Waves & vat

JACKHAWK

We were on the BCN to MIA Riviera cruise.

We had read so much on Cruise Critic about Surf & Turf at Waves. We were very disappointed - there were two bites of lobster & they were very tough.

We had also read about the VAT charges from Spain. We never saw any VAT charges for our purchases including buying the wine bottle package when we boarded.

We had read so much on Cruise Critic about Surf & Turf at Waves. We were very disappointed - there were two bites of lobster & they were very tough.

We had also read about the VAT charges from Spain. We never saw any VAT charges for our purchases including buying the wine bottle package when we boarded.

At Waves ask for 2 orders and just eat the bun from 1. Has not been at all tough when I had it in July. We never saw any line item for VAT when leaving Spain

We were on board with you. VAT charges were indeed in place for other alcoholic orders, bottles of wine, etc as per the notice we had in our cabins.

I had read that the VAT is not charged on the 7 bottle package but included in the price. The VAT charges did not last long on the ship and it was only 10% on the alcoholic beverages so not too bad.

If you ordered individual bottles of wine or drinks, it should have been reflected on your bill. If you escaped it, good for you :) We didn't.

I'm not really sure if it was a VAT tax, I believe it was just a Spanish tax. As Kazu mentioned it wasn't on everything. It was 10% from Barcelona till after we left Malaga. Since Jacqui kept all her Currents I'm pretty sure she could find it in them.

Didn't do the Surf & Turf, but I didn't have a couple of Kobe burgers and they were excellent.

I'm not really sure if it was a VAT tax, I believe it was just a Spanish tax. As Kazu mentioned it wasn't on everything. It was 10% from Barcelona till after we left Malaga. Since Jacqui kept all her Currents I'm pretty sure she could find it in them.

Didn't do the Surf & Turf, but I didn't have a couple of Kobe burgers and they were excellent.

Your memory is perfect ORV. The VAT (Spanish tax) was lifted once we left Malaga and were far enough out.

I did have the Surf & Turf sandwich and the first one was pretty good. Florida lobster tends to ge tough easily and is not the same as Atlantic lobster, but I thought it was quite decent ;)

I did find a tendency to over grill the lobster - which can make it tough if that happens.

the sandwich wasn't great after the meat cooking regulation came into effect. Overcooked steak just isn't as tasty ;)

Edited by kazu

Only 2 bites of Lobster.....and it was tough.......How my heart goes out to you....

And we think we have it bad here in So Calif with terrorists shootin and refugees and global warming...... not to mention traffic.....

How you must have suffered....

Sorry - it was merely an observation, after so many people had bragged about it. I was not complaining.

I see that you were in the Navy. Well, I would complain about living with the Special Forces in VN, since the AF was use to other living conditions.

I did live in So Calif for a few years, so I do appreciate how tough you have it.....

Sorry - it was merely an observation, after so many people had bragged about it. I was not complaining.

I see that you were in the Navy. Well, I would complain about living with the Special Forces in VN, since the AF was use to other living conditions.

I did live in So Calif for a few years, so I do appreciate how tough you have it.....

Observations should always be appreciated on these boards JACKHAWK.

they are helpful to many :)

Observations should always be appreciated on these boards JACKHAWK.

they are helpful to many :)

Thank you for bringing in some common sense here. There are bad things going on every day in the world, and if we were to apply the notion that concerns/observations should never be expressed because of the world situation, Cruise Critic should be shut down.