What's the story?

luv2travel06

We also walked by many pictures like the ones you posted.

I didn't take any pictures of them. But I did read some of the captions on the bottom of the pictures -- gave ship name and some dates.

I have no idea who these people were, are what if anything they were celebrating or how HAL got these pictures.

I did not know they did art tours other than those that involve champagne and auctions :)

I think you can download a podcast and then walk around the ship looking at all the art. It is not an organized tour.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Activities.action?tabName=Art+Tours&WT.ac=OurShips_ED_AddlResources_ArtTour

Edited by OVgirl

I did not know they did art tours other than those that involve champagne and auctions :)

See http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Activities.action#

and click Art Tours on the left margin

but ... I doubt that they talk about photographs in the corridors

Edited by jtl513

We did the recorded art tour on the Noordam. The library has iPods preloaded with the tour that you can borrow. The tour covered all the public areas of the ship and discussed art on the wall, as well as statues, artifacts and furniture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We walked by those same pictures and wondered whether they were major stock holders of Holland America who were sailing in the 1950's.The father did not look too happy,If you saw these pictures up close you would not call them art but they were representative of 1950's ship life.I am glad you took photos of these pictures,I asked a room steward who was working nearby if he knew the story and he said no.The people had different clothes on so the pictures were taken on two different occasions.I think they may have been Easter bonnets as there were tulips on the table and the male incorporated them into his hat.Still wondering.

Edited by Louise sail

called "The art of Cruising" that shows many of the pictures you see on each ship, maybe not those in the corredores by the cabins. They look like they were taken in the 50's when sailing was a big deal and more festive.

Edited by SeaBands

I think they may have been Easter bonnets as there were tulips on the table and the male incorporated them into his hat.Still wondering.
That sounds more logical to me than New Year's. I never saw big hats at a New Year's party back in the day.

The walls of the hallway leading to our cabin had fascinating photos of Holland America cruises from days gone by. It was fun to take time and look at them.

On a sea day on our first Eurodam cruise I circled the hallways on every deck looking at the pictures. Love the photos of the old ships!

Walked past these photos every day on the Eurodam. Curious if these are some random family's photos or someone important to the cruise line. And what event are they participating in in the last two photos?

I recall some time ago (this year) a poster who had reached an enormous number of days while saying he was still youthful, posting this photo and saying he was the boy in it, travelling with his parents. Now, I know I can be gullible, but I had no reason not to believe it:o. I just wish I could remember who it was, but it was not one of the regular long-time posters.