Very Recent Food on the Silhouette???

closecruiser

We are sailing on the Silhouette this coming Sunday. Have not cruised Celebrity since 2013. Just wondering how the food in the MDR was. It was very good when we cruised in 2013. I have pictures of the lobster that was excellent, and hoping that we won't be disappointed.

We sailed the Eclipse and the Reflection and am looking forward to the Silhouette.

Thanks

taste is pretty subjective....the only thing that you really can compare is how the food is prepared.....is it dry..or under cooked etc.

We are sailing on the Silhouette this coming Sunday. Have not cruised Celebrity since 2013. Just wondering how the food in the MDR was. It was very good when we cruised in 2013. I have pictures of the lobster that was excellent, and hoping that we won't be disappointed.

We sailed the Eclipse and the Reflection and am looking forward to the Silhouette.

Thanks

Thanks

We sailed on the Silhouette in November and were pleased, but not wowed by the food in the MDR. One issue is that Celebrity would like for you to choose an appetizer, a main entrée and a dessert. Sorry, but I was more interested in the appetizers and salad than the entrees, so I would select two appetizers/salads and one entrée and was usually happy with that because the entrees were, by and large, just okay - so I wouldn't eat much.

Desserts were okay. I stuck primarily with their ice cream or the crème brulee.

Sorry, but the lobster was tasteless. I regularly buy it and serve it at home, so am almost always disappointed when I order it out - too salty, too tough, too tasteless.

All this said, you loved the ship, the service and the staff. We had a great time. So good, we booked another for December 2016 the day after we got home.

Have a great cruise!!

Of the many TA's we have taken, the food on the Silhouette last month was the worst. We finally ended up eating only 6 or 7 of the 15 nights meals. Actually, the food in the buffet was even worse than the MDR. I have never seen so much Indian food and jerk seasoned food. Chef is from Jamaica. On the good side, the cookies in Café Al Bacio were usually fantastic:)

Edited by d4m

In 2013 Celebrity still was a foodies delight. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Enjoy your trip but keep expections low. Whe. When We sail on the silhouette we dine at the lawn club grill twice because it's so good plus eating outside is a pleasure. Enjoy!

Biggest difference between RC and X is the buffet on X has a bunch of cooked to order options that are great!

As for the MDR people grouse about smaller portions when then can ask ahead for a larger one or two orders. Changes in the menu when again they can order just 6 appetizers if they like. And the way the food is cooked - already said as very subjective.

Will note if on early seating there is indeed pressure to move the meal along so as to be ready for 2nd seating. Second seating is a more relaxed slower pace for all.

Of the many TA's we have taken, the food on the Silhouette last month was the worst. We finally ended up eating only 6 or 7 of the 15 nights meals. Actually, the food in the buffet was even worse than the MDR. I have never seen so much Indian food and jerk seasoned food. Chef is from Jamaica. On the good side, the cookies in Café Al Bacio were usually fantastic:)

November Caribbean sailing, food was not very good in the MDR.

I thought that breakfast was good in Ocean view but a zoo after 8:00AM.

We were joking that people would be trying to smuggle food on from the ports. :)

It's so subjective...I was also on the TA & thought the MDR food (at dinner) was much better than what I'd experienced in the past. However, out of 15 nights we did 5 in specialty & I think we got lucky and avoided the less desirable menus. Our party of 4 all agreed that the food was good. That being said, I've read comments from a lot of people on the cruise who were unhappy w/the food. Go figure...

Reflection - Nov 2014 - MDR food was EXCELLENT

Silhouette - Nov 2015 - MDR food was VERY GOOD

I think my perspective on the food experience may be tainted by the service (we had a better wait team in Reflection). I had no complaints about the food on Silhouette.

I will mention that we had select dining both times. based on most reviews, the Select Diner tends to give better reviews than the Traditional guest. Food is a little more made-to-order if you dine Select at an off-time when they are not trying to feed the crowds who arrive en masse at 6PM or 8:30. All our dining times were at 7PM.

We are on the Silohuette right now and found the food to be average at best, and the service not much better. We are doing a B2B and so far we have found nothing that we want to have again next week.

There are less options too. In the past, the every day menu was on the left hand page and the daily menu was on the right. Now it all fits on the right hand page which leaves the left hand page for alcoholic drink prices.

On the positive side, the ship is in great shape, the cabin steward has been excellent and the entertainment has bee awesome.

We are on the Silohuette right now and found the food to be average at best, and the service not much better. We are doing a B2B and so far we have found nothing that we want to have again next week.

There are less options too. In the past, the every day menu was on the left hand page and the daily menu was on the right. Now it all fits on the right hand page which leaves the left hand page for alcoholic drink prices.

On the positive side, the ship is in great shape, the cabin steward has been excellent and the entertainment has bee awesome.

Please tell more of the awesome entertainment because on our July cruise it was non-existent.

Edited by need2cruisesoon

We will also be on the Silly next month. We truly enjoy the Lawn Grill, Q'sine and Murano- and Bistro on Five for our boarding day lunch- now a tradition on Celebrity. We never had a problem with food in the Main Dining room either- Looking forward to our new adventure, dining in the suite restaurant on this cruise.

The food overall isn't the same as dining in for example Mortons or Ruth Chris- but it is good.

Enjoy your cruise- I am sure you will find plenty to eat in order to gain the traditional 3-8 lbs.!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the Silhouette yesterday. We ate most nights in Blu, the restaurant reserved for Aqua Class guests. Service was fabulous, food (entrees especially) hit or miss. Overall not impressed with the selections and flavors.

Same here, just off the Silhouette yesterday.

We ate all dinners in BLU and overall the food and the service excellent. Some entrees I did like better then others but that might be my taste. One thing I did find, one night they would have 2 or 3 entrees I liked, on other nights I have to settle for the steak or salmon on the every day menu. Steak was good on the every day menu.