When do 2017 cruises get released?

Farrlacey

Europe and Alaska 2017 cruises will be open for booking on December 3, 2015. The link to a preview of all cruises for them has been posted already on this board. There are NO cruises that go to Greenland for 2017. Princess used to stop there but I think it was eliminated since they missed the port quite frequently due to weather issues. Someone else on here may have more info why they stopped going there. There are a couple cruises that will visit Iceland, though on the Crown and the Pacific.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

While Greenland has been on my bucket list for a couple of years now, I am also interested in finding out if the 28-day roundtrip sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii & Tahiti is included for October of 2017. I read on a recent thread that Princess may not be doing this sailing for 2017. Does anyone have any information on this or read on any threads of the possibility of discontinuing this route? If so, I will be terribly disappointed that I waited too long :eek:.

While Greenland has been on my bucket list for a couple of years now, I am also interested in finding out if the 28-day roundtrip sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii & Tahiti is included for October of 2017. I read on a recent thread that Princess may not be doing this sailing for 2017. Does anyone have any information on this or read on any threads of the possibility of discontinuing this route? If so, I will be terribly disappointed that I waited too long :eek:.

Me, too. The Hawaii Tahiti round trip cruise is in my top three.

Oh no! We are looking at the 2017 28-day Hawaii/Tahiti as well! Just waiting for it to open up. I wonder why Princess would discontinue as it seems very popular?!?! Where was the thread you read this in? And I wonder who the source is? Probably can't hurt for me to call Princess and ask; however, it's possible I'll get a few different answers doing that! Darn it, hope it isn't discontinued!

I did a Transatlantic on the Grand Princess back in 2007 (wow, that long ago!) and we stopped in Greenland. Very fascinating stop. We were also lucky enough to sail thru Prins Christian Sund on the Southern tip of Greenland on a beautiful day. I've been on over 60+ cruises and this is one of my favorites spots I've sailed, very few ships pass through here. Overall a fantastic cruise.

Europe and Alaska 2017 cruises will be open for booking on December 3, 2015. The link to a preview of all cruises for them has been posted already on this board. There are NO cruises that go to Greenland for 2017. Princess used to stop there but I think it was eliminated since they missed the port quite frequently due to weather issues. Someone else on here may have more info why they stopped going there. There are a couple cruises that will visit Iceland, though on the Crown and the Pacific.

Where is the link to the preview? I can't find it :(

Oh no! We are looking at the 2017 28-day Hawaii/Tahiti as well! Just waiting for it to open up. I wonder why Princess would discontinue as it seems very popular?!?! Where was the thread you read this in? And I wonder who the source is? Probably can't hurt for me to call Princess and ask; however, it's possible I'll get a few different answers doing that! Darn it, hope it isn't discontinued!

Hi Yensidlove,

As you will see below, I have been following PescadoAmarillo's journeys for some time. She is currently on lengthy B2B2B (and more) cruises around French Polynesia. In her blog she mentioned that Princess might not sail there after this year. I questioned her on this and am keeping my fingers crossed that they keep this cruise.

BTW - you should go to her blogspot and read about her fabulous cruises and excursions for this year's French Polynesia adventure. She is a very descriptive writer and makes reading very enjoyable.

Quote: Originally
Posted by seacrystal

Hi! I have so enjoyed your detailed blog this year and your many previous years' blogs. I hope your current vacation continues to be the best ever!

In your Oct. 17 post, you state that Princess is "abandoning the French Polynesian market." I am heartbroken as my DH and I were planning the Oct. 2017 28-day LA-Tahiti cruise even though it has not been listed yet. Can you elaborate on your information?

Thank you in advance.

"And thank YOU!

I'm sure those round trip LA- Tahiti cruises will still take place, as well as transpacific cruises. What I meant (and didn't clearly state) is that there are no more purely French Polynesian cruises on the Princess schedule. The larger ships can call at Papeete, Bora Bora and Moorea, but not Raiatea, Huahine, Rangiroa and Nuku Hiva. The lagoons are simply not large enough to accommodate the ships and the islands do not have the tourist infrastructure either for over 2000 passengers.

So I believe you'll be all set and will see the 'Big 3' of French Polynesian islands. But the tour operators on the other islands will really feel the loss of Princess cruises.

And this is all just conjecture, but it is generally believed to be the truth.

979 days ~ 98 cruises ~ 29 ships ~ 18 years ~ 6 continents ~ 5 cruise lines

1 happy cruiser!!

My travel diary from Winters spent at sea:

"

As you will see below, I have been following PescadoAmarillo's journeys for some time. She is currently on lengthy B2B2B (and more) cruises around French Polynesia. In her blog she mentioned that Princess might not sail there after this year. I questioned her on this and am keeping my fingers crossed that they keep this cruise.

Only the Ocean Princess and the Pacific Princess can do the French Polynesia cruises. The Ocean is leaving the fleet and the Pacific is not scheduled to have a French Polynesia itinerary in 2016 or in 2017.

Only the Ocean Princess and the Pacific Princess can do the French Polynesia cruises. The Ocean is leaving the fleet and the Pacific is not scheduled to have a French Polynesia itinerary in 2016 or in 2017.

Boo hoo! I had always hoped to cruise on one of the little girls but the timing was never right. Oh well, you snooze you lose!:(