There seems to be a new beverage package... "Standard"

A Sixth?

Premium,Classic & Standard Beverage Packages all offer alcohol options at different levels.... with Premium and Classic the same ones we know (kinda know... ) but this new "Standard Beverage Package" is a lower level even from classic.

What's up with that?

I am getting a free bev package for all my cruises... and it said "Classic" when I booked... will it still be "classic" when I board?

Anyone run into the new "Standard Beverage Package"

Here's the link....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

beverage-page.jpg

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 73.15 CAD Per NIGHT

Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 86.45 CAD Per NIGHT

Standard Package

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.*Starting from: 59.85 CAD Per NIGHT

As a business consultant it is clear to me what X is positioning themselves to do. The "new" Standard package will become the drink package perk in the future. This will allow X to extract more revenue form people willing to upgrade to Classic and even more revenue for upgrading to Premium. This new package also reduces the cost of the free perk they offer.

Business is a game of balancing increasing revenue without damaging customer satisfaction. No changes are introduced expecting no negative reaction. What a business hopes is the negative will not be enough to change the customers purchasing decision.

So get ready for this change. Be ready to assess if the price X is charging with any associated perks still represent good value. I board the Solstice in 9 weeks for a 35 day B2B and am hoping I will get the classic as my drink perk since I booked a year ago. But X can do whatever they want.

The game is on!

Didn't see that thread thanks

Once again, I don't see O'Douls on ANY list....

Celebrity Cruise Rep!!!!! Are you out there? :p

Where does non alcoholic beer sit within the packages?

image_zpske3vswtr.jpg

negative will not be enough to change the customers purchasing decision.

So get ready for this change. Be ready to assess if the price X is charging with any associated perks still represent good value. I board the Solstice in 9 weeks for a 35 day B2B and am hoping I will get the classic as my drink perk since I booked a year ago. But X can do whatever they want.

The game is on!

I'm about to get aboard the Summit for 49 days straight and one of the perks I'm getting is the Classic package. I started another thread hoping that the "X"rep who posts here can answer me where non-alcoholic beers are positioned...

I'm at the age I have to drink responsibly not just for my fellow passengers but for my own health... too old to have more than a few drinks a day now and don't care for soft drinks..:( (Where were these packages when I was younger!! :D:D )

We always book AQ and understand that daily bottled water is no longer provided after Day 1. That's ok in our case since we have the Classic package and you can get water and take it back to your room. At least you could in the past; has that gone away too?

No problem there!

I assume New Castle Ale is actually Newcastle Brown? Amazed that this and Stella Artois can be sold as 'premium' beers! Stella is 53 pence per can from the local supermarket in bulk, surely this dreadful beer belongs in the 'standard' package. :D

Thank you to the OP and gilladj for your analysis on the next emerging Celebrity price hike.

Gilladj, you are right on.

Provide a further reduced beverage package and call it Standard in the fare - then hike the price of the current basic and premium while reducing the offerings in those packages and increasing drink prices - Brilliant!

There are obviously more staff at Celebrity dreaming up ways to get more revenue than there are folks on CC noting, and rejecting, the changes.

Well that is capitalism.

Thanks to the OP for noting this important cost related item.

ABoatNerd

Looking at what's offered in the Standard package, I'd rather purchase the Classic Non-Alcoholic for $27 less per day and use the savings on 2 to 3 cocktails/glasses of wine of my choice.

I'll be on the Solstice in February with the Classic Alcohol perk. We'll have to see what that actually includes by then.

Thank you to the OP and gilladj for your analysis on the next emerging Celebrity price hike.

Gilladj, you are right on.

Provide a further reduced beverage package and call it Standard in the fare - then hike the price of the current basic and premium while reducing the offerings in those packages and increasing drink prices - Brilliant!

There are obviously more staff at Celebrity dreaming up ways to get more revenue than there are folks on CC noting, and rejecting, the changes.

Well that is capitalism.

Thanks to the OP for noting this important cost related item.

ABoatNerd

Hey thank LuckiePuris who took the photo on the other thread where I saw it for the first time when B1G posted the link for me!

Edited by A Sixth?

Our fellow cruisers outside the continental US would probably be shocked at how many people here go out of their way to drink this stuff. I suppose it has some appeal since it comes from Europe!

Belgium brewers make some of the best beers in the world and Stella Artois... :D Stella has tried to market itself as a premium brand for years, though prices here perhaps give a more realistic picture of what people really think. It's sometimes called 'wife beater' here in the UK.

If you haven't already try some of the trappist beers brewed there from the likes of Chimay, Rochefort and La Trappe. Then try a bottle of Stella, come back here and tell us how they compare etc. :)

Well that is capitalism.

I think a three tier system has the potential to be a good thing. If it's done well with sensible beverages being hand picked for each level and priced accordingly. :)

There are many people who don't drink a lot who would maybe appreciate a more cost effective package compared to the premium offering.

It will be interesting to see how it's rolled out.

As a business consultant it is clear to me what X is positioning themselves to do. The "new" Standard package will become the drink package perk in the future. This will allow X to extract more revenue form people willing to upgrade to Classic and even more revenue for upgrading to Premium. This new package also reduces the cost of the free perk they offer.

Business is a game of balancing increasing revenue without damaging customer satisfaction. No changes are introduced expecting no negative reaction. What a business hopes is the negative will not be enough to change the customers purchasing decision.

The game is on!

So basically that would mean another cut.:(

$6 would buy you nothing. Interesting. have never heard of it!

It won't you get any of the cocktails on the regular menu, but it'd perfect for somebody who wants simple mixed drinks with well liquor. Rum and Coke, Vodka Cranberry, etc.

Belgium brewers make some of the best beers in the world and Stella Artois... :D Stella has tried to market itself as a premium brand for years, though prices here perhaps give a more realistic picture of what people really think. It's sometimes called 'wife beater' here in the UK.

Stella USED to be brewed in Belgium and imported to the US.

But then the brand was bought by ImBev which then merged with AB and now US market Stella is brewed right in the same facilities as all the other corn-water AB "beers" and the quality has dropped proportionally. Stella is no longer in any way a "Premium" beer.

Stella USED to be brewed in Belgium and imported to the US.

But then the brand was bought by ImBev which then merged with AB and now US market Stella is brewed right in the same facilities as all the other corn-water AB "beers" and the quality has dropped proportionally. Stella is no longer in any way a "Premium" beer.

It still is brewed in Belgium and elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Artois

Not sure why X class it as a premium beer at all.

To the question about the menu and asking where O'Douls is on the menu. . . . take a look at the bottom. It is only a sample of items offered. There about 3 times the number of brands listed on the menu shown available on every ship.

Mynki - Anheuser Busch does not use corn in beer. Bud is barley malt and rice, most others are wheat based. Stella here in the southwest part of the USA is premium priced, Bud is mid priced. Busch is the cheap stuff!

Sort of amusing that some beers in the US are premium in one city and budget priced in another. As a retired liquor store owner it was always interesting to see the marketing policies of beer since once you get to a certain size all beer costs almost the same $$ to make!

Edited by az_tchr

Stella has always been the 'Bud" or "Coors" of Europe in my opinion - find a good IPA and enjoy

Stella is a lager beer. IMHO all lager beers are indistinguishable [when I was in France in the late '60s the best beer we could get was from Alsace, called Panther Pils -- pronounce that French style and you will have its taste ;)]. IPA by its name is not beer, it is ale. Therein lies the difference (and the attraction!).

Mynki - Anheuser Busch does not use corn in beer. Bud is barley malt and rice, most others are wheat based. Stella here in the southwest part of the USA is premium priced, Bud is mid priced. Busch is the cheap stuff!!

It wasn't me who made that claim. ;)

I always find beer law in the US a bit odd. I don't understand why some states ban some beers over a certain percentage of alcohol etc. Here you can buy 0.1 low alcohol beers to 16.5% Tokyo or even 32% Nuclear Tactical Penguin by Brewdog etc no problem at all.

Yes they are real. Yes they are tasty. No, you won't find them on an X cruise ship, which is a real shame!