New luggage storage facility at Circular Quay

Just back from a cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Our Flight back to NZ didn't depart until 4 pm so after a bit of browsing through this forum and on google for a luggage storage facility in Sydney I found a business that just opened on 30 November.

Smartecarte baggage storage , 20 Loftus Street, Sydney which is just a short walk from the overseas passenger terminal. http://www.baggagestorage.com.au/

They opened at 8am which is great for cruise ship passengers . No lockers at present just a front desk and luggage stored behind a curtain behind the desk.

We paid $13 per suitcase to store it for up to 8 hours. They charge $11 for 4 hours .

Worked out well for us and after a few hours of shopping / sight seeing in town it was just a short walk back down to the Circular Quay Station to catch the train to the Airport.

A handy facility and may be of use to some others from outside of Sydney post cruise.

Sounds like a great business opportunity much needed service. Another business op would be for porters to take peoples bags to and from the station to the bag drop area for those who may need it.:D

That would be a good money spinner I suspect, and maybe from the ship to this luggage storage place too.

I would definitely use this but was just looking at where it's located - I wonder if it's just that little bit too far to walk to lugging suitcases and carryons, especially for anyone a little older or those with kids etc? (On my next cruise I will be with my elderly Mum who would never be able to do it, and I couldn't lug her luggage as well as mine.) It seems to be a good couple of blocks from Circular Quay.

I would definitely use this but was just looking at where it's located - I wonder if it's just that little bit too far to walk to lugging suitcases and carryons, especially for anyone a little older or those with kids etc? (On my next cruise I will be with my elderly Mum who would never be able to do it, and I couldn't lug her luggage as well as mine.) It seems to be a good couple of blocks from Circular Quay.

The porter service would be good for you then, too bad it doesn't exist yet. Perhaps a taxi may be a better option for you and your mum.

Edited by MicCanberra

I noticed something similar at Central Railway station, country platforms last week. Good to have luggage storage facilities again. The country railway station in Melbourne also has lots of lockers of various sizes which we have used, the big ones can hold quite a bit!

Steve.

I noticed something similar at Central Railway station, country platforms last week. Good to have luggage storage facilities again. The country railway station in Melbourne also has lots of lockers of various sizes which we have used, the big ones can hold quite a bit!

Steve.

Yes, they were closed for quite a while but it is good to have them in use again:D

Probably not, I assumed you would be going to the airport.:D

We'll be spending the day in Sydney before we fly out at 6pm, so luggage storage for 8 hours would be perfect. I may have to leave my Mum on a bench at Circular Quay and lug one suitcase up there, and then go back for the other :eek: Will make sure I have one with 4 wheels methinks...

Edit: - I just google mapped it and it's a 7 minute walk. Annoying (especially 2 runs) - but doable.

Edited by Cassicruiser

We'll be spending the day in Sydney before we fly out at 6pm, so luggage storage for 8 hours would be perfect. I may have to leave my Mum on a bench at Circular Quay and lug one suitcase up there, and then go back for the other :eek: Will make sure I have one with 4 wheels methinks...

Edit: - I just google mapped it and it's a 7 minute walk. Annoying (especially 2 runs) - but doable.

Righto, I am sure you will work it out, especially now you have another option..:D

Edited by MicCanberra

That's the place we were going to use until we found it didn't open until 9.30am.

That would be an issue if you wanted to disembark early. We usually take our time and disembark as late as they'll let us without calling security to forcibly remove us :D. So we're onboard till about 9am or so.

That would be an issue if you wanted to disembark early. We usually take our time and disembark as late as they'll let us without calling security to forcibly remove us :D. So we're onboard till about 9am or so.

I imagine that for some that it is too late but then there is the second option now.:D

I wonder if travel insurance would cover you if items were stolen during storage? I believe most don't provide cover for hotel luggage storage.

I don't know, each person would have to check their policies. It may come down to whether it is clearly excluded or included.