Blocked on aol desktop

KAKcruiser

I was having continuing issues with AOL Desktop a number of months ago. I finally uninstalled it from that computer and then reinstalled it again. It has been fine since. I did lose my favorites that I had on the toolbar but luckily also had them saved in my regular favorites so it did not take long to replace them.

I was a bit apprehensive about removing it (I am not a techie by any stretch of the imagination) but I felt I did not have that much to lose because it was useless the way it was.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me. I upgraded my AOL desktop and I still can't access Cruise Critic. It is the only web site that I am having trouble with. It flashes an error message and says that the site has been blocked. So, I guess I will give up for now and just go directly to Cruise Critic from Internet Explorer. It's not as convenient for me but at least it works.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me. I upgraded my AOL desktop and I still can't access Cruise Critic. It is the only web site that I am having trouble with. It flashes an error message and says that the site has been blocked. So, I guess I will give up for now and just go directly to Cruise Critic from Internet Explorer. It's not as convenient for me but at least it works.

Has AOL support been any help?

Great idea. I contacted AOL support and they advised going to browser settings and deleting the history and cookies. (I think someone else suggested this, too.) Anyhow, it worked. Thanks for your help.

Happy you were able to correct the issue.

Good AOL was helpful. :)

I cannot access Cruise Critic from my AOL Desktop but it works okay if I just go through internet explorer. Has anyone had an experience like this? Or know what's wrong? Thanks.

I understand your frustration but realize I have a Mac and haven't been able to use AOL Desktop for several years now.

Scott & Karen