Independence of the Seas main dining room or specialty restaurants?

Sergio11

Hello everyone, I need some advice, I just got off the Liberty of the Seas about a week ago and I will be on the Independence of the Seas on January 2 for 5 nights. I have been on 4 cruises this year so far and I'm starting to get a little bit bored with the menus from the main dining room. I have tried everything once twice, five times. Lol . I was thinking of switching it up a bit and just doing specialty restaurants for the 5 nights instead of the main dining room. Any pros and cons or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have the five day menu for the independence.

Thanks for your help

Chops is a great steakhouse. We really have enjoyed our meals there! We haven't been to Giovanni's Table so I can't comment on that restaurant, but it's older sister, Portifinos was great! I like the specialty restaurants, they are quieter, smaller, and just a more intimate personalized experience. To us well worth the money!

Hello everyone, I need some advice, I just got off the Liberty of the Seas about a week ago and I will be on the Independence of the Seas on January 2 for 5 nights. I have been on 4 cruises this year so far and I'm starting to get a little bit bored with the menus from the main dining room. I have tried everything once twice, five times. Lol . I was thinking of switching it up a bit and just doing specialty restaurants for the 5 nights instead of the main dining room. Any pros and cons or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have the five day menu for the independence.

Thanks for your help

Boarding Independence tomorrow and will be dining at both Specialty restaurants so will report back.

• 4 weeks later...

My DH and I were on the Dec. 10th sailing. Ate in the WJ one night, dining room one night and Chops and Giovanni's the first and last nights. We booked with OBC that came with the cruise so it didn't feel like there was any real cost. The WJ was fine but we were not impressed with the food in the dining room. We really enjoyed both Chops and Giovanni's. Recommend booking early as we had to eat at 5 pm to get into Chops the last night.

Edited by Patti72357

...which is my only argument with the specialty restaurants on Independence. ;)

But Mike, they were very tasty. :D

Happy New Years to you and Tami. You might notice the new avatar pic. The Boss 429 is done and is spectacular. I took first in the American Muscle Car class at the Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance this September. We also finished filming the follow up episode for Legendary Motorcar. It should be airing in the spring, so keep your eyes open for its airing.

Say hi to the family.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

But Mike, they were very tasty. :D

Happy New Years to you and Tami. You might notice the new avatar pic. The Boss 429 is done and is spectacular. I took first in the American Muscle Car class at the Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance this September. We also finished filming the follow up episode for Legendary Motorcar. It should be airing in the spring, so keep your eyes open for its airing.

Say hi to the family.

Andrew

I do in fact see the new avatar - very nice indeed and congrats on the prize! I will watch for the show - will be good to see the follow up.

Happy Holidays to you as well, Andrew, and best to the family from us!

Mike & Tami

Edited by leaveitallbehind