Value of booking a suite ?

padgman1

We were able to get an upgrade from Aqua class to Royal Suite. If you factor the freebies (internet, drink package, restaurants, etc.) it worked out to a difference of about $30 per person per day for our situation. We thought it was a good deal for the much large space, hot tub on the balcony, butler, etc.

Continued fantastic responses, keep them coming !

Cle-guy and 4774Papa, I would say DW and I are both "ship" and "port" people, depending on the cruise.....but we really liked all the sea days on our 18 day TP cruise 2 years ago on Solstice......currently looking for cruises with at least a mix of both port and sea days, as both are enjoyable...

ehfl, let us ALL know how you managed that upgrade !

Trying to lock down a week Caribbean cruise now for winter season 2017....waiting for 2017 fall TA's ( besides Eclipse) to come on line in a couple of weeks....

Continued fantastic responses, keep them coming !

Cle-guy and 4774Papa, I would say DW and I are both "ship" and "port" people, depending on the cruise.....but we really liked all the sea days on our 18 day TP cruise 2 years ago on Solstice......currently looking for cruises with at least a mix of both port and sea days, as both are enjoyable...

ehfl, let us ALL know how you managed that upgrade !

Trying to lock down a week Caribbean cruise now for winter season 2017....waiting for 2017 fall TA's ( besides Eclipse) to come on line in a couple of weeks....

I think everyone is a little bit of each, but we are more on the port end. Cruising is a convenient way to see a lot and we usually combine the cruise with several days of a land trip. Like the ship as a floating hotel with restaurants, entertainment and fitness facilities.

We do enjoy the social aspect of cruising, meeting people on cc then later at happy hour and dinner.

Our recent upgrade to a sky suite was via a phone call from Celebrity about two weeks before the cruise.

I think everyone is a little bit of each, but we are more on the port end. Cruising is a convenient way to see a lot and we usually combine the cruise with several days of a land trip. Like the ship as a floating hotel with restaurants, entertainment and fitness facilities.

We do enjoy the social aspect of cruising, meeting people on cc then later at happy hour and dinner.

Our recent upgrade to a sky suite was via a phone call from Celebrity about two weeks before the cruise.

Happy Hour ? dont spread that on here - some bods will have apoplectic fits [emoji33]

I get bored after a couple of sea days, so post breakfast we are off ship, walking around the port and whatever is close. It does not matter that we have been before, even many times I want off for a few hours.

we are the same. even sit in a cafe or bar and buy drinks. seems a tad illogical given my premium alco package but , particularly in Europe, one appreciates how good back street cafes and bars can be. [emoji41]

We don't mind going back to the same places many times, there's always something new to see and do and plenty of good friends to spend time with.

Our reason for booking Sky Suites is so I can have the sofa to escape to if the snoring gets unbearable.:eek:

We don't mind going back to the same places many times, there's always something new to see and do and plenty of good friends to spend time with.

Our reason for booking Sky Suites is so I can have the sofa to escape to if the snoring gets unbearable.:eek:

earplugs must be a tad expensive where mabell lives [emoji41]

perhaps chic ones are not available ?

Edited by LA_Design

I really like the sofa in a Sky Suite so I can read while my DW sleeps...I'm a early riser, so I'll go off to Café al Bacio for lattes and baked goods and read for awhile, then head back to room, lounge on sofa and read some more until she wakes up...

Which is why I could not pass up being in another SS....booked for January 2017 on Reflection :D ...

• 1 month later...
We are booking on Reflections in March 2016 7 day Eastern cribbean. I booked a A1 cabin for the cost of a A2 while on a cruise with the all in 123go perk. The price difference is $1000. Being that we have the all in 123go and are Elite plus. It just does not seem worth the price. So then I checked out our May 2017 Hawaii cruise. We only got 1 perk with that booking. They wanted double the price we are paying for our A1 cabin. Our other two cruises the suites are all gone.

We now have a S1 booked and paid for. I got one of the old Aqua Suites. So we still get the great shower wall. The cost for upgrading was off set by some more OBC.

I know we can eat in Blu, Luminae and MDR. As we are in a Sky suite where else can we eat that would normally have a fee? I heard talk of Bistro on 5.

We now have a S1 booked and paid for. I got one of the old Aqua Suites. So we still get the great shower wall. The cost for upgrading was off set by some more OBC.

I know we can eat in Blu, Luminae and MDR. As we are in a Sky suite where else can we eat that would normally have a fee? I heard talk of Bistro on 5.

When we were on Reflection in mid December, suite passengers were welcome to eat lunch at the Bistro on Five for free but - NOTE - only on port days if/when Luminae is not offering lunch. You will also have one complimentary meal in a specialty restaurant of your choice on a seven-day cruise, two meals if 8+ days.

Luminae and Michaels (never even remotely crowded during our cruise) were very meaningful benefits for us.

Just to clarify the above post; Signature Suite, Royal Suite, Penthouse Suite and Reflection Suite have unlimited dining in all speciality restaurants included in their fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tazza_0712

And as booked prior to 1st Jan.....

The benefit for complimentary specialty dining is changing for Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites. For all bookings (regardless of sailing date) that are made prior to January 1, 2016, Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite guests will still receive 1 specialty dining reservation for all guests in the suite for cruises that are 7 nights or less and 2 specialty dining reservations for all guests in the suite for cruises that are 8 nights or more.:) For bookings made after January 1, 2016, the specialty dining amenity for Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites will no longer apply.:(

And as booked prior to 1st Jan.....

The benefit for complimentary specialty dining is changing for Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites. For all bookings (regardless of sailing date) that are made prior to January 1, 2016, Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite guests will still receive 1 specialty dining reservation for all guests in the suite for cruises that are 7 nights or less and 2 specialty dining reservations for all guests in the suite for cruises that are 8 nights or more.:) For bookings made after January 1, 2016, the specialty dining amenity for Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites will no longer apply.:(

To confuse the issue even more:

If you booked a regular cabin before Jan 1, but upgrade to a suite at a later date, will they count your booking date for purposes of the complimentary specialty dining as the date you originally booked the cruise, or the date on which you upgrade to the suite?

To confuse the issue even more:

If you booked a regular cabin before Jan 1, but upgrade to a suite at a later date, will they count your booking date for purposes of the complimentary specialty dining as the date you originally booked the cruise, or the date on which you upgrade to the suite?

I would guess it would be on the date that you actually upgraded. The same for an Open Passages. It would be based on the date you booked the suite and not when you purchased the Open Passage.

But one could always ask and Celebrity on the ship might not notice when you actually upgraded.

Just to clarify the above post; Signature Suite, Royal Suite, Penthouse Suite and Reflection Suite have unlimited dining in all speciality restaurants included in their fare.

Thanks, I should have said SKY suite passengers...etc and mentioned the need to book by Jan. 1.

(There will be a quiz.)

Edited by Caribbean Chris

Thanks, I should have said SKY suite passengers...etc and mentioned the need to book by Jan. 1.

(There will be a quiz.)

It appears as though it has become even more confusing :-O

My parents are currently onboard Solstice in an RS and were informed incorrectly whilst onboard that they would be charged to dine at Bistro on Five. I sent them the extract from Celebrity's own website so that they could straighten things out. I can't stand it when paying customers need to argue for access to something that was advertised/marketed/promised. Does my head in.

I got hooked into suites for an upcoming AK cruise, b/c had to have a veranda. But this is bucket list and money can buy time and excellence. So CC? No, Sky Suite. Booked. Then a CS became available, starboard and forward facing. Couldn't be better. So no tradeoffs. So happy. Any priority tendering, or getting off, or excursions, or meals will all make things wonderful. So worth it to me.

The price jumps were real, but also not so super grand for this AK cruise. Not quite the starbucks trap of 50 cents more from small to medium and again to large. But still, worth the jump for me.

Automatic special resto w/ great reviews: Luminae. Special concierge, Michaels Club, etc. Seem like real perks. Many cruise lines don't know how to offer real perks. Celebrity does. Plus non smoking, etc. For sure my sweet point. Not very experienced, but I research like mad. I can't wait. I'll be honest post-hoc, but I'm psyched now. And won't let small things get in my way.

We have been on six cruises staying in the lowest priced balcony room, concierge rooms, aqua rooms and last year in a SS1. We enjoyed every cruise regardless of the type room, but LOVED, LOVED LOVED the corner aft sky suite last year. I don't know that we would pay the extra for a regular sky suite because the SS1 rooms are much larger, have a wrap around balcony and have a huge porthole that makes the cabin so much brighter. We also LOVED the suite restaurant. They give you wonderful service, the food was tremendous and best of all is the open space between the tables. We always felt crowded in the MDR. We are booked next month for a 14 night cruise....guess which room. We were willing to pay the extra for another SS1 cabin. The four free perks that were included were just icing on the cake! So, DEFINITELY go for a sky suite if it's a SS1.....maybe for a regular SS. Happy cruising regardless!