Transferring Reservations to a TA

jeno

We booked a 2017 TA with the onboard deal from Celebrity that includes the gratuities and a small amount of OBC. My intention is to transfer the reservation to a TA for some additional OBC. I haven't seen any deals from TAs and I'm wondering how long I have to transfer it. I think I booked on 12/6.

Any input on deals you have seen and how much time I have to move the res would be much appreciated. Thanks!

From the website...

Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Celebrity Cruises?

Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form.

We booked a 2017 TA with the onboard deal from Celebrity that includes the gratuities and a small amount of OBC. My intention is to transfer the reservation to a TA for some additional OBC. I haven't seen any deals from TAs and I'm wondering how long I have to transfer it. I think I booked on 12/6.

Any input on deals you have seen and how much time I have to move the res would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You only have 90 days to transfer.

Don't know if it's changed recently but my post above was taken from the celebrity US website so it's stated as 60 days...

Not that you can always believe what they say I guess... 🤔

Hi - to avoid confusion - in the US, it is 60 days.

I just transferred two bookings. The TA gave me the information needed for the transfer form and I received an email from RCCL/Celebrity with the form to fill out. A few days later I received another email from Reservation Transfers letting me know the transfer was complete.

Have a great cruise.

Be sure to ask the TA for some OBC. They will usually provide at least 5% if you discuss cruising reasonably often.

90 days in Canada to transfer. Rules are always different for every booking region.

Edited by az_tchr

I would double check to make sure when that 60 day begins for that specific program. Some say the day you booked the passage on your transatlantic, and others say the day you converted the passage to an actual sailing. Be careful and don't get shortchanged. I transferred mine last week, so I don't have to worry. I think you have up until 30 December to use that special program.

Edited by Wine-O

Extremely good point Wine-o. Were you happy with the OBC you were given? Was it worth making the change?

I always book with Celebrity then transfer it to a Travel Agent a day or two after. She takes good care of us.

I would double check to make sure when that 60 day begins for that specific program. Some say the day you booked the passage on your transatlantic, and others say the day you converted the passage to an actual sailing. Be careful and don't get shortchanged. I transferred mine last week, so I don't have to worry. I think you have up until 30 December to use that special program.

You are correct Wine-O. The start of the 60 days was the day I bought the thing onboard even though the cruises were no available for almost another month.

Wine-O, would you please contact me at Jeanne dot butzer at g mail dot com? Thank you!

Since the Big, Better Best promo, I am not seeing the perks offered by my T/A that I used to see. I use a onlne only agency and receive a discount in fare, but nothing more. I used to get the fare discount and some OBC along with whatever I got from Celebrity by booking onboard. No more.

Kamloops - Celebrity and other cruise lines have completely different rules outside the USA. Here it is 60 days.

As for additional perks from TAs - simply ask.

On a recent TA total cost of about $3100 I contacted 3 big box TAs. Was offered nothing additional from one - had not used them before, $100 from a second that I had booked all recent cruises, and $350 from a third I had used once several years ago. Invested about 30 minutes and the initial requests were all made via email except #2.

Edited by az_tchr

For all of you who bought the cert onboard a TA, did the gratuities and OBC get posted to your booking. I was told that it would be posted within a week of booking (12/8). I called celebrity yesterday and they said it would be done closer to sailing. I have never heard that before. Thanks

Edited by vkb2751

For all of you who bought the cert onboard a TA, did the gratuities and OBC get posted to your booking. I was told that it would be posted within a week of booking (12/8). I called celebrity yesterday and they said it would be done closer to sailing. I have never heard that before. Thanks

The OBC is posted, but not the gratuities. i just called a few minutes ago to check. Celebrity added the gratuity charge, but not the credit. Celebrity told me the code is not yet available, but it will added later. The TA that is getting my booking says it is the same for all her clients on the newly released cruises.

I recall from my booking last year with the 123 AI that it took a while for the gratuity credit to show up. It was by far the last of the three.

The OBC is posted, but not the gratuities. i just called a few minutes ago to check. Celebrity added the gratuity charge, but not the credit. Celebrity told me the code is not yet available, but it will added later. The TA that is getting my booking says it is the same for all her clients on the newly released cruises.

I recall from my booking last year with the 123 AI that it took a while for the gratuity credit to show up. It was by far the last of the three.

You know, it's absolutely ridiculous that Celebrity can't update all of our invoices to reflect that the gratuities have been removed and the OBC included. It's not like they didn't know how long ago that they were offering this promo for those that booked onboard our TA for a 2017 TA. Not only did they know it, but they then delayed the openings of the bookings. I find it hard to believe they can't have this figured out yet.

You know, it's absolutely ridiculous that Celebrity can't update all of our invoices to reflect that the gratuities have been removed and the OBC included. It's not like they didn't know how long ago that they were offering this promo for those that booked onboard our TA for a 2017 TA. Not only did they know it, but they then delayed the openings of the bookings. I find it hard to believe they can't have this figured out yet.

Cannot disagree that it is ridiculous and I would not want to appear like I am defending this obvious process failure. I think it has to be done manually by a separate department and they probably give priority to cruises that are not two years away. The person on the phone was able to add the gratuities immediately, but not the credit. I at least was able to confirm that they have a record of the free gratuities.

You are correct Wine-O. The start of the 60 days was the day I bought the thing onboard even though the cruises were no available for almost another month.

Wine-O, would you please contact me at Jeanne dot butzer at g mail dot com? Thank you!

Did you get my e-mail?

Did you get my e-mail?

Thanks so much for this post. I was really busy yesterday and got a huge amount of email. Even with your subject line, I missed it! I replied to your email. Thanks again!