Worst Web-Site Award

frbob

Am I crazy, or is anyone else frustrated with trying to use the Celebrity web-site to "manage" their booking? We conducted a poll, not very scientific but conclusive within the polled group (me and my wife). CELEBRITY HAD THE WORST WEB-SITE IN ALL CRUISEDOM.

I sure have to agree as I've never had a problem with any of the other lines' sites.

I did want to post the solution to the problem I posted about the other day. A change actually happened while I was online to make my reservation disappear. John on my roll call called my attention to the "See More" button and I could view the missing reservation. That reservation was visible when I began booking an excursion and the change happened while I was online. It only disappeared from the screen fortunately.

The "technical difficulty" popup was displayed on the online checkin process saying one could do all this at the pier.

Edited by HokiePoq

In A Time, Time, Time not so Long ago, one would call X or their TA to manage their booking. One can revert to that time and not worry or complain further about the website...

Alas, yesterday I was able to complete and manage my reservation 'on-line' without any real challenges. Even printed our X-Press Passes. Previously I called X and the agents were happy to take care of my questions/concerns/payments for various items and I even received an almost immediate email confirmation! Imagine that.. :)

Now to wait a few weeks before ordering my luggage tags... either via website or phone... if I cannot get through, they will accommodate me at ship side I Am sure and have read right here on these boards at CC! :D

bon voyage... sans website

Having available phone agents does not excuse a nonfunctional website in 2015. Just my opinion, of course. Obviously if Celebrity wants to continue placing technological walls in between themselves and their customers' money, that's entirely their affair.

Having available phone agents does not excuse a nonfunctional website in 2015. Just my opinion, of course. Obviously if Celebrity wants to continue placing technological walls in between themselves and their customers' money, that's entirely their affair.

You are absolutely correct. Yet complaints have been written here for many, many, many prior months with the appearance of not improving for many.

Yet my next X cruise is sailing fully booked, with the one after that 85% booked. It is not only a CC poster issue, I Am sure, yet many, many, many others have found a way to overcome the issue and are still booking or Am I incorrect?

bon voyage....

Yup. We are still booking. I book through a TA today - not Celebrity even with the direct number I was given after something over 10 cruises on X. I then take my confirmation from my TA to the pier along with whatever I can print from the Celebrity website and arrive at the pier. Hand the bags off to the porter with my cabin number and go inside with papers and passport where within 10 minutes of so I am on my way to board.

Thus, no website hassle or time wasted there. Can spend it here! LOL. Any yes, my daughter does go on line and give itr one go to register online. Just one!

It's fine if you can settle for old school. If Celebrity wants to attract a younger demographic they need to adapt and understand that having a user friendly website is key. Using my TA as a liaison takes time, time I do not have. My TA is equally frustrated. It took over a week for Celebrity to get a confirmation number to my TA. Unacceptable.

Yesterday, all I wanted to do was to add my credit card number and complete my on line check-in. Pretty simple, right? No can do. I kept on being returned to previous screens, The great circle route. So, I finally signed on for a cash account and I will switch to a credit card when I reach the terminal.. So frustrating and so unnecessary.

You are absolutely correct. Yet complaints have been written here for many, many, many prior months with the appearance of not improving for many.

Yet my next X cruise is sailing fully booked, with the one after that 85% booked. It is not only a CC poster issue, I Am sure, yet many, many, many others have found a way to overcome the issue and are still booking or Am I incorrect?

bon voyage....

I'm not sure what kind of response you're looking for, so I guess I'll just congratulate you on successful bookings, and concede that mediocrity doesn't always stand in the way of success.

but I haven't run into very many web site issues with Celebrity.

I checked cruises on 4 or 5 other lines today and found their web sites to be terrible, info hard to find, no price unless you go through the whole booking process, lack of included perks by suite category, etc.

Up until a few days ago, I had never had trouble with the site. Even posted so whenever someone else mentioned the trouble. Now I am agreeing that something is not right about that site. Not to bore everyone here, or post my story a second thread, you can read my situation on the following thread, if you are curious. My post starts at #3 and then there are a couple others on down.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48315002&posted=1#post48315002

Edited by Iamthesea