Online Check In is not only within 90 days

stevea36

The subject should read "now only within 90 days"....

I just went into My Cruises and found the online checkin button greyed out with a note at the top of the description for the sailing stating that online checkin begins on ... 90 days prior to the sailing.

I wonder what happens with the information that I entered 3 months ago ??? I guess I will find out in late January...

Steve

Edited by stevea36

Maybe you can flag the moderators to correct it to read as intended...

Seems odd is stuff going on with online check in process.

our roll call members(we are less than 90 days) are getting messages that their check in process is only 50% or other percentage completed...

My husband got 100%, but mine said 90% b/c I did not print out my pass,,,in the past only 1 passenger needed to do that...no idea why this changed...???

Others could not complete to 100% and had to undo and re-do as cash...all bizarre.

Patiently waiting for clearance to order luggage tags.

Celebrity: Why is everything tech or website related so difficult on your cruiseline?.

Seems not yet ready for prime time!

I just did OLCI.

They have completely revamped the process, to me I think it's streamlined a bit and easier to get through now and more "intuitive".

Still some kinks to work out (for me, it wouldn't match my Captain's Club number to my name, but a call to the Club fixed that) but it's a good step forward.

From our experience so far, we see no advancement let alone improvement.

.the frustrated folks on our roll call would call it "messed up"!

they should test it til it is 100% before rolling it out....

Clients should be able to manage res and other online procedures without having to call it in.......the reps must be frustrated too because some of them were reportedly surly in addition to being unhelpful...usually they can't help much but are pleasant!

maybe Celebrity Official can look into this so called revamp and comment.

Two on our roll call have now been able to order tags, we think.. while others still struggle to complete their regis so they get e docs.

When you hit the submit button, there's no confirmation noted and it brings you back to the same screen....Celeb rep couldn't tell if it went through either, so now we may end up with two sets...

Old system used to confirm...not a bad idea....

It's a glitch in the "new" website as I was told on Friday. I could not complete my xpress pass. Tried twice, only to call X and they could not do it either. They had to open a ticket and I have to check on Monday.

Very interesting- I have just posted on another thread that the other four guests under our two-cabin booking for New Year are only "80% completed", despite the fact that 2 weeks earlier I had printed the Xpress Passes for both staterooms... I'm confused too. Issue seems to be the onboard account which is all under my name. I'm not sure whether to re-print my passes, and whether all the info will have been stored for the now apparently "incomplete" passengers!! Thanks for any help and advice!

Once again, an untested change. I went in to check my check-in which was 100% complete (we have our edocs and luggage tags already)....but checking, it said our check in documents were 50% complete...I needed to sign the cruise contract. I signed it and now I am apparently zero percent complete.

That department is the poster child for how not to manage a web site. It is truly mind boggling that those folks still have jobs...and that no one in management seems to care about the web site.

Folks (especially the Celebrity employees) need to accept that the Celebrity online process is a real mess, and the error and problems seem to change with every change in wind direction. Eventually (perhaps within the next year or two) Celebrity will get the bugs fixed...and then no doubt start a new web site design that will again throw everything into turmoil.

Hank

I just did OLCI.

They have completely revamped the process, to me I think it's streamlined a bit and easier to get through now and more "intuitive".

Still some kinks to work out (for me, it wouldn't match my Captain's Club number to my name, but a call to the Club fixed that) but it's a good step forward.

I wasn't so lucky in my call to Captain's Club with the same issue. They told me to wait until Wednesday.

To those having issues, there is no reason to even bother with online checkin.

They can accommodate you a the pier so long as you know your last name. I've done it on a couple occasions. All you have to do is tell the door guards (where they are, not in all locations) that you could not complete OLCI and they will waive you through, and then just have you fill out a simple form at the counter.

No need to waste time on the website, knowing it's got issues.

I agree and understand that all of this can be addressed at port. Please understand that some of us (me) like to get as much completed beforehand as possible. Anything to make the check-in procedure smoother is the way I want to go. Not being able to do this, especially when others seem to be successful, leaves me a bit frustrated.