Eclipse - Our recent experience

WALKER1313

So is Sue Denning gone now as the CD of Eclipse? She has been the CD for the past three years. We will be on Eclipse in March of 2016 and 2017. I am curious if she will be back or has left the ship as CD.

Apparently Sue is returning to Millennium after her holiday.

NOT SO GREAT...

Murano, Qsine were fantastic as always. Didn't go to Tuscan Grill other than for the Elite Breakfast but others were raving about it. Only issue was that we purchased Murano for $20 each twice and BOGO once during the cruise.

"Only issue was that we purchased Murano for $20 each twice and BOGO once during the cruise".

I'm not sure why it was an issue, can you clarify what you mean? We are sailing in March and were thinking about pre-booking the 5 night package in advance but if there are deals to be had on the ship, then we'll wait?

Thanks

Just like everyone else we love saving money. But the fact that Celebrity(maitre 'd) was needing to drop the price so low is not a positive for specialty dining as a whole. For that particular cruise it was a benefit, but in the long run I think lower prices will mean lower quality food, service, and ambiance. Of course, it could have been an anomaly of that cruise.

You never know if deals will be on the ship or not. Usually but not every time for specialty restaurants. My advice just do Murano.

Do not fear MUTS, its a tiny screen with a tiny volume, we saw Its a wonderful Life on the Dec 13th cruise.

Maybe they are testing for further screens but nothing noisy about this one.

Apparently Sue is returning to Millennium after her holiday.

Millennium's gain is our loss in May then. I just hope Sue is doing a straight swap with Steve Gayda or at least another of the longer established Celebrity CD's takes her place.

• 2 weeks later...
MDR - We didn't have a bad meal. We really don't like the two part menu.(starters and main course) This has become the norm with most cruise lines, but we still try to order 3 courses. Only MDR issue was (we had select dining) that we got stuck at a table for two back in the back of the dining room. They tried seating us there again, but no...

Top Chef was packed. Get there early.

Celebrity life speakers were a mystery writer and a former White house employee. Okay

The "games" by the activity staff were fun though we weren't contestants.

The small shows by the entertainment singers/dancers were better than the main stage shows.

MUTS was a joke. My home TV is larger.

Only a few games at the lawn.

Am really confused. You have a menu with salads and appetizers lumped together and you "tried" to order both. Does this mean they only let you order one? Last cruise we had the same menu and if we wanted 3 things they were gladly provided.

Saw a comment about no table service at Al Bacio. Is certainly true as the area is only big enough for about 3 behind the counter. That number of employees thus can only keep the people at the counter served. Should they put up a table card that there is no table service or would that simply generate more complaints.

Also the games by the activity staff had no contestants? Huh? Do not understand. Did everyone simply watch the staff?

Guess the crowds are the reason I do not cruise over Christmas and New Years. Too many first time cruisers and tons of families cramming in everything possible for their vacation. Seems other times are more relaxed on board.

I as on this cruise & a lot of the main courses were horrible. They cut back on the size too. Most of the steaks except for the tenderloin were tough & had a funny taste. The good thing is you can customize your dinner if need be. The story line for the entertainment was a bit strange but the singing & dancing were good.