What are current MSC Black Card Benefits?

gkbiiii

• 2 weeks later...
There used to be a tiered discount, and when they announced the status match they changed it to 5% for all levels. Now I don't see that listed, did they remove the discount since the early fall?

The5% discount is still showing on the UK site across all but the welcome level, so I don't think they've removed that as well as everything else that has gone.

Got of the Divina 2 weeks ago and took the match for Black Card.

1) Priority check-in at pier.

2) Chocolate covered strawberries twice during the week with a bottle of champaign each time.

3) A gift of travel bathroom toiletries in a travel bag.

4) A back bag that you can carry items like swim suites etc

5) Bathrobe and slippers. Slippers you can take with you.

6) Free specialty resturant for 2.

7) Free photo

8) Can't remember how much but a discount in store.

9) Chocolate ship

10) Black Card only cocktail party

We received something every day in our cabin.

BTW this all is per person not per cabin

Edited by Cruise-A-Hoy

Does MSC routinely offer special rates, discounts or credits for cruises booked while on board?

Yes there is an opportunity to buy an OBC for a future cruise. Terms and conditions vary though. eUropean one can be quite restrictive on the cruises you can use it on. Can only be used with early booking price and Voyager Club discount not any other promotion. Managed to use a €10 voucher for a €200 OBC, so it can work. Just make sure you understand the conditions and limitations.

2) Chocolate covered strawberries twice during the week with a bottle of champaign each time.

7) Free photo

9) Chocolate ship

We received something every day in our cabin.

BTW this all is per person not per cabin

Can you say more about the specialty dinner? I've read it was a "tasting" menu? Did you get to select your restaurants or nights? Was it a fixed menu or just like walking in and ordering anything you wanted?

Can you say more about the specialty dinner? I've read it was a "tasting" menu? Did you get to select your restaurants or nights? Was it a fixed menu or just like walking in and ordering anything you wanted?

I've had complimentary dining in Galaxy on Divina on 2 occasions. The taster menu was priced at €30pp in Europe. As I didn't fancy what was on I asked the waiter if I could substitute it with a starter, mains and dessert. He very kindly accommodated me. It would have worked out cheaper, too, than the set price. IIRC the "tasting menu" restriction was removed on my TA to Miami when I received the voucher for the complimentary meal. Also, I think the offer did not apply for Italia Ristorante. You can choose which night you'd like but it's advised that you book in advance (though there's never a problem getting a table - the Galaxy was always almost empty on both Divina & Preziosa any time I've dined there. I always booked because of a particular table position overlooking the pool deck which IMHO is the best seat in the restaurant). I love the rack of lamb and DH always enjoys the turbot, FWIW.

7) Free photo

9) Chocolate ship

Did this all just appear in your cabin or did you have to request it?

Yes we selected the night and specialty dinner. I am not sure what a "tasting menu" is.

We had a special menu but is consisted a salad to start with, a pasta dish and a choice of 3 or 4 items.

The point is that is was free. We looked at the menu before making a reservation as one in our party does not eat meat or fish. They accommodated her with a pasta dish no charge

Yes we selected the night and specialty dinner. I am not sure what a "tasting menu" is.

The point is that is was free.

A tasting menu is several servings of small portions of different foods. In essence, you do not get a full serving of any one plate, rather, you get a taste of this, and a taste of that. This can be productive for those who want to sample everything, without eating enough for a family of four. It's not uncommon, and can be fairly popular depending on your destination.

With regard to "free," it'd probably be best to rephrase it as "it's included." Working up to higher loyalty tiers INCLUDES perks to retain loyal guests ... instead of having them flee to other cruise lines. :)

7) Free photo

9) Chocolate ship

I just got off the Divina in Miami 2 weeks ago.

1. Check in - I was given a number - when I could board. I asked an employee about priority check in. I pointed out this benefit, as I printed off the Black Card goodies. I had to find a supervisor and was finally given priority boarding. If you have a Black Card . . . make sure you aren't denied priority boarding.

2. I got strawberries and champagne once during the week. They were delivered while I was at late dinner . . . meaning I found them in my room about 11pm. The champagne was on ice in a bucket - which they took away the next morning! I did take the champagne to dinner the next night and shared with my tablemates. Waiters did a good job providing glasses and putting the bottle on ice. Strawberries got thrown away. No place to store them! Too full after dinner to eat them. They looked good.

3. I got a bag . . like the ones you get in grocery stores instead of plastic. There was nothing in it!

4. I did not get a bag to put swimsuits, etc in.

5. I got a bathrobe. It was XXXL . . . . I'm more like a L. Worthless.

6. I did enjoy the dinner. I ate at the Galaxy. It was fantastic!

7. I didn't get a photo.

8. I didn't buy anything on the ship.

9. I got a chocolate ship 2nd to the last night . . . again in my cabin when I returned from late dinner. I chipped it off the plate and stuck it in a baggie. I still haven't eaten it yet.

10. Black Card cocktail party was nice.

I also received a fruit bowl . . . grapes, 1 apple, 1 orange. Seems sort of a waste since you can eat all you want on a cruise ship!

-------------------------------------------------------

I really like free cocktails and snack in a private area/lounge as a Royal Diamond and Celebrity Elite. Missed that big time on MSC.!!!!!

I also like free laundry of 30 items . . . . . got that on Celebrity.