Coastal Kitchen & Tipping

DP

How much do you tip for lunch or dinner?

We only went for dinner, and had the same waiter both dinners, so we tipped (envelope with cash) at the end of the cruise.

Edited by clarea

How much do you tip for lunch or dinner?

I tipped a dollar per drink and $10 per person. I'd say a majority either didn't tip at all or tipped on the last night. From what I understand these folks aren't included in the "tip share" when working in CK or the Suite Lounge.

I tipped a dollar per drink and $10 per person. I'd say a majority either didn't tip at all or tipped on the last night. From what I understand these folks aren't included in the "tip share" when working in CK or the Suite Lounge.

That's s--tty to hear! I wonder if they earn MORE than the tip share folks?

I always tip cash to everyone who assists me regardless of the tip share pool take. $13 a day seems lame for the amount of service I'm getting from 5am to 10pm every day. Heck, if I'm paying $150 a day average in total service costs, that's $27 at 18%. Who tips 8.6% nowadays?

The bartenders add 18% to each bill....that seems ample, to me!

Select wine and beer are free in the SL from 11-11, free "well" cocktails from 5-830. I witnessed maybe 10-20% of guests actually purchasing a drink (I was one of them - the price of Bookers is VERY reasonable in the SL).

They are included in the auto gratuities!!!!!

I asked the maitre'd for Coastal Kitchen on Oasis about it since we were wondering about tipping. He assured us that all the waiters in CK are indeed covered in the auto grats. We ended up having a favorite waiter that we requested a few times. We tipped extra and he saw us later over in the Suite Lounge and made a point to come over and thank us personally. Class act.

Both the bar servers and waiters are indeed part of the tip share.

Just got off the allure... We tipped between $1-$5 per drink (sometimes 2 at a time) and $10-$15 per meal. Yes, gratuities are included but sometimes we liked the server a lot and wanted to make sure they got the extra cash. We loved all the meals (lunch and dinner) and we felt it was appropriate.

Edited by omgyani

They are included in the auto gratuities!!!!!

I asked the maitre'd for Coastal Kitchen on Oasis about it since we were wondering about tipping. He assured us that all the waiters in CK are indeed covered in the auto grats. We ended up having a favorite waiter that we requested a few times. We tipped extra and he saw us later over in the Suite Lounge and made a point to come over and thank us personally. Class act.

Both the bar servers and waiters are indeed part of the tip share.

This is such good news to read since I will be doing Jan 2 and 9th on Oasis and plan to have all our meals in Coastal Kitchen. We just made Pinnacle and happy to hang out on deck 17.

We were fortunate to have the same bartender all week on the Oasis, and we tipped him at the end of the week. He seemed to migrate to us daily.

Coastal kitchen we just gave an envelope the last day we ate there.

We did have different wait staff the two times we ate there.

Safe travels.