Navigator of the Seas

It is a great ship, we just spent a week on her out of Galveston on Oct 25th just explore, like every ship it has a lot to offer. The crew seemed great the food was good in the main restaurant, snacks on the promenade were good too. The show's in the theater were good and pools and hot tubs were great.

Happy sailing

Brian J

As you can see from my signature we have spent a few week on the Navigator! Most recently a B2B this past October. She is a beauty with a great crew! If you have any specific questions I would certainly try to answer them !

Don't miss the Ice Show.

Visit the Helipad - go to deck 4 walk forward and go up stairs to deck 5 to get to helipad!

Deck 14 is a nice relaxing place to read during the day inside!

Visit Peek-a-boo Bridge on Deck 11 forward

I am taking my very first cruise in March of 2016 with my mom on the Navigator of the seas. Has anyone been on this boat? If so, what are some tips and information for this ship? TIA!!

Deckplans, stateroom info, etc.: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=NV&br=R

Edited by clarea

We really enjoyed this ship. Comparing it to the Freedom class, there's no real difference. It's a good size and never felt overly crowded. DL is on 14, CL on 9.

Freedom is a bigger overcrowded twin sister of Navigator.

I like Voyuer class over Freedom Class.

We had 2 great cruises on her 1 this year and also last year, ship is in great shape, as already said do not miss the ice show, also if you want to spend a little extra money Giovanni's is truly great for lunch or dinner, lunch is about 15 and dinner 25.

I am taking my very first cruise in March of 2016 with my mom on the Navigator of the seas. Has anyone been on this boat? If so, what are some tips and information for this ship? TIA!!

Just completed a sailing on Navigator today. She is a fabulous SHIP. We had a great time. Food in the MDR was fine, service was OK. The wait staff have quite a few tables to handle in the MDR and we had a very full sailing with 3800 passengers and a little over a 1000 children, which may have taxed the wait staff a bit....but we had a very good time dining in the MDR. We did enjoy Izumi very much -- it is the only specialty restaurant that we go to on board. DH also took the "Sushi Class" and he loved it.

We had Jerome Sueur as CD and Cuddy Cudsworth as Activity Manager and they are a great pair together. Kept the activities moving along nicely.

We had a port change since it was too choppy for the tenders to get us to Coco Cay. That day was turned into a sea day and the next day we visited Costa Maya instead of having a sea day. All worked out well.

We had very choppy waters, and you could not help noticing it on the ship. It was NOT a terrible experience, it is not as if people were getting seasick....it was just not 'crystal like glass seas'. I wanted to go to the Helipad, but access to it, was closed due to high winds -- very understandable.

Nice gym, wonderful Promenade, lots to do if you want to be doing things or you can do nothing.

Diamond Lounge is very nice on Deck 14, right off of the Viking Lounge, which also has a section called the Cosmopolitan Lounge where they had late night music and dancing (it was very loud up there).

I don't have access to the Concierge Lounge, but friends that do, said the DL was much nicer and larger. The DL was NOT at any time overcrowded, but that could be because we did not have a huge amount of C&A members on board...there was a tremendous amount of Gold, Platinum and Emerald cruisers on board who of course are not eligible to use the DL; if they are in suites they can use the Concierge Lounge as can anyone in a suite.

Just completed a sailing on Navigator today. She is a fabulous SHIP. We had a great time. Food in the MDR was fine, service was OK. The wait staff have quite a few tables to handle in the MDR and we had a very full sailing with 3800 passengers and a little over a 1000 children, which may have taxed the wait staff a bit....but we had a very good time dining in the MDR. We did enjoy Izumi very much -- it is the only specialty restaurant that we go to on board. DH also took the "Sushi Class" and he loved it.

We had Jerome Sueur as CD and Cuddy Cudsworth as Activity Manager and they are a great pair together. Kept the activities moving along nicely.

We had a port change since it was too choppy for the tenders to get us to Coco Cay. That day was turned into a sea day and the next day we visited Costa Maya instead of having a sea day. All worked out well.

We had very choppy waters, and you could not help noticing it on the ship. It was NOT a terrible experience, it is not as if people were getting seasick....it was just not 'crystal like glass seas'. I wanted to go to the Helipad, but access to it, was closed due to high winds -- very understandable.

Nice gym, wonderful Promenade, lots to do if you want to be doing things or you can do nothing.

Diamond Lounge is very nice on Deck 14, right off of the Viking Lounge, which also has a section called the Cosmopolitan Lounge where they had late night music and dancing (it was very loud up there).

I don't have access to the Concierge Lounge, but friends that do, said the DL was much nicer and larger. The DL was NOT at any time overcrowded, but that could be because we did not have a huge amount of C&A members on board...there was a tremendous amount of Gold, Platinum and Emerald cruisers on board who of course are not eligible to use the DL; if they are in suites they can use the Concierge Lounge as can anyone in a suite.

the the restaurant Jade a specialty restaurant? What about Izumi?