Princess Diamond Elite

peterandjoann

The additional OBC after reaching a certain number of cruises beyond elite is quite generous I think. It's a form of additional tiers. Maybe the OP would be happy with Princess calling the level of the first additional OBC "diamond elite" and when reaching the 2nd, 3rd and 4th they could be called "double diamond", triple diamond" and so on. If nothing else the additional tiers are a conversation starter. I enjoy talking to people who have cruised more than I have and if I saw someone's card that had multiple diamonds on it I would probably ask them about what cruises they have been on. If for no other reason than to get information about what I might like to do next.

So I don't think the OP's idea is a bad one and it would be nice to be recognized for ongoing loyalty to a specific company.

Now give us elite members unlimited internet. It's 2016!!!! Ok, I had to rant about that.

Princess should have used the system days cruised.

Why should a person who has only cruised a few short cruises amounting to a few weeks get the same privileges as those that take long cruises and many more days? Turns the black card into a CHEAP win.

Can anyone tell me why a large organization like Carnival allowed this and why?

Princess should have used the system days cruised.

Why should a person who has only cruised a few short cruises amounting to a few weeks get the same privileges as those that take long cruises and many more days? Turns the black card into a CHEAP win.

Can anyone tell me why a large organization like Carnival allowed this and why?

This has been argued about several times in the past. I use to feel the same way as you do and was rather vocal about it. Now I'm mostly in the "To Each His Own" camp.....:):):)

Bob

This has been argued about several times in the past. I use to feel the same way as you do and was rather vocal about it. Now I'm mostly in the "To Each His Own" camp.....:):):)

Bob

Most keep to their short cruises,There are exceptions. So as they say in the old country 'Never the twain shall meet';)

Edited by kruisey

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any Princess Cruisers out there that agree with what I have proposed to Princess. The following is what I sent them a few months ago. And, if you agree with my proposal, forward it onto them showing your support.

To Captain’s Circle

My wife and I have been sailing with Princess, and only Princess, since 1995; and, have now completed forty-five cruises on seventeen different Princess ships. We thoroughly enjoy everything about your line, from the ships, to the food, to the entertainment, and most importantly, the staff and crew. We are at the “Elite” level of the Captain’s Circle, and enjoy and appreciate the “rewards” and recognition that we receive from Princess.

However, as we continue to cruise with Princess we wonder what comes after “Elite”. With cruising becoming more and more accessible to travellers, more and more “cruisers” will achieve this level in the Captain Circle. We, of course, are not looking for more “rewards”, but do really appreciate the recognition our “Elite” status gives us among your crew.

What we would like to propose is that an additional level be added to recognize those passengers who have sailed well beyond the 16+ cruises of the “Elite” level. In concert with the 50th anniversary of Princess Cruise Lines, we propose a “Diamond Elite” level at 50+ cruises. A total of fifty cruises is a significant achievement, and a “Diamond Elite” status would further acknowledge and enthusiastically recognize those passengers who continue to sail with Princess. It would identify the ultimate level of continued loyalty over many years and cruises. Certainly maintain the impressive black “Elite” cruise card with its silver writing; but, add a bright diamond, and the “Diamond Elite” designation, to readily identify your most loyal passengers. The “Diamond” would correspond to the precious metals and gemstone concept presented with the Gold, Ruby and Platinum levels while enhancing the “Elite” status. And, to encourage and recognize passengers who have sailed on even more cruises with Princess, and to address the “what comes next” question, the Diamond elite card could have one diamond for fifty cruises, 2 diamonds for fifty-five cruises, 3 diamonds for sixty cruises, etc.

And, if you did want to add a few perks to your long list of rewards, a one-time per cruise waiver of a speciality restaurant cover charge accompanied by a complementary bottle of wine would be very nice touch.

Peter and Jo Ann Hall

Oh Peter and Joann,

Where do i start with this eloquently written gem of a request..I do not think that a cruise card with a special emblem recognizing this achievement is enough recognition for all of the sacrifice you and your spouse have had to endure.

Here are a few ditties of what i think you should be granted:

1. A private embarkation lounge fully stocked with the finest of wines, champagnes, Italian meats and cheeses. adored with the finest furnishings including french crystal chandeliers. I would also want this space to have all glass floor to ceiling walls so everyone can see who is in this private enclave.

2. Maybe Princess can provide these well traveled guests a bright "princess" blue colored jump suit with a embossed diamond not only on the front...but also visible on the back so everyone can notice you and be in aww of your travel accomplishments.

3. And lastly...Princess can give every passenger in this new category a personalized picture frame with the words "Grandma and Grampa...we miss you" so you can at least have pictures of the many loved ones that you leave behind for weeks and months at a time as you try your hardest to achieve 60...70...80...cruise status!!

In closing...well...your mind is already made up...why bother...ugghh..enjoy your quest to be considered the best. I bet your extended family would rather have you sitting with them during holiday on the patio or deck retelling family stories that have made you who you are with a grandaughter sitting on your lap..instead of listening to mundane travel stories that they were not a part of...

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Best,

Mark

Groucho Marx’s letter of resignation to the Friars’ Club: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.” Exactly how I feel.:mad: Thanks Mark. I lived in CA and most people I met feel like they are the Privy Few. One girl told me People were buying Mercedes and they didn't deserve them. You forgot the Oriental hand maidens to cater to their whims!

Edited by WupperAV

I've come to expect an invite most times. It's the one perk that's way above the rest as far as I'm concerned. :) I only wish it wasn't held on a formal night when the restaurant has better food at dinner. ;)
You're lucky and must have a lot of days. At about 415 days, I'm almost never invited. Only a very few times out of all of my cruises. I always seem to miss the cut-off by 15-20 days.

I can honestly say in my 25 cruises I have never heard anyone flaunting their

Loyalty status. Guess I was just lucky!

Reader

Me neither. Never. But then I've also run across about 10% of the complainers and nasties that other seem to report about. I think tables for 2 in the dining room have a lot to do with it.

I might be in one of the super elite categories some day if it ever comes about and I don't spend a second worrying about it. What we get now is wonderful. What we get as Diamond and Elite on RC and X is wonderful too...loyalty benefits are not the reason Princess is our first choice. OBCs and passenger laundries are.

My only request (and I make it on here and on my post-cruise surveys) is that they change the minibar to drink coupons where you could trade in the coupons and get the same minibar or use them to purchase drinks around the ship. Honestly, we have close to 200 minibottles of gin stored in our kitchen, unused from minibar set ups. We simply don't drink in our cabin.

This is an older thread that I resisted, but....

I think there should be one more level achieved on your last cruise called the Eternity Level.

You will either get a Red Card or a White Card.

The White Card will be given to past cruisers that have always treated both Crew and Fellow Cruisers with courtesy and respect (even when it was challenging) and for those who truly felt blessed with the ability to cruise.

And, The Red Card will be given to....well, you get the idea.

I know, 'How Idealistic!'

Please take with tongue in cheek. Just my naive opinion. Also, I will resist responding to any goading!

As always, Safe Journeys, Paul

This is an older thread that I resisted, but....

I think there should be one more level achieved on your last cruise called the Eternity Level.

You will either get a Red Card or a White Card.

The White Card will be given to past cruisers that have always treated both Crew and Fellow Cruisers with courtesy and respect (even when it was challenging) and for those who truly felt blessed with the ability to cruise.

And, The Red Card will be given to....well, you get the idea.

I know, 'How Idealistic!'

Please take with tongue in cheek. Just my naive opinion. Also, I will resist responding to any goading!

As always, Safe Journeys, Paul

Nah, they don't need cards. Everyone else already knows who these folks are whether they be red or white.

You are lucky. I had one occasion several cruises ago where an older lady actually yelled at me because she thought she should be able to jump ahead of me in the Suite/Elite line at the PSD.....:)

I've had the same thing at the desk, also at tender lines people going I'm Elite let me through. Asking for something and saying I'm elite after they ask. Before i was elite I was standing once with my card out in the suite/elite line and was told I was in the wrong line by a lady. I just stood there waiting my turn. When my turn came she walked ahead of me to the girl at the desk. I walked up and handed the girl my card and said she just jumped ahead of me. The girl told her in a nice way to get back in line and wait her turn. She gave a big huff and said this is bull she then walked away mad. I guess what she wanted wasn't all that important. It happens.

Oh Peter and Joann,

Where do i start with this eloquently written gem of a request..I do not think that a cruise card with a special emblem recognizing this achievement is enough recognition for all of the sacrifice you and your spouse have had to endure.

Here are a few ditties of what i think you should be granted:

1. A private embarkation lounge fully stocked with the finest of wines, champagnes, Italian meats and cheeses. adored with the finest furnishings including french crystal chandeliers. I would also want this space to have all glass floor to ceiling walls so everyone can see who is in this private enclave.

2. Maybe Princess can provide these well traveled guests a bright "princess" blue colored jump suit with a embossed diamond not only on the front...but also visible on the back so everyone can notice you and be in aww of your travel accomplishments.

3. And lastly...Princess can give every passenger in this new category a personalized picture frame with the words "Grandma and Grampa...we miss you" so you can at least have pictures of the many loved ones that you leave behind for weeks and months at a time as you try your hardest to achieve 60...70...80...cruise status!!

In closing...well...your mind is already made up...why bother...ugghh..enjoy your quest to be considered the best. I bet your extended family would rather have you sitting with them during holiday on the patio or deck retelling family stories that have made you who you are with a grandaughter sitting on your lap..instead of listening to mundane travel stories that they were not a part of...

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Best,

Mark

Regarding # 2, you forgot to include the Seawitch Logo on the jumpsuit [emoji16]

Your post made me truly LOL

Perks are nice but because we live in Canada and we can only cruise once a year we take a longer cruise but we will not be elite for probably 5 more years. We got out Plat card last cruise and we always have a laugh on how much that grey card cost us...lol. Even if there were no such rewards we would still be cruising with Princess. The memories and the wonderful times and friends and places are why we cruise. Its just a card and there will always be someone with more travels than we will ever have!

I have the answer,maybe they should get their own special diamond elite ship(their very own),and then be issued with blue cards again,and have their squabbles and one upmanship filmed and shown on MUTS,on the cruises with lesser mortals,would be great entertainment.:eek::eek:

By the way what do they say to the captain at these special functions and dinners.Stuff like,great cruising today cap,nice microphone work cap.Hows the wife or boyfriend cap.Nice horn-blowing cap.The mind boggles.

Last cruise we were on the prom and the captain walked past,so we both stood to attention and saluted,He said afternoon ladies,are you enjoying yourselves and behaving,we said yes on first,no on second SIR,and we all had a good laugh.The man is just a simple human being,not a god.:):)

Unlike you, I cruise about 4 different lines currently, Princess, Holland America, Cunard and Celebrity. So we don't cruise Princess exclusively.

We have the most cruises with Princess and prefer Princess over other lines. Given our experience on a total of 9 different lines over the years and well over 60 cruises. Princess is the most generous in treating repeat passengers.

I don't see any need for an additional level. Princess already awards passengers in excess of 20 cruises with extra OBCs.

We cruise mostly for the cruise experience and ports of call. Repeat passenger benefits are just icing on the cake for us.

just curious, im new to cruising. what are the benefits at elite status?

Yes, Princess has a number of perks for people at the Elite level including:

-priority embarkation

- one free minibarsetup

- free wine tasting

- internet credit

- priority tendering

and others

Royal Caribbean did this some years back, they added the Pinnacle level (700 cruise days) this was done because some Diamond Plus members (185 Cruise days) felt they needed to be more recolonized as top cruisers....so a few years in some of these top Pinnacle members feel they now need more recognition....it's never ending for these people, nothing makes them happy...

I like the way Princess offers their top cruisers perks without having to advertise them...once you reach them, you get them...like the OBC after 20 cruises, top cruisers party etc.

Edited by robandana

Royal Caribbean did this some years back, they added the Pinnacle level (700 cruise days) this was done because some Diamond Plus members (185 Cruise days) felt they needed to be more recolonized as top cruisers....so a few years in some of these top Pinnacle members feel they now need more recognition....it's never ending for these people, nothing makes them happy...

I like the way Princess offers their top cruisers perks without having to advertise them...once you reach them, you get them...like the OBC after 20 cruises, top cruisers party etc.

Was any perk actually associated with the Pinnacle level cruisers or just recognition? Does it still exists today? I haven't keep up with RCI benefits lately.

At a level of 700 days there can't possible be that many people included and if it was just recognition it doesn't cost the cruise line anything other than a different cruise card to keep them happy.

Remember back in the day when you reached elite flyer levels with airlines based on the number of segments you flew. They have since changed that and for a reason. I believe loyalty levels should be based on a formula that includes;

A) number of nights cruised

B) type of room booked , meaning dollars spent. Bonus points for cruising in a top suite versus the cheapest inside cabin.

Levels and recongition should of course be based on who spends the most time on their ships but they should not overlook who spends the most money to be on their ships.

I agree.....this is what the criteria should be not who can book 15 - 3 day cruises....if people have reached Elite on Princess and need something to strive for then start with another cruise line and strive away...:)

Was any perk actually associated with the Pinnacle level cruisers or just recognition? Does it still exists today? I haven't keep up with RCI benefits lately.

At a level of 700 days there can't possible be that many people included and if it was just recognition it doesn't cost the cruise line anything other than a different cruise card to keep them happy.

Believe the Pinnacle level is similar to the Zenith Level on Celebrity which takes 4x the credits that their Elite Plus requires.

Quite a few perks are involved including access to Michaels Lounge for upscale cocktails and Apps( with Suite passengers), 1600 internet minutes, a Free 7 day Cruise, and quote a few others. There are quite a number of Zenith Members by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app