When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

True, sometimes the pool area is VERY crowded. Maybe they need to charge a la carte for that. X amount of money for X amount of time. That should help with the crowd.

Harriet

This is where we part company, I understand being upset about something but the pie in the sky what if they charge for this or what if they charge for that is strange. If you watch to my videos you will see on the escape that although the ship was packed lounge chairs were never an issue. There was always more than needed available.

well, this thread took sort of a creepy turn...

That's their mo bring up something off the wall about me and then when I defend myself or say something back I become the bad guy. How about from now on we all just stay on topic and no more bringing random things up about me? I know it shall be hard for some of you but I'm sure we can accomplish it being that we are all adults. We can disagree without personal attacks I promise you we can.

Look back I wasn't the one who first mentioned things that I have said on Facebook. That was when started getting creepy I just simply wanted to see the people who were talking about me. Think about it if somebody started randomly quoting back to you things you post it on a completely different site you would wonder too lol.

Ahhh, wanting to see photos of people here and asking here 'is creepy'.

Harriet

True, sometimes the pool area is VERY crowded. Maybe they need to charge a la carte for that. X amount of money for X amount of time. That should help with the crowd.

Harriet

LOL

Lets hope not, I hope you have a great time on your cruise in January!

LOL

Lets hope not, I hope you have a great time on your cruise in January!

I will, no matter what! Have everything already reserved. Shows and dinner. Will get $$ from CAS to use towards food which I'll use for lunches at a few places I want to go, am in the Haven, have UBP and UDP.

Life's good!

Harriet

That's their mo bring up something off the wall about me and then when I defend myself or say something back I become the bad guy. How about from now on we all just stay on topic and no more bringing random things up about me? I know it shall be hard for some of you but I'm sure we can accomplish it being that we are all adults. We can disagree without personal attacks I promise you we can.

Mentioning that in one place you state a $20 fee for burgers is ok but in another you complain about $7 burgers (in a town full of $20 burgers ironically) is not a personal attack. It's an observation and really appropriate in this thread. Not everyone that disagrees with you is attacking you. Don't be so thin skinned, we are all discussing ideas.

By the way I read that the 3 day sailed with 90% occupancy. That ship will sail the Caribbean in the summer at 110% occupancy. I'd love to see the deck chair situation then...

So with it being difficult to get food on the Escape- for those of you who have sailed- would you recommend booking the complimentary dining rooms online? I have booked 3 specialties but not any mdr's for the other nights.

I will, no matter what! Have everything already reserved. Shows and dinner. Will get $$ from CAS to use towards food which I'll use for lunches at a few places I want to go, am in the Haven, have UBP and UDP.

Life's good!

Harriet

Excellent, I'll be looking for your review, we leave about a month after you

Mentioning that in one place you state a $20 fee for burgers is ok but in another you complain about $7 burgers (in a town full of $20 burgers ironically) is not a personal attack. It's an observation and really appropriate in this thread. Not everyone that disagrees with you is attacking you. Don't be so thin skinned, we are all discussing ideas.

By the way I read that the 3 day sailed with 90% occupancy. That ship will sail the Caribbean in the summer at 110% occupancy. I'd love to see the deck chair situation then...

But you didn't quote me correctly, if it's on topic I said this and I said this when I complained about it so you didn't quote me entirely. I went to the place and said how big is the burger? He said about the size of a McDonalds Burger and I said that's a lot for a small burger that I can get for a dollar at McDonalds. If the quality is worth the money I will pay anything.

But you didn't quote me correctly, if it's on topic I said this and I said this when I complained about it so you didn't quote me entirely. I went to the place and said how big is the burger? He said about the size of a McDonalds Burger and I said that's a lot for a small burger that I can get for a dollar at McDonalds. If the quality is worth the money I will pay anything.

You say you will pay for quality, but opted not to because of the size; so it's really more about quantity because you haven't sampled the item to say if it is quality or not. So what makes a Margaritaville burger worth $20 to you when you could get more food by quantity for $2 at McDonalds?

And no matter how good you ultimately find it; wouldn't you prefer that NCL didn't charge for it, like the had advertised?

Finally, since you were in the Haven why didn't you have the butler just call in an order and get it for you? They would have done that for you.

Harriet

You know, if one could reserve lets a a full sun lounger, or a shade lounger with good pool view/access, your name with a reserved sign so chair hogs don't grab it, I would pay say $20/day for the ease. I would pay $30/day if there were dedicated pool boys to serve you drinks as well.

You know, if one could reserve lets a a full sun lounger, or a shade lounger with good pool view/access, your name with a reserved sign so chair hogs don't grab it, I would pay say $20/day for the ease. I would pay $30/day if there were dedicated pool boys to serve you drinks as well.

In the old days on most ocean liners this was standard procedure. Passengers would scope out their favorite deck chair and pay the deck steward to reserve it for the entire cruise. They were the wood deck chairs back then with pads, and there would be a little slot in the back where your name would be inserted. To my knowledge there was never an issue of your reserved chair having to be enforced. People simply respected that it was reserved and probably had a reserved chair of their own. Different times.

While I am not a big fan of HAL, one of the things I liked is if you booked a room with a sliding glass door that opens to the Promenade, you get two reserved wooden loungers on the Promendade next to the sliding glass door

Harriet

One other thought, handle pool like Vegas does. Say one or two sea days a cruise makes the pool a nightclub during the day. Add Cabanas, bottle service, a hot DJ from Miami. In Vegas DJ's make more than entertainment and are on every billboard. Grap a Miami DJ, setup the nightclub. A cover charge to cover the cost of the DJ and cabana's. Guys buying drinks increase the bar tab. If it works in Vegas, and cruise ships are competing with Vegas, sure would be better entertainment than a eventing show. It would also draw a bigger spending demographic and more of a long term demographic the ships are looking for.

One other thought, handle pool like Vegas does. Say one or two sea days a cruise makes the pool a nightclub during the day. Add Cabanas, bottle service, a hot DJ from Miami. In Vegas DJ's make more than entertainment and are on every billboard. Grap a Miami DJ, setup the nightclub. A cover charge to cover the cost of the DJ and cabana's. Guys buying drinks increase the bar tab. If it works in Vegas, and cruise ships are competing with Vegas, sure would be better entertainment than a eventing show. It would also draw a bigger spending demographic and more of a long term demographic the ships are looking for.

The difference is that on the ship, men are with their wives....not their girlfriends. ;)

:eek:

So with it being difficult to get food on the Escape- for those of you who have sailed- would you recommend booking the complimentary dining rooms online? I have booked 3 specialties but not any mdr's for the other nights.

It does seem limited for lunch and breakfast choices. Is there room or will it be always crowded everywhere on sea days.

Reading your post just made me book a trip to Vegas. I try to go every year during the NCAA bball tourney, but I was going to take 2016 off. All it took was a post saying "Vegas" and I'm booked. Haha