Would Like to See Norwegian Offer MORE and Better Logo Items on Board the Shops

LAFFNVEGAS

Would You Like to See NCL Offer More and Better Logo Items on the ships  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like to See NCL Offer More and Better Logo Items on the ships

• Yes I would Love NCL to offer a Large selection of logowear/items to purchase on the ships
    • No, having Better Logo items to purchase would not interest me.

A week ago today I returned from what I consider to be a perfect cruise on the Jewel. Food and Service were amazing, loved the Spa, ports were perfect as well as the weather it just does not get any better but... there is one thing that was missing. That is to be able to purchase Logo Wear and Logo Items that actually say Norwegian Jewel. I can honestly say we would have purchase several hundred more dollars on board had there been items to purchase. The shops in the aft were basically dead the whole week. High priced junk that no one wants to purchase. The clothing offered I can buy anywhere, why would I purchase it on a ship. Some of my favorite clothes have ship name and logo on it. DH wore on embarkation a Norwegian Sweatshirt he purchased several years ago and many commented they liked it.

I thought I would start a Survey to see how many feel the same way I do and I would write Norwegian and give them the link if there were many that also want them to bring back Logo items.

I know Norwegian has always been about passengers spending money on board the ships and sadly this is where they are losing out. Although I am fully aware that for the last several years not just Norwegian but several of the other cruise lines have the same battle with their vendor, with Norwegian it is Dufry's. The cruise lines want to collection a higher percentage of commission on Logo items and the Vendor is not willing to pay it to the cruise lines so they will not offer these items. It is mostly about greed between the two. Sadly no one is winning.

Did you notice how many items are "Out of Stock"?

Sadly it was a great idea NCL had that flopped, or someone that dropped the ball on maintaining it, it is correct everything is almost Out of Stock, they did not replenish this items but part of the fun is actually buying it on your cruise. It actually is something that is a good memory to bring home. I get a big smile when I see or put on my NCL Pearl sweatshirt.

Just looked-- shipping is a lot

YES! We would love to see more NCL / ship merchandise . So many times in the store, we think we missed the logo area. Lol

Safe sailing

You aren't kidding about the shipping! Back in February I booked a Getaway cruise for 2017. As a surprise for my son I was going to order one of the NCL Getaway lanyards to let him know what ship we would be sailing. Key word here.......WAS!

I added the $2.57 lanyard to my cart and proceeded to the check out. Much to my surprise my $2.57 lanyard was now $36.41. Really NCL? $33.84 to ship a lanyard from Miami to my home? Are they trying to make their on line store fail miserably? Because if they continue to charge that much for shipping such a small (could be sent as regular letter mail) item it is definitely headed in that direction...SMH. :rolleyes:

Thanks but no thanks NCL!

I'm wondering if there is maybe an upcoming logo change coming. It would be one explanation for these items being out of stock both onboard and online. I noticed on the website many items were on clearance too so it seemed like they were trying to push remaining stock.

It would also be nice to be able to see a decent selection of T-Shirts at a reasonable price throughout the cruise rather than the mad house on the pool deck when they only have one poor person manning a table with t-shirts stacked in a totally unfriendly was.

I don't want to pay more for a T-shirt that is free advertising for NCL than one that I can buy at home of a similar quality. We have several RCCL and Princess shirts and hats each, but we don't have NCL shirts because either I couldn't find the design and size combinations that I liked, or I wasn't willing to wait 15 minutes or more to pay for my purchase.

I too was disappointed with the store on the Jade, very large store with little merchandise, not much in the way of outerwear, shirts and totes..the liquor was overpriced ...the jewelry half of the store was full of higher end jewelry and hovering salespeople . First cruise I've been on that I didn't purchase anything from the store

I would love to see more logo items on the ship. We like to bring back souvenirs for the family and it's the same few things every time we sail on NCL. My sister already has the mug, our son and his girlfriend already have the polo shirts and my 1 year old grandson already has the teddy bear. There is nothing else to buy for them.

We sailed on the Dawn in September for the New England/Canada cruise. There was not a single item for that cruise. Everything was for the Bermuda cruise. Also I have always bought a magnet and ornament from every cruise ship I've been on. The Dawn did not have ANY I'd either. I was so disappointed that I wrote customer service when I returned. The lady that answered me apologized and she found me a Christmas ornament for the Dawn and sent it to me free of charge. She could not find a magnet. She forwarded my message to the ships store supplier to let them know. The ornament is not nearly as nice as past ones I have bought from other ships. Hopefully they will correct this problem.