always do prior to a cruise, May ask to keep the room for a few hours longer if possible to ensure I`m not sat waiting in Ocean Terminal for HOURS

I know that I can leave my suitcase there and wander into town to get a few last minute things I may need before returning to collect my case - They store it in a side room and give you a ticket to hand it to collect it on your return

Having read this whole thread about the new P&O boarding times process I find it very interesting.

I will be in Southampton prior to boarding Azura for a 5 night Guernsey/Amsterdam cruise in April 2016.

I`m staying overnight at the Premier Inn West Quay as I always do prior to a cruise, May ask to keep the room for a few hours longer if possible to ensure I`m not sat waiting in Ocean Terminal for HOURS

I know that I can leave my suitcase there and wander into town to get a few last minute things I may need before returning to collect my case - They store it in a side room and give you a ticket to hand it to collect it on your return

An alternative to this is booking the Cruise Lounge at the Grand Harbour Hotel. You do not have to be a resident at all to book and may opt for the alcoholic or non-alcoholic service. My non-alcoholic package was £12.00 and included sitting in the comfy seats as long as you wanted, free fruit juices, tea, coffee and croissants etc., they looked after my luggage in the concierge cupboard and the guys drove me to the ship in the hotel service car at a time of my choosing from the 15 minutes slots in their transfer log. You could go shopping round town from early depositing your cases with concierge and getting receipts get back for a mid morning or noontime snack and then get transferred quayside at 3.30pm or whenever you choose. Contact Grand Harbour Hotel and ask about cruise lounge confirming all the details if you might be interested.

Regards John

I think someone wrote that Premier inn might extend your room vacating time to 1pm if you ask nicely :)

Correct - it was me (also from the Garden of England). Don't know if it is the same for Premier Inn West Quay but for Premier Inn City Centre (New Road) they will extend for free to 1 pm but it is not possible to pay for an extension until 4 pm as is possible at some Premier Inns.

Regards John

Yeah .. you sound like the sort of inconsiderate person that puts his towels and books on a sun bed and then clears off for a couple of hours. Just as well we all don't have that attitude.

Vicky

Yeah .. you sound like the sort of inconsiderate person that puts his towels and books on a sun bed and then clears off for a couple of hours. Just as well we all don't have that attitude.

Vicky

I think in its context Jon's post was a joke....

Edited by Florry

Vicky

I don't bother with books and towels. Just a laminated notice saying "Danger!broken sunbed".

I really did come across the "Out of Order" sign on a washing machine. I had never used the laundry before, but it was a long cruise and I decided to wash the underwear. All machines in use bar one with the sign on it. I waited patiently for a machine to finish and then utilised that. Then a woman arrived, removed the Out of Order sign, put in her washing and walked away.

Our Holiday starts as soon as we get on the A1. So Pack a few butties for the journey to Southampton. We stop at Watford Gap services for a tinkle, then another just short of the M27, so we don't need much lunch if any, but we'll be ready for our dinner on first sitting. [emoji506]🧀🤓

I really did come across the "Out of Order" sign on a washing machine. I had never used the laundry before, but it was a long cruise and I decided to wash the underwear. All machines in use bar one with the sign on it. I waited patiently for a machine to finish and then utilised that. Then a woman arrived, removed the Out of Order sign, put in her washing and walked away.

On our next cruise our cabin is next door to the laundrette, but on our last cruise the best time for me was just after dinner when everyone is moving about, I'd have two machines going then three tumble dryers. It would be all dry before the shows started. I've even done the washing dressed like James Bond in my tux [emoji41]

On our next cruise our cabin is next door to the laundrette, but on our last cruise the best time for me was just after dinner when everyone is moving about, I'd have two machines going then three tumble dryers. It would be all dry before the shows started. I've even done the washing dressed like James Bond in my tux [emoji41]

Now that I would like to see, the laundrette being added to the places where the dress code applies on formal nights....;););)