Perks on Tahitian Treasures Cruise

susie Q

Just wondering....after reading about all the glorious perks everyone seems to be receiving, are some cruises excluded from this? On my upcoming cruise ( Sydney to Honolulu) I was told no perks would be offered at all. Granted I used a TA and had not booked while on board, but wonder why nothing at all was offered. Anyone have insight about that? I was so hoping for a drink package and now have to pay for those cucumber martinis I enjoy!

Just wondering....after reading about all the glorious perks everyone seems to be receiving, are some cruises excluded from this? On my upcoming cruise ( Sydney to Honolulu) I was told no perks would be offered at all. Granted I used a TA and had not booked while on board, but wonder why nothing at all was offered. Anyone have insight about that? I was so hoping for a drink package and now have to pay for those cucumber martinis I enjoy!

It is a Transpacific/repositioning cruise.

Charlie

TA's and TP's do not get any special offers, except when there are specials for booking them on board. They are repositioning cruises and have traditionally been less expensive than other cruises, hence a lower margin of profit for the cruise line, so no "freebies".

We booked our Tahitian treasures cruise while on-board and only got a measly 200.00 OBC. You'd think for the cost (7000.00) there would be more. Cheap bums :D

There is always pg cruises.... :D

There are cruises and there are cruises....

When you wake up early and see Bora Bora in the distance or if you are lucky, as we were, and see a whale of Morea as we did you will know you have value for money. We are well cruised world wide but our Hawaii to Sydney cruise was so special.

We didn't get any perks on booking but really felt we had value for money from this cruise. We had time in Hawaii first and time in Sydney post cruise. It really was like three holidays in one!

You will have a wonderful time, value for money isn't all about perks it is about knowing you are experiencing something special!

When you wake up early and see Bora Bora in the distance or if you are lucky, as we were, and see a whale of Morea as we did you will know you have value for money. We are well cruised world wide but our Hawaii to Sydney cruise was so special.

We didn't get any perks on booking but really felt we had value for money from this cruise. We had time in Hawaii first and time in Sydney post cruise. It really was like three holidays in one!

You will have a wonderful time, value for money isn't all about perks it is about knowing you are experiencing something special!

Ohh absolutely true! We are also staying in Sydney/Hawaii pre and post cruise. I aslso agree that the sights and expieriences we're going to have will more than outwiegh any perk offered....with the exception of a bev pkg :D

My husband and I are booked with Celebrity for the Tahitian Treasure cruise next September. I would love to hear about the highlights from your cruise, excursions, experiences, etc. Did you post a review after your sailing?

Anna Marie

I think the perk is an extra day!:D

As others have said TA's and TP's don't get the perks.

Is this the Mar 29, 2016 on Millennium? We are on this cruise.

Hi one more time,

No I didn't do a review, although I have followed CC for many years I didn't start posting until this April.

But here are a few hints and highlights!

Pre cruise we stayed at a little hotel, zoo end of Honolulu Beach called Park Shore. We found it ideal. In some ways it is quite basic but we wanted a sea front veranda and kitchenette and a suite room with separate lounge and bedroom (adult son sailing with us). We loved getting up in the morning and sitting out on the balcony watching the surfers. Just cross the road and you were on the beach. For this leg of our holiday it suited us more than some five star options. We did the obvious sights, Pearl Harbour being very memorable.

We had booked a RS on this cruise knowing we would be spending time on the balcony. Worth every penny, so many breakfasts and late night brandies enjoyed there. There were a couple of colder and windier days later in the cruise so mid ships is good if you are not the best sailor.

As we reached destinations we got up early wanting to see islands coming into view. So glad we did this, seeing a whale, for several minutes off Morea being one highlight and seeing the top of Bora Bora before we saw the island being another.

Best trips were snorkling in Bora Bora, Hole in the Rock Bay of Islands and 'Hobiton tour' from Aukland.

On ship we pre booked a five night dining package (pre Luminae and suite perks although Michael's Club was open). This was a good move as we would have got fed up on a long cruise in the MDR. We had excellent service in all restaurants. Sailing away from Hawaii in Tuscan Grill was an exceptional night.

As we had Michael's Club and two bottles of spirit provided in the room we just paid for wine and other drinks as we wanted them. With so many sea days it is worth working out the cost of water, coffees etc as well as alcoholic drinks as the costs can mount up.

The crossing the Equator ceremony was one of the funniest things I have ever seen at sea, not to be missed. Also we were invited to the helipad as we cruised into Aukland (don't know if it was a suite or an Elite perk), that was great fun too.

We went with iPads loaded with games, books and films and hardly watched, read or played them. We spent loads of time just sat on the balcony watching the world go by....heaven.

In terms of clothes we all took lightweight waterproof jackets and lightweight fleeces. We needed the waterproofs initially in Bay of Islands and the fleeces mid cruise some evenings if we were on deck. Most of the time it was warm or hot!

In Sydney we decided we wanted a room with a view and booked the Intercontinental. We upgraded to a club suite for the two rooms but the value of the 'club' was much better than we expected. The club provided a decent buffet breakfast and evening drinks with nice snacks. The Club lounge (and our suite) had fabulous views. Expensive, but bearing in mind the cost of breakfasts and drinks it was great.

We did the obvious trips in Sydney, enjoying the fact our hotel was so near to Circular Quay, the Opera House, Botanical Gardens...On our return to Australia next year we are trying an alternative hotel but location and view to us is very important.

Hope you find this brief review helpful. Ask specific questions if you like,

Happy Cruising!

We booked our Tahitian treasures cruise while on-board and only got a measly 200.00 OBC. You'd think for the cost (7000.00) there would be more. Cheap bums :D

We just looked at booking this cruise on board and were offered $100 OBC. While we may still book the cruise, $100 wasn't enough to entice us to book right then. The only benefit was the $100 pp deposit, but we have to pay the full price eventually, so that isn't a big deal. They were really pushing the "take your OBC on this cruise' and the shops were full of signs suggesting how we could spend it.

The cruise we were on was a TA and we had $300 OBC for booking on board under the old system. The new system doesn't seem as good, especially for repositioning cruises. For me, the idea of spending my OBC on the existing cruise doesn't appeal. It seems a bit like opening your presents before Christmas (or whatever festival you may celebrate).

Thanks, Chemmo for the great info. Were you on a cruise in April? I am very curious to know what type of weather we may encounter. Any possibility of sitting by the pool or will it be too chilly? I agree about watching the price of cocktails. I am thinking I will keep my receipts for a few days and see how I am doing. If I am having a bit " too" much fun I can always add the PB package for the remainder of the cruise.

Hi Suzie Q,

I think we did the reverse cruise to you.

We were Sept/Oct 2014. Weather in Hawaii was perfect. The weather on the cruise was fantastic from Hawaii to a couple of days past Bora Bora. Pool side swimming, sun cream...T shirts, shorts....we then had a couple of stormy days. Not bad just blowy with some rain. As a not too good cruiser I took the Dramamine and was fine! To be honest we enjoyed the rest of a couple of quiet days.

As we neared NZ the sun returned but in the shade it was cool. As mentioned previously a light fleece was great when in the shade and for evenings. Our waterproofs were only needed early morning on our Hole in the Rock excursion. Our weather in Sydney was great. We did have an indoor hotel pool, however, not sure if an outdoor would have been warm enough although it was great weather to sight see in.

I would expect, as we were spring and you will be Autumn, conditions will likely be similar.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask more questions, brings back many happy cruise memories!

The weather this April started mild from Sydney but the sun was stronger than I realised as burned my legs first day at sea!

In addition to all the wonderful things already highlighted, we had the most wonderful pod of dolphins greet our arrival in Bay of Islands. The whales off Maui we terrific too and the fact we actually made Maui at all after our 9hr unexpected expedition south to pick up a couple of shipwrecked sailors. Hats off to Celebrity, the captain of Solstice and his crew for saving them making a great video of the event and steaming back full speed to make up lost time. They burned thousands of extra dollars to save lives and more again to get the passengers back on track!

Edited by Kitekat

Thanks for the information! We are so excited to have this cruise on the horizon! Looking forward to each and every part of it. My goal is to not sweat the small stuff and look for the positive. No vacation is ever perfect and when you plan 2 years out, I have a tendency to build it up to an extent that it is hard to meet my expectations! So.....with a cool beverage and a smile, I hope to have a fantastic time!

Just a couple of pointers...

Don't leave it too late to book your hotels either end, the best ones do book up early.

Several ship based tours were booked up very quickly. Some privately booked tours were not comparable to Celebrities (more expensive, less good) so spend time doing your homework.

The five night dining package we pre booked at discount I do not think was available on board.

Sincere best wishes for you planning, cruise and future cruises!